WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 19 man squad for St Helens Friday

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com 19 man squad for St Helens Friday

Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 am
Posted by 100% Warrior on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 am
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 310
Rep Position: 79th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5141
Brick with eyes wrote:
I thought Partington and Smithies were outstanding in their two spells . When they were off the field we struggled to defend . Two great prospects there for Canberra Raiders
Nice to see Jack Wells back in tonight’s squad


Completely agree. It’s easy to forget their age when the way they are playing is far beyond their age and experience.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 am
Posted by newport dave on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 am
newport dave User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 294th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2001 8:27 am
Posts: 937
Location: Newport
100% Warrior wrote:
In hindsight no but at the time I think it was the right decision, get the 2 and continue to build pressure. I think most teams would have gone for the 2 to be totally honest


In hindsight, Wigan should of known it wouldn't work as Wire did it 3 times last week and still lost.....
Avatar - me at the Ghana V Uruguay 2010 FIFA World Cup Quarter Final at Soccer City - Still loyal to the 'S' wearing my Saints wooly hat.
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:44 am
Posted by FearTheVee on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:44 am
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 177th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10739
Location: Much too far South
Grimmy wrote:
It's a footnote now, but does anyone agree with us going for 2 when we were 6-2 down near their line? I thought it was a waste of field position, still left us needing to score and basically said to an already-confident Saints "We don't think we can score a try even from here."


Thought that was a dreadful decision that gave a really poor message.

Both Wire and Wigan in recent weeks have told the Saints defence they think it is too strong for them early on in games.
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:13 am
Posted by Suzy Banyon on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:13 am
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 260th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 2671
Location: Tamm Tanz Akademie
Grimmy wrote:
It's a footnote now, but does anyone agree with us going for 2 when we were 6-2 down near their line? I thought it was a waste of field position, still left us needing to score and basically said to an already-confident Saints "We don't think we can score a try even from here."


It wasn't the right decision. But we wouldn't have scored.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 am
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 am
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 426
Rep Position: 45th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31102
FearTheVee wrote:
Thought that was a dreadful decision that gave a really poor message.

Both Wire and Wigan in recent weeks have told the Saints defence they think it is too strong for them early on in games.

I thought it was the right decision at the time, bringing it back to 6 - 4.

The two decisions for Saints 1st try were wrong.

1) The pass to Makinson was a good metre forward but, 2) the play should have been stopped just before that as Leuluai was being attended to by the doctor with a head injury. I thought that protocol was introduced this season?
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 734
Rep Position: 13th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23152
Location: WIGAN
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I thought it was the right decision at the time, bringing it back to 6 - 4.

The two decisions for Saints 1st try were wrong.

1) The pass to Makinson was a good metre forward but, 2) the play should have been stopped just before that as Leuluai was being attended to by the doctor with a head injury. I thought that protocol was introduced this season?


Was it just me or were our medical team hugely naive? They got him to move the ten yards to the side of the pitch rather than just getting him to lie down.

It was on the side we were stood we couldn’t believe it.
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 75th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 13533
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I thought it was the right decision at the time, bringing it back to 6 - 4.

The two decisions for Saints 1st try were wrong.

1) The pass to Makinson was a good metre forward but, 2) the play should have been stopped just before that as Leuluai was being attended to by the doctor with a head injury. I thought that protocol was introduced this season?

Not seen it back but I was sat in line with the Makinson pass and thought it was fine at the time.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Posted by proper-shaped-balls on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:19 pm
proper-shaped-balls User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 275th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am
Posts: 1208
Location: Standish - Wigan
Grimmy wrote:
Not seen it back but I was sat in line with the Makinson pass and thought it was fine at the time.



I called it forward at the time. I've seen it back and it is forward. Wouldn't have made any difference to the result though!
Keep goin wit yed down
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Posted by Pieman on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 120th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3071
Location: Atherton
NickyKiss wrote:
Was it just me or were our medical team hugely naive? They got him to move the ten yards to the side of the pitch rather than just getting him to lie down.

It was on the side we were stood we couldn’t believe it.


terrible by the medical team
Re: 19 man squad for St Helens Friday
Post Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:43 pm
Posted by Pieman on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:43 pm
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 120th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3071
Location: Atherton
100% Warrior wrote:
In hindsight no but at the time I think it was the right decision, get the 2 and continue to build pressure. I think most teams would have gone for the 2 to be totally honest


but by taking 2 you relieve pressure, the second one we should have taken the tap and built pressure on them. Some very poor decision making and leadership
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Edinburgh Warrior, JIMMY MAGNETS, jonh, ksm1701, NickyKiss, Rogues Gallery, rowdy1, That Mon, TonyM19, Trainman, tyr and 168 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,955,7571,56877,8194,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 20th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28