WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The prop problem
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 am
Posted by tugglesf78 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 am
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 64
Rep Position: 234th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm
Posts: 3904
Location: The Barton Arms
Pieman wrote:
. Skerrett was a grub also......


Woah!!!

Wash your mouth out!!

Big Kelvin was not a grub. He was an artist! :lol:

Besides. There were no ‘grubs’ back in the good old days. Grubs only exist today because any poohouse players that like niggle, know the chances of retribution are slim.

Back then. If you dished it out you you did in the full knowledge that someone might banjo you straight back in return.

Games gone so soft in comparison. Makes me sad.
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".


Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:


MattyB wrote:
you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.




Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am
Posted by Kernel on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 am
Kernel User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 271st / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:59 pm
Posts: 4757
Location: Reading
fleabag wrote:
Brian McTigue was a centre at first .

As was Ruben Wiki, IIRC. I recall a video of him obliterating Adrian Lam in his NRL days when Wiki was still in the backline.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." Napoleon
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 am
Posted by Father Ted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 am
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 136
Rep Position: 169th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7652
Perhaps when Hamlin's wages are eventually off the salary cap we could bring a prop in for the rest of the season.
Clark at Cas seems to be on the outer there so he would be the obvious one.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Posted by Pieman on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 213
Rep Position: 120th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3071
Location: Atherton
tugglesf78 wrote:
Woah!!!

Wash your mouth out!!

Big Kelvin was not a grub. He was an artist! :lol:

Besides. There were no ‘grubs’ back in the good old days. Grubs only exist today because any poohouse players that like niggle, know the chances of retribution are slim.

Back then. If you dished it out you you did in the full knowledge that someone might banjo you straight back in return.

Games gone so soft in comparison. Makes me sad.


exactly pal
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:24 pm
Posted by wigginswarrior on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:24 pm
wigginswarrior User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 263rd / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm
Posts: 343
Location: Wigan
Father Ted wrote:
Perhaps when Hamlin's wages are eventually off the salary cap we could bring a prop in for the rest of the season.
Clark at Cas seems to be on the outer there so he would be the obvious one.

Pay attention at the back there!
We've already signed Mitch Clark for next season, possibly even before.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:04 pm
Posted by jonh on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:04 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 225
Rep Position: 111th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17032
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Bring back Neil Baynes!
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Posted by Father Ted on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 136
Rep Position: 169th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7652
I do know we've signed Clark, for 2020 according to the club statement.
Hence my post about him being the obvious one to come earlier if salary space became available.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 734
Rep Position: 13th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23155
Location: WIGAN
Father Ted wrote:
I do know we've signed Clark, for 2020 according to the club statement.
Hence my post about him being the obvious one to come earlier if salary space became available.


It seems strange to release Ganson, Forsyth, Joe Brown and now Paisley mid season without a plan behind it. A new addition in the front row would be very welcome and surely possible. Maybe it simply is to save a few quid and let lads leaving at the season end regardless to get fixed up early.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 79
Rep Position: 219th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 754
NickyKiss wrote:
It seems strange to release Ganson, Forsyth, Joe Brown and now Paisley mid season without a plan behind it. A new addition in the front row would be very welcome and surely possible. Maybe it simply is to save a few quid and let lads leaving at the season end regardless to get fixed up early.


If Tautai rumour (him leaving immediately) is true, as well as Hamlin surely being released once the investigation into his alleged drug taking has finished then we must have some room on the cap at that point.
Re: The prop problem
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm
Posted by KingRoss11 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 191
Rep Position: 128th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Out and about in Wigan
We really should be trying for Clark early considering the mess we’re in props wise, we ideally could do with another prop as well, don’t know who’s available the current moment but I’m sure they’ll be a decent player in the NRL on the outer
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Darwen Warrior, dr_feelgood, tedglen and 89 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,956,06982077,8194,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28