u RLFANS.COM - Gildart WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gildart
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 pm
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 186
Rep Position: 146th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1335
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
FearTheVee wrote:
I'm now certain this is a wind up.

Transplant cheetah DNA into a human to get faster wingers


Nah, transplant Perigrine wings, then watch 'em fly.
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 492
Rep Position: 40th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5846
This is the greatest wind up thread I have ever seen. Bravo sir, bravo
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm
Posted by [Gareth] on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 pm
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 154
Rep Position: 170th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 14462
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
FearTheVee wrote:
I'm now certain this is a wind up.

Transplant cheetah DNA into a human to get faster wingers


Someone needs to stop the planet from spinning, I want to get off
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 996
Jukesays wrote:
O
All Enforcer is asking is for you to dispense with reality and think about the Future


Wrong. I am asking you to dispense with the here and now and think what COULD be available in the future. The future belongs to those of us that dream BIG, not those that sit on their hands and stand still.
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 62nd / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 996
FearTheVee wrote:
I'm now certain this is a wind up.

Transplant cheetah DNA into a human to get faster wingers


How do you know that in the future this would not be a possibility? You dont. Because it is impossible at this time, you are unable to grasp the idea.

All it take is for us to make contact with life from elsewhere in the Universe and Lord knows what technology they could have and it will eventually happen. Its virtually impossible that we are alone.
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Posted by secondstanza on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:52 pm
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 37
Rep Position: 278th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 317
The_Enforcer wrote:
With all due respect, you are giving a commentary without knowing what tomorrow brings.

What if we transplant the cheetah DNA into a human? What if we are able to perform muscle transplants to a much higher standard in the future? What if we start to develop man made muscles that are 10x stronger than natural muscle?

I get what you are saying that its impossible right now and unthinkable but in the future things will keep advancing and todays methods and understandings will be obsolete.


Are you offering to be the recepticle for the cheetah DNA?

The reason why that doesn't work is covered in high school science. Think of DNA and chromosomes like a zip. The teeth have to line up in both shape and number or else it doesn't work. That's why 2 animals of different species can't reproduce. Splicing of DNA would have to be done at conception, not just inserting a bit of DNA from one animal into another otherwise you'd turn into a dog-human hybrid whenever one licked your face. Time doesn't suddenly make certain things possible.

You're able to dispell with the idea that we can splice DNA together. Do you believe the constant (the speed of sound) may change, that the forces in this world will change properties, that water will no longer be comprised of H2O? Our DNA will change over time, but it will always be unique to us, if it wasn't we wouldn't be us.

As I say, you've created an echo chamber for yourself where everything is possible without ever having to offer any sort of reasoning or explanation. Ironically, thats the basis of scientific modeling. Maybe try philosophy, it seems to be more up your street based on what you've said. It certainly doesn't place the same burden of proof as traditional science.

The_Enforcer wrote:
How do you know that in the future this would not be a possibility? You dont. Because it is impossible at this time, you are unable to grasp the idea.

All it take is for us to make contact with life from elsewhere in the Universe and Lord knows what technology they could have and it will eventually happen. Its virtually impossible that we are alone.


Ah got you. You basically need 2001 A Space Odyssey to come true. Top notch reasoning.

For what it's worth I absolutely believe in life other than us in the universe. It's almost a statistical certainty. I'm immensely skeptical that any of these life forms will ever built technology to be able to communicate with each other. I'm even more skeptical that we will be able to harness such technology if it exists.

I do like your thinking though, we make contact with extra terrestrial life, they impart their wisdom and knowledge along with their materials to make the impossible possible, and you want to use it so create a man cheetah hybrid to stick on the wing and score 10 tries in the first 40 at the DW.
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm
Posted by Jukesays on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 297
Rep Position: 88th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6109
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
secondstanza wrote:
Are you offering to be the recepticle for the cheetah DNA?

The reason why that doesn't work is covered in high school science. Think of DNA and chromosomes like a zip. The teeth have to line up in both shape and number or else it doesn't work. That's why 2 animals of different species can't reproduce. Splicing of DNA would have to be done at conception, not just inserting a bit of DNA from one animal into another otherwise you'd turn into a dog-human hybrid whenever one licked your face. Time doesn't suddenly make certain things possible.

You're able to dispell with the idea that we can splice DNA together. Do you believe the constant (the speed of sound) may change, that the forces in this world will change properties, that water will no longer be comprised of H2O? Our DNA will change over time, but it will always be unique to us, if it wasn't we wouldn't be us.

As I say, you've created an echo chamber for yourself where everything is possible without ever having to offer any sort of reasoning or explanation. Ironically, thats the basis of scientific modeling. Maybe try philosophy, it seems to be more up your street based on what you've said. It certainly doesn't place the same burden of proof as traditional science.

Ah got you. You basically need 2001 A Space Odyssey to come true. Top notch reasoning.

For what it's worth I absolutely believe in life other than us in the universe. It's almost a statistical certainty. I'm immensely skeptical that any of these life forms will ever built technology to be able to communicate with each other. I'm even more skeptical that we will be able to harness such technology if it exists.

I do like your thinking though, we make contact with extra terrestrial life, they impart their wisdom and knowledge along with their materials to make the impossible possible, and you want to use it so create a man cheetah hybrid to stick on the wing and score 10 tries in the first 40 at the DW.


Which isn't as mad as Bringing back Kelvin Skerrett to coach our forwards! :wink:
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:27 pm
Posted by FearTheVee on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:27 pm
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 142
Rep Position: 179th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10874
Location: Much too far South
The_Enforcer wrote:
How do you know that in the future this would not be a possibility? You dont. Because it is impossible at this time, you are unable to grasp the idea.

All it take is for us to make contact with life from elsewhere in the Universe and Lord knows what technology they could have and it will eventually happen. Its virtually impossible that we are alone.


You are missing the obvious fact that the cheetah will in all likelihood be deemed sacred by our intergalactic friends and we will refuse to transplant their DNA out of respect.
Re: Gildart
Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:44 pm
Posted by Jukesays on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:44 pm
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 297
Rep Position: 88th / 78,043

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6109
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
FearTheVee wrote:
You are missing the obvious fact that the cheetah will in all likelihood be deemed sacred by our intergalactic friends and we will refuse to transplant their DNA out of respect.


That's Better
Your getting the idea now! :CLAP:
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edinburgh Warrior, Egg Chasing, exiled Warrior, Father Ted, GB, Google Adsense [Bot], proper-shaped-balls, Rogues Gallery, The_Enforcer and 113 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,025,9341,09178,0434,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.






28