RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lam to stay on in 2020
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:35 am  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10961
Location: Much too far South
Wigan’s accounts now online - not happy reading at all.

Interesting to read a statement that the “pioneering tour to Australia” apparently “contributed significantly to the Company’s below budget performance in the year”

I recall being shouted down when I questioned some of the claimed benefits of that farce.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 am  

jinkin jimmy wrote:
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3787
FearTheVee wrote:
Wigan’s accounts now online - not happy reading at all.

Interesting to read a statement that the “pioneering tour to Australia” apparently “contributed significantly to the Company’s below budget performance in the year”

I recall being shouted down when I questioned some of the claimed benefits of that farce.

WUM
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 pm  
Darwen Warrior User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:20 pm
Posts: 187
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
FearTheVee wrote:
Interesting to read a statement that the “pioneering tour to Australia” apparently “contributed significantly to the Company’s below budget performance in the year”.


I never really questioned both the Millwall and Australia ‘experiments’ at the time because if you need to generate extra revenue, you’ve got to try something, or you’ll never know.

I started to have my doubts, however, when after the blaze of publicity that both games got, there was an eery silence with regard to the pounds, shillings and pence that may have been generated from the two games.

I’m not knocking Mr Lenagan, far from it, he’s been a huge success for Wigan and it’s clear to see that he’s a forward thinker but it’s kind of ironic that the Australia game has cost us significantly rather than made us money. I’m sure the Millwall game would have done likewise.

Difficult times and not just for Wigan.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:04 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6611
Darwen Warrior wrote:
I never really questioned both the Millwall and Australia ‘experiments’ at the time because if you need to generate extra revenue, you’ve got to try something, or you’ll never know.

I started to have my doubts, however, when after the blaze of publicity that both games got, there was an eery silence with regard to the pounds, shillings and pence that may have been generated from the two games.

I’m not knocking Mr Lenagan, far from it, he’s been a huge success for Wigan and it’s clear to see that he’s a forward thinker but it’s kind of ironic that the Australia game has cost us significantly rather than made us money. I’m sure the Millwall game would have done likewise.

Difficult times and not just for Wigan.


I didn’t see the sense in either at the time and I still don’t now. We took games away from our core support, taking them on the road. We should be advertising effectively everyday in and around Wigan. There’s more than enough RL fans in Wigan to fill that stadia 3/4 times over.

Tickets are affordable so we can’t blame that. It’s been poor marketing IMO. You only have to look the other end of the A49 in Warrington to see what effective marketing does for your crowds.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25139
Location: WIGAN
100% Warrior wrote:
I didn’t see the sense in either at the time and I still don’t now. We took games away from our core support, taking them on the road. We should be advertising effectively everyday in and around Wigan. There’s more than enough RL fans in Wigan to fill that stadia 3/4 times over.

Tickets are affordable so we can’t blame that. It’s been poor marketing IMO. You only have to look the other end of the A49 in Warrington to see what effective marketing does for your crowds.


There really needs to be a huge effort to engage the Wigan pubic ahead of next season and our marketing needs to get back to its levels of a few years back. The likes of Hastings, G Burgess and Lam himself are engaging characters and we need to tap in to that. Things like fans forums, Q & A’s etc need to pushed. Mr Lenagan needs to start communicating more and we really need to push hard for season ticket sales. The fact that u8’s can now get a free season ticket should be huge. What young junior rugby player in this town shouldn’t have one of those? Mr Lenagan has put his money where his mouth is, so with some promotion and engagement activities, there’s no reason why there shouldn’t be a massive buzz around the place ahead of 2020.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:17 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6611
NickyKiss wrote:
There really needs to be a huge effort to engage the Wigan pubic ahead of next season and our marketing needs to get back to its levels of a few years back. The likes of Hastings, G Burgess and Lam himself are engaging characters and we need to tap in to that. Things like fans forums, Q & A’s etc need to pushed. Mr Lenagan needs to start communicating more and we really need to push hard for season ticket sales. The fact that u8’s can now get a free season ticket should be huge. What young junior rugby player in this town shouldn’t have one of those? Mr Lenagan has put his money where his mouth is, so with some promotion and engagement activities, there’s no reason why there shouldn’t be a massive buzz around the place ahead of 2020.


Could not agree anymore.

Also throw in that you can pay monthly for your season ticket instead of a lump sum as well as the memberships and it makes it much more affordable. The issue is knowing about it. You have to get into the complicated ticketing website to find this out when it should be plastered all over billboards across the town, all over social media, posters at amateur clubs, radio adverts etc.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:22 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 19135
NickyKiss wrote:
There really needs to be a huge effort to engage the Wigan pubic ahead of next season and our marketing needs to get back to its levels of a few years back. The likes of Hastings, G Burgess and Lam himself are engaging characters and we need to tap in to that. Things like fans forums, Q & A’s etc need to pushed. Mr Lenagan needs to start communicating more and we really need to push hard for season ticket sales. The fact that u8’s can now get a free season ticket should be huge. What young junior rugby player in this town shouldn’t have one of those? Mr Lenagan has put his money where his mouth is, so with some promotion and engagement activities, there’s no reason why there shouldn’t be a massive buzz around the place ahead of 2020.


Season ticket application forms need to be sent to every coach (ages 5-8) for every amateur club in the area. Make a big push on it, send in a couple of senior players during the off season. Meet and greet in the clubhouses, photo opportunities and get kids signed up for their free season tickets.

That's four age groups (4 x 20 kids per club). That's before any of the parents sign up as well.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 am  

jinkin jimmy wrote:
jinkin jimmy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 3787
100% Warrior wrote:
I didn’t see the sense in either at the time and I still don’t now. We took games away from our core support, taking them on the road. We should be advertising effectively everyday in and around Wigan. There’s more than enough RL fans in Wigan to fill that stadia 3/4 times over.

Tickets are affordable in my opinion so we can’t blame that. It’s been poor marketing IMO. You only have to look the other end of the A49 in Warrington to see what effective marketing does for your crowds.

Edited.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 6611
jinkin jimmy wrote:
Edited.


Not going to argue. Season ticket affordability are subjective after all.
Re: Lam to stay on in 2020 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am  

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 4004
Location: Just about to go do some work!
jinkin jimmy wrote:
Edited.

I disagree JJ. They are definitely affordable. I'm not sure how much more affordable they could reasonably be expected to be, especially given the new rise of free tickets to cover up to age 8. Whether any given individual can afford them is an entirely different argument.

affordable
/əˈfɔːdəbəl/
adjective
inexpensive; reasonably priced.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Jukesays, Lenners, MadDogg, MattyB, sergeant pepper and 116 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,150,07981778,5664,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 10:50
NRL
SOUTHS
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Sat 8th May 14:30
CC2021
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Mon 17th May 19:45
SL
LEIGH
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 29th May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sun 2nd May
CH RND: 4 Newcastle16-28Batley
CH RND: 4 Whitehaven22-30Bradford
CH RND: 4 Widnes46-10Swinton
CH RND: 4 Dewsbury20-30York
NRL RND: 8 NZ Warriors24-20NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 8 St.George8-16Wests
WSL RND: 2 WiganW38-0BradfordW
WSL RND: 2 St.HelensW90-0Hudds W
WSL RND: 2 FeatherstoneW0-72LeedsW
WSL RND: 2 WakefieldW0-44CastlefordW
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield14-13Leeds
Sat 1st May
CH RND: 4 Oldham16-12Halifax
CH RND: 4 Sheffield20-20LondonB
NRL RND: 8 Penrith28-16Manly
NRL RND: 8 Canterbury10-32Parramatta
NRL RND: 8 Newcastle4-38Sydney
SL RND: 5 Warrington50-26Hull KR
Fri 30th Apr
NRL RND: 8 Melbourne40-14Cronulla
NRL RND: 8 Brisbane36-28Gold Coast
SL RND: 5 Wakefield18-38Catalans
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 8
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Penrith 8 212 60 152 16
Parramatta 8 229 106 123 14
Souths 8 235 124 111 14
Sydney 8 236 92 144 12
Melbourne 8 242 108 134 12
NZ Warriors 8 157 178 -21 8
 
St.George 8 161 157 4 8
Canberra 8 157 185 -28 6
Newcastle 8 137 204 -67 6
Gold Coast 8 182 191 -9 6
NQL Cowboys 8 146 237 -91 6
Manly 8 139 202 -63 6
Cronulla 8 152 178 -26 4
Brisbane 8 122 221 -99 4
Wests 8 130 226 -96 4
Canterbury 8 80 248 -168 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
St.Helens 5 128 34 94 10 376.47 100.00
Wigan 5 111 56 55 10 198.21 100.00
Castleford 5 131 78 53 8 167.95 80.00
Catalans 5 137 86 51 8 159.30 80.00
Hull FC 5 105 58 47 7 181.03 70.00
Warrington 5 144 81 63 7 177.78 70.00
 
Hull KR 5 105 134 -29 4 78.36 40.00
Huddersfield 5 68 98 -30 2 69.39 20.00
Leeds 5 63 99 -36 2 63.64 20.00
Salford 5 68 142 -74 2 47.89 20.00
Wakefield 5 66 154 -88 0 42.86 0.00
Leigh 5 66 172 -106 0 38.37 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 4
 PLDFADIFFPNTSDIFFWP%
Featherstone 3 112 38 74 6 294.74 100.00
Toulouse 3 89 40 49 6 222.50 100.00
Batley 4 142 70 72 6 202.86 75.00
Bradford 4 104 112 -8 6 92.86 75.00
Sheffield 4 106 70 36 5 151.43 62.50
York 4 114 77 37 4 148.05 50.00
 
Dewsbury 4 73 87 -14 4 83.91 50.00
Oldham 4 78 120 -42 4 65.00 50.00
Widnes 4 106 110 -4 3 96.36 37.50
Newcastle 4 90 103 -13 3 87.38 37.50
LondonB 4 74 115 -41 3 64.35 37.50
Halifax 4 119 101 18 2 117.82 25.00
Whitehaven 4 73 115 -42 2 63.48 25.00
Swinton 4 52 174 -122 0 29.89 0.00
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
 
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 2
 PLDFADIFFPNTS
St.HelensW 2 176 0 176 4
LeedsW 2 140 16 124 4
WiganW 2 90 8 82 4
CastlefordW 2 84 6 78 4
Hudds W 1 0 90 -90 0
WakefieldW 1 0 44 -44 0
 
FeatherstoneW 2 6 112 -106 0
Wire W 1 8 52 -44 0
YorkW 1 16 68 -52 0
BradfordW 2 0 124 -124 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X