WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The warriors fans website

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com The warriors fans website

Re: The warriors fans website
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 pm
Posted by jinkin jimmy on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:04 pm
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 122
Rep Position: 180th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 12

I started on there before here and I’ve been here since 2005!
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm
Posted by ChrisA on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 86
Rep Position: 212th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

jinkin jimmy wrote:

Same.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 pm
Posted by Lazy J on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:42 pm
Lazy J User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 294th / 77,819

Location: Ashvegas a one horse town, where they shot the horse!
jinkin jimmy wrote:

I’ve been on there long before this site popped up, I’ve never got the animosity between posters on mikes site and here and vice versa, at the end of the day we’re all Wigan fans, but there are some posters on there with some very good contacts.

We need both forums running, as more of the discussion moves to Facebook and other channels forums like this and mikes are slowly dying
Leigh....They still point at planes!
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 pm
Posted by moto748 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:45 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 222
Rep Position: 113th / 77,819

Lazy J wrote:
I’ve been on there long before this site popped up, I’ve never got the animosity between posters on mikes site and here and vice versa, at the end of the day we’re all Wigan fans, but there are some posters on there with some very good contacts.

We need both forums running, as more of the discussion moves to Facebook and other channels forums like this and mikes are slowly dying

Agreed. And plenty post on both. Unfortunately, in some cases! :mrgreen:
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 pm
Posted by Ruddy Duck on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:40 pm
Ruddy Duck Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 282nd / 77,819

If they intended to close the website, they should have let supporters know of their intention.
Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:56 pm
Posted by Ruddy Duck on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:56 pm
Ruddy Duck Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 282nd / 77,819

Fujiman wrote:
:lol:

If true, Dave will be a happy bunny!
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 am
Posted by Cruncher on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 305
Rep Position: 81st / 77,819

Personally, I was driven away by the endless doom and gloom, and by the self-proclaimed fonts of inside info, who turned out to be wrong as regularly as they turned out to be right.

The worst thing was the hostiity to Ian Lenagan's regime, which seemed to manifest from the moment he arrived. The focus of this was a small group of embittered malcontents, who just couldn't seem to get over the fact that we no longer signed a bunch of top-level internationals each year, while many of the others were sheep who followed them.

For adopting a somewhat more positive line, I was called everything from Ian Lenagan's wife to Ian Lenagan himself.

Whether the repeated success that IL went on to bring to the club had a modifying effect on this endless whingeing, I don't know, because I never went back to check.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 am
Posted by hengirl on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 am
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 192
Rep Position: 127th / 77,819

Cruncher wrote:
Personally, I was driven away by the endless doom and gloom, and by the self-proclaimed fonts of inside info, who turned out to be wrong as regularly as they turned out to be right.

The worst thing was the hostiity to Ian Lenagan's regime, which seemed to manifest from the moment he arrived. The focus of this was a small group of embittered malcontents, who just couldn't seem to get over the fact that we no longer signed a bunch of top-level internationals each year, while many of the others were sheep who followed them.

For adopting a somewhat more positive line, I was called everything from Ian Lenagan's wife to Ian Lenagan himself.

Whether the repeated success that IL went on to bring to the club had a modifying effect on this endless whingeing, I don't know, because I never went back to check.

Honestly I haven’t posted over there but have lurked it’s no better or worse than here to be honest,plenty of whinging here at times
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:02 am
Posted by Grimmy on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:02 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 75th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 248

Won't be missed. RLFANS can be bad but that site is/was miles worse
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 45th / 77,819

Cruncher wrote:

There were a couple who were really bitter and antagonistic. I used to post links to the accounts to prove them wrong, but to no avail, they'd be back with similar allegations a few weeks later.

I often wonder if he went to "wrong school" for them or maybe it was his relationship with St. Pats?
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
PreviousNext