WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Nice one Dom
Re: Nice one Dom
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:01 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 246
Rep Position: 104th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1881
The Biffs Back wrote:
Great to see Manfredi back after his horrendous couple of years out
He's a fantastic talent and was probably the best winger in SL prior to his injury

As a neutral Manfredi and Tom Johnstone are 2 sensational wingers who I love to see play,I hope they both play for England this year v the Kiwis


As much as I agree with your comment I dont want Manfredi anywhere near. Let him build this year have a full pre season then he will certainly grab a shirt in my opinion such is his talent
Re: Nice one Dom
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am
Posted by Cherry_&_White on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am
Cherry_&_White User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 61
Rep Position: 240th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:57 am
Posts: 204
thepimp007 wrote:
As much as I agree with your comment I dont want Manfredi anywhere near. Let him build this year have a full pre season then he will certainly grab a shirt in my opinion such is his talent


Thing that really shocked me was learning how young he still is. 2 years out, and still only 24!

Agree that with a good pre-season and (big if) his major injuries are behind him, he could easily be an England starter for years to come.
Re: Nice one Dom
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am
Posted by 100% Warrior on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:34 am
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 319
Rep Position: 76th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5288
I do hope Escare gets a chance under Lam, I like the lad and his energy. He’s nowhere near the perfect player and he is, quite rightly below Tomkins and even Hardaker in the pecking order. That being said I agree with NickyKiss in that he’s under-utilised and in the same breath probably under appreciated. He’s a handy lad to have around and doesn’t deserve to be sat twiddling his thumbs moidering Steve McCormack every 5minuted to get the message to SW to get him on. What I found striking was that he was brought on when the game was essentially wrapped up, that says a lot in how much SW trusts him, in which case why is he even on the bench?

Re Manfredi for England - an absolute NO for me for this season. He is England quality no doubt about it but he needs a full pre season and season for Wigan before England should even be considered or mentioned. Let’s not forget he’s still only 24, plenty of time for international honours ahead but for now he needs to get his head down for us, which I’m in no doubt he will.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: Nice one Dom
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm
Posted by MattyB on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 227
Rep Position: 112th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18468
100% Warrior wrote:
What I found striking was that he was brought on when the game was essentially wrapped up, that says a lot in how much SW trusts him, in which case why is he even on the bench?


It was Escare that made the half break and pass to Gildart (for Manfredi's first) when it was 8-6 to us with ten minutes to go? Okay not many minutes but the game was nowhere near wrapped up. I see it that he sent him on late to make something happen in attack against a tiring Wire opposition. It worked.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Nice one Dom
Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:50 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 319
Rep Position: 76th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5288
MattyB wrote:
It was Escare that made the half break and pass to Gildart (for Manfredi's first) when it was 8-6 to us with ten minutes to go? Okay not many minutes but the game was nowhere near wrapped up. I see it that he sent him on late to make something happen in attack against a tiring Wire opposition. It worked.


Forgive me, you’re right. I’ll take back the “wrapped up” part but the rest of my point still stands.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cbr1000rr, CyberPieMan, endoman, JIMMY MAGNETS, NickyKiss, sergeant pepper, tank123 and 166 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,0951,90277,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28