WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 19 man squad for Hull K R Friday

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com 19 man squad for Hull K R Friday

Re: 19 man squad for Hull K R Friday
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:30 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:30 pm
Bigredwarrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 496
Rep Position: 35th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

FearTheVee wrote:
You will not miss TT. The rest you will - are they confirmed absentees? There is usually a long Wigan injury list in derby week, with SOL always on it then always playing!

Watched the highlights of your game at the weekend and good to see Liam Farrell seemingly hitting some form after a tough time with injuries.

Flower, Clubb, O’Loughlin, all definitely out. You might say we won’t miss Tautai and you’re probably right but he’d still have been in the squad, Hamlin as well but obviously neither are Wigan players anymore. Greenwood out indefinitely with recurring concussion injuries. The emergence of Smithies & Partington has been great to watch but they’re both still very young and raw so it’ll be good to see how they cope with your pack. Farrell is always been a consistent performer for us and yes, great to see him back.
Bigger picture for us is to put in a good performance and not get hammered. We can then move on and consolidate our position in the play offs. I’m sure we’ll be a handful when the times comes.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Posted by Egg Chasing on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Egg Chasing Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 66
Rep Position: 231st / 77,819

FearTheVee wrote:
An intriguing game in prospect this weekend. Big change in mindset amongst your fans on this board and clearly some better form.

My gut feel is that you've had a pretty kind fixture list, with the upturn in form coinciding with that before what was obviously a commanding performance against HKR but it could by my saints-specs again!

Will be very interesting to see how the form holds up on Friday - I worry that derbies are about who wants it more and Wigan are more desperate for the points, but then I thought that about going to Hull at the weekend TBH.

I agree 100% and don't expect anything other than a defeat on Friday. My point was that everyone believes that Smith has transformed Hull of late whilst we are still fighting relegation according to some people.
Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:11 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:11 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 734
Rep Position: 13th / 77,819

Aye, get out of Friday night with a competitive performance, some more experience for a couple of youngsters and no more injuries and I think we can feel like it’s job done. We’re decimated in the front row and we’re playing against a team with an international class front row, so I don’t think we can be unrealistic.

Let’s rattle a few cages and leave us going in to the rest of the season with confidence that we could make a go of the play offs with 4 or 5 forwards back on board.
Previous