FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Things were obviously starting to go too well...
Azul 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain552No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 17:473rd Apr 24 14:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
I imagine from that comment he or she puts it up their snout also??

I beg your pardon?
I’m proud to say I’ve never even touched a cigarette in my life never mind something like coccaine.
Why would having an opinion on it suggest someone has used it? Strange...
RankPostsTeam
International Star2481
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 31 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 14:2830th Mar 24 19:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MattyB wrote:
Spot on. Bars/Clubs these days in the gents the queues for the cubicles are longer than the ones for the urinals (unheard of back in the 90's/early 00's)....you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.

I've been to the last four Ladies Day at Aintree and it's absolutely rife, I was shocked a few years ago. Openly doing beak, no hiding in corners...gangs of lads, suited and booted, 2pm in the afternoon just tooting up off their finger & thumbs in front of their mates every few minutes as if they were swigging a drink of beer.

Spotted you, lovely little tantalizer you were wearing. :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
International Star2481
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 31 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 14:2830th Mar 24 19:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Cruncher wrote:
Personally, I think they're just being idiots.

I don't mean that exonerates them from blame, though.

Certainly, their actions are bringing embarrassment to the club, and great joy to the club's enemies. In addition, it leaves us in ethical messes, because what are we supposed to do: stand by them while they serve their bans, wasting money and salary cap space - when, as in the case of Hock, they might then go and throw it all in our face again? Or do what Cas did with Hardaker, and get rid straight away, and then maybe end up regretting it?

I doubt it was their intention to humiliate us this way, but the stupidity factor is very high - because anyone with half a brain would recognise that this outcome is always easily possible.

But we didn't did we? he continued to do it so blatantly whilst he was suspended it was impossible for the club to ignore it.
Maybe he wanted to be sacked. :(
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 22 08:4321st Apr 22 22:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

newgroundb4wakey wrote:
But we didn't did we? he continued to do it so blatantly whilst he was suspended it was impossible for the club to ignore it.
Maybe he wanted to be sacked. :(

Cas offered Hardaker contract fairly early on during his ban, but it was soon withdrawn when we found out what he was doing (through the company who were employing him to clean bogs).
Steve Gill was pretty clear - Hardaker’s “lack of change” meant Cas didn’t want him back. He was proved right with the drink driving incident and Zak’s time in rehab.
Now if he’d come back as good as he was in 2017, it might have been a different story. But he spent his ban developing an addiction so he’s not a patch on the player who left the game in 2017. Anyone who expected him to return as the same player he was is naive in the extreme.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 28 200320 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 07:3023rd Feb 24 23:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Stalker!!!
RankPostsTeam
International Star2795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 23 17:244th Nov 23 09:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Cas offered Hardaker contract fairly early on during his ban, but it was soon withdrawn when we found out what he was doing (through the company who were employing him to clean bogs).
Steve Gill was pretty clear - Hardaker’s “lack of change” meant Cas didn’t want him back. He was proved right with the drink driving incident and Zak’s time in rehab.
Now if he’d come back as good as he was in 2017, it might have been a different story. But he spent his ban developing an addiction so he’s not a patch on the player who left the game in 2017. Anyone who expected him to return as the same player he was is naive in the extreme.

What a load of rubbish!! If Cas (or Leeds) had recognised his addiction issues and took proper steps to help him address them, perhaps the drink driving would never have happened? We’ll never know. Whilst he is entirely responsible for his poor behaviour, what we do know is that the investigation into his drug use uncovered serious PTSD issues from something that happened in his youth. Wigan went the extra mile with him and his residential rehab has hopefully helped him deal with his issues properly and for good. Time will tell.
The truth is a player of ZH quality will always be snapped up after a ban because of their immense talent. He’s played 8 games and getting better every week and whilst he might not have hit the form he achieved in 2017, he’s certainly on the right track.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Bigredwarrior wrote:
What a load of rubbish!! If Cas (or Leeds) had recognised his addiction issues and took proper steps to help him address them, perhaps the drink driving would never have happened? We’ll never know. Whilst he is entirely responsible for his poor behaviour, what we do know is that the investigation into his drug use uncovered serious PTSD issues from something that happened in his youth. Wigan went the extra mile with him and his residential rehab has hopefully helped him deal with his issues properly and for good. Time will tell.
The truth is a player of ZH quality will always be snapped up after a ban because of their immense talent. He’s played 8 games and getting better every week and whilst he might not have hit the form he achieved in 2017, he’s certainly on the right track.

Leeds did and put plenty of support in place for him. But you can only help someone who wants to be helped. In the end, they had enough and got rid.
He wasn’t actually a Castleford player when he spiralled out of control, so there wasn’t a great deal the club could do. When he was first suspended and the club terminated his contract, they found him employment but again, you can only help someone who wants to be helped. At that time he didn’t and he ended up with the drink driving incident. I hope that has given him the kick up the backside he needed and that the rehab has turned his life around.
The PTSD you mentions isn’t accurate either, and the incident you refer to isn’t something that happened in his youth but during his last season at Leeds. It’s not appropriate to make public on a forum though.
Blaming othr clubs for Hardaker’s troubles I’m afraid is well wide of the mark. Players are responsible for their own conduct, particularly when they don’t even have a club. I’m afraid Cas can’t be held responsible for the fact Zak developed addictions when he wasn’t even part of the club.
To be honest, in Wigan’s shoes I’d be more concerned about his attitude after the game - joking and laughing immediately after a defeat in those circumstances is indicative of someone who doesn’t gave a monkey’s chuff about how the team do.
hatty 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3717
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200321 yearsth
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Apr 24 18:189th Apr 24 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
1998,2010,2013,2016,2018 & 2023.....I was there
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Leeds did and put plenty of support in place for him. But you can only help someone who wants to be helped. In the end, they had enough and got rid.
He wasn’t actually a Castleford player when he spiralled out of control, so there wasn’t a great deal the club could do. When he was first suspended and the club terminated his contract, they found him employment but again, you can only help someone who wants to be helped. At that time he didn’t and he ended up with the drink driving incident. I hope that has given him the kick up the backside he needed and that the rehab has turned his life around.
The PTSD you mentions isn’t accurate either, and the incident you refer to isn’t something that happened in his youth but during his last season at Leeds. It’s not appropriate to make public on a forum though.
Blaming othr clubs for Hardaker’s troubles I’m afraid is well wide of the mark. Players are responsible for their own conduct, particularly when they don’t even have a club. I’m afraid Cas can’t be held responsible for the fact Zak developed addictions when he wasn’t even part of the club.
To be honest, in Wigan’s shoes I’d be more concerned about his attitude after the game - joking and laughing immediately after a defeat in those circumstances is indicative of someone who doesn’t gave a monkey’s chuff about how the team do.

What did you expect him to do, Cry like a baby and throw the toys out of the pram? Maybe that’s what you wanted him to do, but the good thing for Zak is that he rose above it, rather annoyingly for Cas fans.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

hatty wrote:
What did you expect him to do, Cry like a baby and throw the toys out of the pram? Maybe that’s what you wanted him to do, but the good thing for Zak is that he rose above it, rather annoyingly for Cas fans.

Well usually, you’d get some kind of serious interview about how disappointed they all are to lose and that they’ll work hard in training to put things right etc etc etc.
Zak didn’t seem to care about the result - in fact he seemed to find it funny the team had thrown away a massive lead.
Azul 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain552No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 20177 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 17:473rd Apr 24 14:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Well usually, you’d get some kind of serious interview about how disappointed they all are to lose and that they’ll work hard in training to put things right etc etc etc.
Zak didn’t seem to care about the result - in fact he seemed to find it funny the team had thrown away a massive lead.

I’d say he was embarrassed.
To be frank I thought it was refreshing from the usual post match sh*te most players give about being disappointed and working hard in training, in a thick, rough, scruffy, northern accent.
PreviousNext