WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Season ticket advertising

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Season ticket advertising

Season ticket advertising
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 249
Rep Position: 106th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Probably not worth a whole thread but I had to bring this up - I've seen quite a lot of Wigan RL advertising billboards around Wigan recently. Now its great that these adverts are there in the first place so thumbs up for that. The problem is unless you were an active fan of the club you would have no idea what it is they were advertising. Every advert has the slogan 'Wigan made since 1872' which I recognise from email/website banners promoting season tickets. But on the billboards there is no mention whatsoever of season tickets, the 2020 season, ticket office contact info or anything related.

Maybe a minor issue to some but I find it absolutely staggering that the club puts time, money and effort into an advertising campaign and doesn't actually mention what the adverts are about!

On a side note, great to see terrific video adverts promoting Salford season tickets on the digital boards on Regent Road.
Re: Season ticket advertising
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 384
Rep Position: 59th / 77,905

MadDogg wrote:
Probably not worth a whole thread but I had to bring this up - I've seen quite a lot of Wigan RL advertising billboards around Wigan recently. Now its great that these adverts are there in the first place so thumbs up for that. The problem is unless you were an active fan of the club you would have no idea what it is they were advertising. Every advert has the slogan 'Wigan made since 1872' which I recognise from email/website banners promoting season tickets. But on the billboards there is no mention whatsoever of season tickets, the 2020 season, ticket office contact info or anything related.

Maybe a minor issue to some but I find it absolutely staggering that the club puts time, money and effort into an advertising campaign and doesn't actually mention what the adverts are about!

On a side note, great to see terrific video adverts promoting Salford season tickets on the digital boards on Regent Road.

I concur. You can have the greatest advertisement campaign ever conceived but without the product being known to the masses, it’ll founder.

Salford are still riding the GF crest and so they bloody well should too. Some clever marketing from them should see ST numbers increase for 2020 as well as the casual walk up fan.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Season ticket advertising
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm
Posted by warrior1872 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm
warrior1872 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 70
Rep Position: 244th / 77,905

MadDogg wrote:

I'm off to the Christina Aguilera concert in Manchester tomorrow so i will have a look at them,i don't know why we don't use the mobile advertising that other businesses utilise