Lost all agression
Post Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 am
Posted by chip on Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 am
chip Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 239th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

No bottle in this team currently little example sam moa on Saturday didn't half put his self about. Why is there no player saying to his self I'm having him next we've gone soft. Why on earth was wayney aloud to leave he bleeds wigan and it showed in his players aggression if you hit and run harder than the team your playing ultimately I think you win the game. What ever manager comes next has a big job on his hands!!!
Re: Lost all agression
Post Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am
Posted by CobraCraig on Mon May 20, 2019 7:58 am
CobraCraig Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 122nd / 77,648

chip wrote:
No bottle in this team currently little example sam moa on Saturday didn't half put his self about. Why is there no player saying to his self I'm having him next we've gone soft. Why on earth was wayney aloud to leave he bleeds wigan and it showed in his players aggression if you hit and run harder than the team your playing ultimately I think you win the game. What ever manager comes next has a big job on his hands!!!

You can’t stop someone leaving and the consensus on here was that it was a good move for all parties (not mine). Supposedly the main reason he moved was that he thought the quality in the squad was dropping and he wasn’t given the right replacements. So really he wasn’t confident himself of achieving with this current squad and although I do think we would be higher up the league with him in charge I doubt any manager could have us competing with Saints and Warrington this year. I think we should stick out the season with Lam but if there isn’t a massive upturn in performances/results we should replace him and my top choice would be Wane.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Mon May 20, 2019 8:29 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 366
Rep Position: 28th / 77,648

chip wrote:

I was at the game and I thought Ben Flower was excellent in a poor performing team on Saturday. I watched it back last night and even Barrie McDermott commented that the battle between him and Moa was excellent but that Flower was on top. I agreed with his assessment.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am
Posted by CobraCraig on Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am
CobraCraig Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 122nd / 77,648

Bigredwarrior wrote:
I was at the game and I thought Ben Flower was excellent in a poor performing team on Saturday. I watched it back last night and even Barrie McDermott commented that the battle between him and Moa was excellent but that Flower was on top. I agreed with his assessment.

Flower punches above his weight and has had a pretty good season and I think Bullock has made a promising start and should improve a lot over the next couple of years but imo these shouldn’t be our number 1 and 2 props, not if we want to challenge for trophies anyway.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 am
Posted by hengirl on Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 am
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 133
Rep Position: 117th / 77,648

CobraCraig wrote:
Flower punches above his weight and has had a pretty good season and I think Bullock has made a promising start and should improve a lot over the next couple of years but imo these shouldn’t be our number 1 and 2 props, not if we want to challenge for trophies anyway.

Bullock is doing ok but nothing special for me,that’s not to say he won’t come through but he’s still a little rough round the edges but he needs help,Flower is having an outstanding season though I agree there without him Wigan would be a sorry mess
Post Mon May 20, 2019 8:07 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon May 20, 2019 8:07 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 292
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,648

Flower is actually a cracking prop. Hes not a huge metre gainer but what he does is usually very high quality and solid. Ive no problem with him as a starting prop but he needs a Skerrett type wrecking ball next to him.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Cheeky half-back

chip wrote:

Remember when i suggested bringing Skerrett in as a forwards coach to put some aggression into them? I was laughed off the board. I could see that Lam didnt have the aggressive streak in him to prepare the forwards for battle
Post Mon May 20, 2019 9:11 pm
Posted by exiled Warrior on Mon May 20, 2019 9:11 pm
exiled Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 195th / 77,648

The_Enforcer wrote:
Remember when i suggested bringing Skerrett in as a forwards coach to put some aggression into them? I was laughed off the board. I could see that Lam didnt have the aggressive streak in him to prepare the forwards for battle

Probably because you were suggesting someone who has been out of the game for a very long time, suggest a forwards coach with recent experience and it might be a better idea. I would say though we need someone to teach the basics not pure aggression - although you do wonder if you can make a silk purse out a sows ear - most of our props are not really good enough with any amount of coaching.
Post Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 am
Posted by The_Enforcer on Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 am
Cheeky half-back

exiled Warrior wrote:
Probably because you were suggesting someone who has been out of the game for a very long time

Not nearly as long as Edwards.
Post Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 am
Posted by exiled Warrior on Tue May 21, 2019 8:13 am
exiled Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 195th / 77,648

The_Enforcer wrote:
Not nearly as long as Edwards.

..and for that reason I was always against him being our next coach as well (even though he has been working in a lesser code of rugby in the time he has been out of RL) :)