WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hastings
Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:18 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 357
Rep Position: 64th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 911
After watching him for GB, im left wondering have we signed another Danny Orr? He looked good at Salford with no pressure on him and a lot of help from their no 6 (forget his name) but he was pretty poor for GB and didnt create anything over 3 games that i can remember and his kicking game was hardly great. At Wigan he will find it much harder than he did at Salford as all teams seem to raise their game against us and the pressure will be on him to deliver almost all of the play making.
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 384
Rep Position: 59th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5472
Wondered how long it would take :shock:

I concur with one aspect of your point - he’s hardly set the world alight for GB. But I come back at you with who has? All these supposed world class players have been bang average. That doesn’t mean that they’re now bad players. He’ll be a revelation for us, that I am very confident in.

Also to say under no pressure at Salford? That’s way off the mark. The whole club relied on him to perform week in week out. He was their main catalyst and driving force to get them to an unexpected but deserved Grand Final.

He seems to me to be a player that thrives under pressure. And for me he hasn’t been under pressure for GB at any point.

It comes back to a poor tactical set up for the tour by the coach.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm
Posted by [Gareth] on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 137
Rep Position: 181st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 14301
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
Image
"Ich bin Ausländer"

"This song is for all you people in the back, its called 'Hard To See'"
Ivan Moody, 5FDP, Reading Festival 2016
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm
Posted by ChrisA on Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 89
Rep Position: 225th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Oldham.
More like a punisher than enforcer.
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:10 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 357
Rep Position: 64th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 911
100% Warrior wrote:
Wondered how long it would take :shock:

I concur with one aspect of your point - he’s hardly set the world alight for GB. But I come back at you with who has? All these supposed world class players have been bang average. That doesn’t mean that they’re now bad players. He’ll be a revelation for us, that I am very confident in.

Also to say under no pressure at Salford? That’s way off the mark. The whole club relied on him to perform week in week out. He was their main catalyst and driving force to get them to an unexpected but deserved Grand Final.

He seems to me to be a player that thrives under pressure. And for me he hasn’t been under pressure for GB at any point.

It comes back to a poor tactical set up for the tour by the coach.


I disagree. From all the Salford games ive seen, he has been the least dangerous of their two half backs. The other guy who played 6 always looked far more dangerous and harder to defend against to me.

Danny Orr was ripping it up at Castleford yet when he came to Wigan he was poor and made no impact. Its not unreasonable to worry if Hastings could suffer the same fate.

Playing for GB was his first real big test and IMO he failed. The other week, you was championing Bennett and now you are blaming him for Hastings poor showing? Make your mind up.
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 357
Rep Position: 64th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 911
ChrisA wrote:
More like a punisher than enforcer.


I might of known that once i put a post up questioning our recruitment that id be attacked for it. Only happy clapping allowed, i get it. Sorry im not here to lick the boots of everything Wigan, im here to throw ideas and opinions around and try and engage in discussion. The moment everybody starts licking Lenegan and Radlinskis boots is the moment intelligent conversation dies.
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 261
Rep Position: 101st / 77,905

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1927
Well as a neutral I think he has been vastly underused by Bennetts tactics. Everything has gone through Widdop because of Bennetts love in with NRL players (obviously yet to lower himself as he will this year in SL)

The last 20/30 minutes of the first test he started demanding the ball more and started maing things happen a bit, we only started looking slightly dangerous once he did. There is no way Robert Lui made him look good at all, otherwise Myler would have looked good at Leeds!

He is the best half in SL and will prove to be moreso next year
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:38 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:38 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 502
Rep Position: 38th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4748
You lost me at 'Danny Orr'
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:18 pm
Posted by ChrisA on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:18 pm
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 89
Rep Position: 225th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 1518
Location: Oldham.
The_Enforcer wrote:
I might of known that once i put a post up questioning our recruitment that id be attacked for it. Only happy clapping allowed, i get it. Sorry im not here to lick the boots of everything Wigan, im here to throw ideas and opinions around and try and engage in discussion. The moment everybody starts licking Lenegan and Radlinskis boots is the moment intelligent conversation dies.


I'm far from a happy clapper, but you're now taking such a negative view on everything that it's ridiculous.
Re: Hastings
Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:53 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:53 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 868
Rep Position: 8th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 1546
The_Enforcer wrote:
After watching him for GB, im left wondering have we signed another Danny Orr? He looked good at Salford with no pressure on him and a lot of help from their no 6 (forget his name) but he was pretty poor for GB and didnt create anything over 3 games that i can remember and his kicking game was hardly great. At Wigan he will find it much harder than he did at Salford as all teams seem to raise their game against us and the pressure will be on him to deliver almost all of the play making.

If Hastings is the wrong man, who should Wigan have brought in?
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArcticGorilla, fleabag and 76 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,17681477,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 13th Feb 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
TORONTO
Sun 23rd Feb 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 10th Apr 14:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 25th Apr 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 3rd May 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 24th May 14:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 20th Jun 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 28th Jun 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28