WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - How did Smith do for the Knights?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors How did Smith do for the Knights?

How did Smith do for the Knights? Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:58 pm  

Levrier wrote:
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1205
I could not make the game.
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:59 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5973
I read a comment on twitter I think saying he went well, good kicking game and organisation. I didn’t see the game so other than that I can’t offer an opinion
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:47 am  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31355
I watched it on the our league app.
Smith did well, good kicking and passing game and I don't recall him missing many tackles. Sam Powell was outstanding, running kicking, tackling and was m.o.m. by a long way.
Jamaica were poor so it's hard to judge the Knights performance, I'd like to see them tested against better opposition.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5973
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I watched it on the our league app.
Smith did well, good kicking and passing game and I don't recall him missing many tackles. Sam Powell was outstanding, running kicking, tackling and was m.o.m. by a long way.
Jamaica were poor so it's hard to judge the Knights performance, I'd like to see them tested against better opposition.


I agree. Was always going to be a comprehensive victory for the Knights so I don’t think it can be read into too much. Perhaps a game v France/Wales/Scotland/Ireland would be a better test. The Knights is supposed to be a step up in competition and quality and I don’t think it could be said that this test was. If anything it was a drop down.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1081
A team of blindfolded players would of given them a better test.

If you are going to have a reserve/emerging England team, at least challenge them.
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:57 am  

User avatarthepimp007 wrote:
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1964
The_Enforcer wrote:
A team of blindfolded players would of given them a better test.

If you are going to have a reserve/emerging England team, at least challenge them.


How are the emerging nations supposed to improve though without playing the likes of the knights?
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:51 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13826
thepimp007 wrote:
How are the emerging nations supposed to improve though without playing the likes of the knights?

Maybe going a bit younger would make it more of a game. We didn't play any under 21s in that game.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31355
Grimmy wrote:
Maybe going a bit younger would make it more of a game. We didn't play any under 21s in that game.


Smith, Newman, Smithies.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: How did Smith do for the Knights? Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13826
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Smith, Newman, Smithies.

Apologies, the squad on wiki is out of date
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angelus, Edinburgh Warrior, Egg Chasing, hatty, jonh, Jukesays, KingRoss11, post, Salty and 139 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,057,0611,10878,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts