WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lockers back!
Re: Lockers back!
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 316
Rep Position: 76th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Bigredwarrior wrote:
I agree mate. Strange really, fans on here don’t want him to play for us, yet the GB coach still sees him as good enough to captain our national side.

I’m not saying I don’t want him to play for us, of course I do but how long can he and we carry on with this play one or two sit out for 5 or 6? It’s not feasible. He’s a superb player and character to have but we don’t have him all that often anymore and the team has moved on without him.

I haven’t a bad word to say about him but surely he and the club must be able to see the end of the road for his playing career.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 455
Rep Position: 42nd / 77,841

100% Warrior wrote:
I’m not saying I don’t want him to play for us, of course I do but how long can he and we carry on with this play one or two sit out for 5 or 6? It’s not feasible. He’s a superb player and character to have but we don’t have him all that often anymore and the team has moved on without him.

I haven’t a bad word to say about him but surely he and the club must be able to see the end of the road for his playing career.

The end of the road probably will come sooner rather than later for Lockers...nevertheless he's a Wigan player. and can offer so much, a player who can be the difference between us winning a big game, semi's gf's. For now, for this season, if he's fit and available he must feature. In time, when the time is right, he'll say his goodbyes to his playing days and I for one will applaud him as he's been one of the best I've seen in a Wigan shirt over the past 10-15 years.

FWIW, at a time (and this isn't just me as a Wigan fan) he was one of the most underrated players in the game. I'd hear fans from other teams not rate him when he was up there as one of the worlds best 13s, with a different, yet equally as good skillset as the more highly rated 13s in the game; the likes of Paul Gallen and Corey Parker, Harrison etc.

I could even argue, at a time, he was the best 13 in world rugby league.
Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:02 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:02 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 316
Rep Position: 76th / 77,841

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
The end of the road probably will come sooner rather than later for Lockers...nevertheless he's a Wigan player. and can offer so much, a player who can be the difference between us winning a big game, semi's gf's. For now, for this season, if he's fit and available he must feature. In time, when the time is right, he'll say his goodbyes to his playing days and I for one will applaud him as he's been one of the best I've seen in a Wigan shirt over the past 10-15 years.

FWIW, at a time (and this isn't just me as a Wigan fan) he was one of the most underrated players in the game. I'd hear fans from other teams not rate him when he was up there as one of the worlds best 13s, with a different, yet equally as good skillset as the more highly rated 13s in the game; the likes of Paul Gallen and Corey Parker, Harrison etc.

I could even argue, at a time, he was the best 13 in world rugby league.

Completely agree, I think you’ll be one of thousands to applaud him. Remember the days where he was questioned for suitability for the captaincy? My how wrong some were! A huge part of why we’ve been so successful is down to Sean O’Loughlin. A legend in his own right and surely a guaranteed future Wigan RL Hall of Famer.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Previous