WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Boss
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 269
Rep Position: 68th / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5043
King Johns II wrote:
Is my prediction of Lam 2019 / Edwards 2020 still complete nonsense?


I’d be amazed if it was - and that’s not saying I think you’re wrong. I’d genuinely be amazed, baffled even.

I don’t get what a “holding” coach would add or benefit to either the club or the players. If Edwards isn’t for 2019 we should move on, and it pains me to say it as I do want him as our Head Coach. Clearly the RUWC means more to him, that’s not having a pop at him either. He’s worked phenomenally hard with Wales RU and deserves to go but we want and need him for 2019. The timing isn’t right and it happens, I’m sure the job would come up again in a few years time when he could apply again and this time get the job.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm
Posted by WiganBurt on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm
WiganBurt User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 232nd / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am
Posts: 280
i'm beginning to think if it is Lam for 2019 and edwards for 2020, well what a waste of time for lam it will be. barely be settled in and will be ousted after one season no matter his achievement in that time, if any.
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 269
Rep Position: 68th / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5043
WiganBurt wrote:
i'm beginning to think if it is Lam for 2019 and edwards for 2020, well what a waste of time for lam it will be. barely be settled in and will be ousted after one season no matter his achievement in that time, if any.


He’d probably slot back in to a #2 role but I can’t see how he’d be up for that. Taking the reigns at a club like Wigan is huge and to be dropped back in to #2 would be gutting.

Let’s say the club do go down that route; what if Lam is an overwhelming success in his first season? Would we really drop him and go with Edwards? What if Edwards is then an overwhelming disaster?

I know it’s all hypothetical what ifs but they are very real possibilities that aren’t far from the realms of reality.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 560
Rep Position: 16th / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22897
Location: WIGAN
It’ll be a really strange move if it is that IMO. If we go great under Lam then we’ll look stupid moving him on and if things don’t go so well then it’ll be blamed on the shadow of Shaun Edwards lingering over him.

Whoever we get needs to be a longer term appointment for me.
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm
Posted by WiganBurt on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm
WiganBurt User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 232nd / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am
Posts: 280
100% Warrior wrote:
He’d probably slot back in to a #2 role but I can’t see how he’d be up for that. Taking the reigns at a club like Wigan is huge and to be dropped back in to #2 would be gutting.

Let’s say the club do go down that route; what if Lam is an overwhelming success in his first season? Would we really drop him and go with Edwards? What if Edwards is then an overwhelming disaster?

I know it’s all hypothetical what ifs but they are very real possibilities that aren’t far from the realms of reality.


exactly this. all of this. read twice. multiplied by 90.
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm
Posted by WiganBurt on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:16 pm
WiganBurt User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 232nd / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am
Posts: 280
NickyKiss wrote:
It’ll be a really strange move if it is that IMO. If we go great under Lam then we’ll look stupid moving him on and if things don’t go so well then it’ll be blamed on the shadow of Shaun Edwards lingering over him.

Whoever we get needs to be a longer term appointment for me.


see previous response!!
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm
Posted by Edinburgh Warrior on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm
Edinburgh Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 238th / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am
Posts: 1015
Location: Don't need to count days off now . Retirement is a wonderful thing
Clue on social media . Comentary of someone scoring 250 try for Wigan
Regards , EW
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 pm
Posted by Ziggy Stardust on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 pm
Ziggy Stardust User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 83
Rep Position: 183rd / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 3002
Location: Serpo
Edinburgh Warrior wrote:
Clue on social media . Comentary of someone scoring 250 try for Wigan


https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL/status/1027222996560297985
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 pm
Posted by Suzy Banyon on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 pm
Suzy Banyon User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Tamm Tanz Akademie
Unsure what to make of having a head coach for a year. Can't see discipline being too tight.
roger daly wrote:
Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.

Big lads mate wrote:
you arrogant pot prick

Tricky2309 wrote:
Look prick do one

Willzay wrote:
you cocky pie eating c*nt.
Re: New Boss
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 pm
Posted by 100% Warrior on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 pm
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 269
Rep Position: 68th / 77,662

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 5043
Suzy Banyon wrote:
Unsure what to make of having a head coach for a year. Can't see discipline being too tight.


Get where you’re coming from but I’m sure SE would be having words with the squad in pre season and you’ve also got to remember these are professional players playing for their livelihoods at one of the biggest RL clubs in the land and the world with a chance to play under an all time great of both codes. Those chances don’t come along all the time. I’d imagine each player would be gunning to impress next season.
RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], warrior1872 and 105 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,912,2841,05477,6624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:30
1895
LEIGH
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 19:30
1895
DONCASTER
v
SHEFFIELD
TODAY 19:30
1895
YORK
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TODAY 20:00
1895
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Fri 28th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SALFORD
Fri 5th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 18th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 3rd Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 16th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CASTLEFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






28