WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lam needs to go FAST
Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 120
Rep Position: 131st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7011
Location: The Mighty Wigan
The club have clearly made a huge mistake appointing Adrian. Physically inferior, technically inept, tactically woeful. Completely out of his depth.

Its exactly like 2006 - we pulled the trigger just in time then. The league has more depth now, if we don't act quickly we'll be in big trouble.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1291
Rep Position: 1st / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 12885
I feel for Lam.... he's on a hiding for nothing. Lenegan has levelled off the cream and left Lam with skimmed milk.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 487
Rep Position: 17th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22771
Location: WIGAN
His body language and his pre and post match words are very very poor but he has been put in an impossible position by those above. We’ll give you a job for 12 months only after a very popular figure has walked out the door and we’ll also let our two best players leave and even though we’ve needed a quality scrum half for years, we’ll nip in and sign you one in front of Workington.

A mess.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:09 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:09 pm
WARRIOR5 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 67
Rep Position: 179th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 266
NickyKiss wrote:
His body language and his pre and post match words are very very poor but he has been put in an impossible position by those above. We’ll give you a job for 12 months only after a very popular figure has walked out the door and we’ll also let our two best players leave and even though we’ve needed a quality scrum half for years, we’ll nip in and sign you one in front of Workington.

A mess.


To be fair, we did go for Hastings and Lam first. Wonder how different things could have been if we had managed to get Hastings.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 487
Rep Position: 17th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22771
Location: WIGAN
WARRIOR5 wrote:
To be fair, we did go for Hastings and Lam first. Wonder how different things could have been if we had managed to get Hastings.


We went for Hastings In October and Lam in December.

We knew we’d signed Hardaker (a runner) and lost Tomkins (our only kicker and organiser) in April/May.

Wire needed a replacement for Roberts part way through the year and had Austin sorted quick sharp. They also knew Brown wasn’t good enough and got Gareth Widdop sorted 14 months in advance of 2020.

It’s not good enough. Lenagan is a legend but even legends have their time come and go and unless he’s got bold plans up his sleeve, I really hope he’s looking for new investment/new owners.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm
WARRIOR5 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 67
Rep Position: 179th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 266
NickyKiss wrote:
We went for Hastings In October and Lam in December.

We knew we’d signed Hardaker (a runner) and lost Tomkins (our only kicker and organiser) in April/May.

Wire needed a replacement for Roberts part way through the year and had Austin sorted quick sharp. They also knew Brown wasn’t good enough and got Gareth Widdop sorted 14 months in advance of 2020.

It’s not good enough. Lenagan is a legend but even legends have their time come and go and unless he’s got bold plans up his sleeve, I really hope he’s looking for new investment/new owners.


Agree to an extent, but the club went for Hastings as soon as they could. Hastings wouldn’t have started negotiations before the end of the season out of respect for Salford

If you hope he’s looking for investment then you can’t criticise the lack of recruitment. As if he’s going to sell he needs to balance the books to actually get some form of decent offer. Otherwise he/we will have our pants pulled down if he sells a club making 600-800,000 losses.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 pm
Posted by The_Enforcer on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:32 pm
The_Enforcer Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 288
Rep Position: 46th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 673
Its not Lam, the blame lies with Lenegan for trying to be clever and actually just creating a complicated mess where nobody knows where they stand. The Wigan players LOVED Wane, he was like a father figure to many of them and his replacement had to be spot on. I think what we are seeing is not so much the lack of ability of Lam as a coach but a team that was so attached to Wane that they now are finding it hard to play for a new coach, especially an inexperienced one like Lam.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 487
Rep Position: 17th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22771
Location: WIGAN
WARRIOR5 wrote:
Agree to an extent, but the club went for Hastings as soon as they could. Hastings wouldn’t have started negotiations before the end of the season out of respect for Salford

If you hope he’s looking for investment then you can’t criticise the lack of recruitment. As if he’s going to sell he needs to balance the books to actually get some form of decent offer. Otherwise he/we will have our pants pulled down if he sells a club making 600-800,000 losses.


Why weren’t we looking around the market before Hastings though? If we were it was done very much on the quiet. We’re a ‘make do’ club with signings nowadays. We react to circumstances such as drugs bans, players being binned off in Australia and players from the championship rather then having a scouting team which targets players they believe will improve us.

We know that leaders like Tommy and Lockers are reaching the end of the line, so you want to pass that baton down to the next in line but we’ve sold them/lost them/will lose them in the not too distant future. If Saints can keep Walmsley, Lomax, Makinson and Roby why can’t we even manage to keep Ryan Sutton?! We couldn’t keep Tomkins, Bateman and many more and we won’t keep Williams.

I like to think of myself as a reasonably sensible supporter but it’s wearing thin tbh.
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm
Posted by CyberPieMan on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:41 pm
CyberPieMan User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 220th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:35 pm
Posts: 928
Lam is most definately out of his depth. Who actuallly said he was any good in the first place, anyway?
My biggest worry at the moment is: where are we going to get the next points? Not in the 3 weeks at least.
Everything is Awesome
Re: Lam needs to go FAST
Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:44 pm
Posted by Mash Butty on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:44 pm
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 123
Rep Position: 128th / 77,614

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: PIE IN THE SKY DISH
OMG I can see Denis Betts coming....
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arthur Warrior, Bigredwarrior, billys pineapple, Bing [Bot], Brick with eyes, ChrisA, CobraCraig, HOOF HEARTED, Itchy Arsenal, jonh, JWarriors, Longbarn Wire, Moe syslak, NickyKiss, Pieman, RichieS, Rogues Gallery, ShortArse, tank123, TonyM19, WARRIOR5, x43sflyer and 284 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com

cron

POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,895,7901,96377,6144,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANTERBURY
6-28
MELBOURNE STORM
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
ST.GEORGE
9-22
CRONULLA
TODAY 13:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
HULL KR
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
COVENTRY BEARS
v
CRUSADERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
DONCASTER
v
WEST WALES
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
NEWCASTLE
v
HUNSLET
TODAY 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
ROCHDALE
TODAY 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
YORK
TODAY 15:30
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
TODAY 18:00
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 14th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28