WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Strongest 17

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Strongest 17

Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:37 am  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31390
NSW wrote:
Escare
Davies
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess - think he’ll have a better year looking injured throughout last year
Williams - hopefully pre contract extension form
Tomkins
FPN - hopefully end of 2016 form
Tommy
Flower
Farrell
Bateman
O’Loughlin

Tautai - hopefully pre contract extension form
McIlorum
Clubb
ISA

JTomkins
Powell
Hamlin
Marshall
Sutton
Etc


That squad should be good enough to compete on all fronts, minus McIlorum, but add Ganson, Bretherton, Wells etc.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 am  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6147
Location: Wigan
NSW wrote:
Escare
Davies
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess - think he’ll have a better year looking injured throughout last year
Williams - hopefully pre contract extension form
Tomkins
FPN - hopefully end of 2016 form
Tommy
Flower
Farrell
Bateman
O’Loughlin

Tautai - hopefully pre contract extension form
McIlorum
Clubb
ISA

JTomkins
Powell
Hamlin
Marshall
Sutton
Etc


If we are looking at squad depth then we really do have a lot of depth.

Add to the above and the depth of the squad is huge. All with the exception of Partington have played 1st team in the past 12 months.

Macaully Davies
Liam Forsyth
James Worthington
Jack Higginson
Joe Bretherton
Jake Shorrocks
Josh Woods
Josh Ganson
Callum Field
Oli PARTINGTON
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 am  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6147
Location: Wigan
NSW wrote:
Escare
Davies
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess - think he’ll have a better year looking injured throughout last year
Williams - hopefully pre contract extension form
Tomkins
FPN - hopefully end of 2016 form
Tommy
Flower
Farrell
Bateman
O’Loughlin

Tautai - hopefully pre contract extension form
McIlorum
Clubb
ISA

JTomkins
Powell
Hamlin
Marshall
Sutton
Etc


Add to that

Davies
Forsyth
Worthington
Higginson
Woods
Shorrocks
Ganson
Field
Partington

then we really do have a big squad. All of the above with the exception of Partington have played 1st team in the past 12 months.
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:36 pm  

User avatarThat Mon wrote:
That Mon User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 242
1. Escare
2.Manfriedi ... still think if fit first choice?
3. Sarge ... imagine Gells has gone.
4. Gildart
5. Budge
6.Williams
7.Sam T
8. Clubb
9.Powel/Tommy... I would only play one, even if Macs gone?
10. Flower
11. Faz
12.Batty
13.Lockers
14. Joel T
15. Fpn ... I thought when he and T came off the bench together they give us impact and can change a game having Sutton and Joel also gives us options of mixing up with rotation.
16.T
17. Sutton
18. Powel/ Tommy ... I imagine they will find game time at 9 or through injurys for me if Powel plays hes got to do 80 how we go in the halves also.
19. Davies will start the season and I hope that uoward curve continues
20. Isa thought he played well last season will find a place most weeks
21.Hamlin bit of a unknown but I have a feeling he will go well
22.. Marshall can he kick on great natural finisher?
23. Wells looks like he will feature more and more future 13and captain?
24. Naverrette not 100% this guys coming back?
25. Ganson will this be the season we get our future 9?
26. Forsyth I didnt think he did anything wrong can he make it.
27. Shorrocks again can he kick on after all tge injuries.
28. Bretherton needs to improve
29 Higgy . Read shorrocks.

Still think we are a quality prop short but squad wise a prop heavy. I would have liked another backrower though Hamlin or Wells may be the answer long term. Looking at pre season FPN looks to be putting In the hard work, if he wants a move back to NRL he may go well. I think we are wing heavy and centre light. If we had brought Sarge in on the back of Gels or another centre then his signing woukd be great squad wise.
Questions for me, can our style change alowing forwards to take controle
Of games. If they do can a half back pairing of Williams Tomkins (if they are)
controle big games, with Powel at 9 and Escare at 1. Again we are looking at
Lockers to glue this together.
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 pm  

User avatarAshton Bears wrote:
Ashton Bears User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 1226
Location: Around the three Sisters
NSW wrote:
Escare
Davies
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess - think he’ll have a better year looking injured throughout last year
Williams - hopefully pre contract extension form
Tomkins
FPN - hopefully end of 2016 form
Tommy
Flower
Farrell
Bateman
O’Loughlin

Tautai - hopefully pre contract extension form
McIlorum
Clubb
ISA

JTomkins
Powell
Hamlin
Marshall
Sutton
Etc


Thought McIlorum was going to Catalans.
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 pm  

User avatarTricky Dicky wrote:
Tricky Dicky User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6147
Location: Wigan
That Mon wrote:
1. Escare
2.Manfriedi ... still think if fit first choice?
3. Sarge ... imagine Gells has gone.
4. Gildart
5. Budge
6.Williams
7.Sam T
8. Clubb
9.Powel/Tommy... I would only play one, even if Macs gone?
10. Flower
11. Faz
12.Batty
13.Lockers
14. Joel T
15. Fpn ... I thought when he and T came off the bench together they give us impact and can change a game having Sutton and Joel also gives us options of mixing up with rotation.
16.T
17. Sutton
18. Powel/ Tommy ... I imagine they will find game time at 9 or through injurys for me if Powel plays hes got to do 80 how we go in the halves also.
19. Davies will start the season and I hope that uoward curve continues
20. Isa thought he played well last season will find a place most weeks
21.Hamlin bit of a unknown but I have a feeling he will go well
22.. Marshall can he kick on great natural finisher?
23. Wells looks like he will feature more and more future 13and captain?
24. Naverrette not 100% this guys coming back?
25. Ganson will this be the season we get our future 9?
26. Forsyth I didnt think he did anything wrong can he make it.
27. Shorrocks again can he kick on after all tge injuries.
28. Bretherton needs to improve
29 Higgy . Read shorrocks.

Still think we are a quality prop short but squad wise a prop heavy. I would have liked another backrower though Hamlin or Wells may be the answer long term. Looking at pre season FPN looks to be putting In the hard work, if he wants a move back to NRL he may go well. I think we are wing heavy and centre light. If we had brought Sarge in on the back of Gels or another centre then his signing woukd be great squad wise.
Questions for me, can our style change alowing forwards to take controle
Of games. If they do can a half back pairing of Williams Tomkins (if they are)
controle big games, with Powel at 9 and Escare at 1. Again we are looking at
Lockers to glue this together.


You have missed Macaulay Davies who is the only natural back rower we have coming through. At almost 21 and having spent a season on loan at workington he is ready to kick on to the next level and really push for a spot in the side.
Re: Strongest 17 Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 pm  

User avatarThat Mon wrote:
That Mon User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 242
Your right I did miss him ... On reflectionI would still rather go into tge seaaon with a bit better ballence having said that I imagine the back row places will be covered by Lockers,Faz Batty, then Joel, Isa, Wells, Hamlin and even Sotton, FPN and Flower who have played 13 . This 8s 0robably season he needs to kick on.
Re: Strongest 17 Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm  

User avatarlothlorian wrote:
lothlorian User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Posts: 1549
Location: eating pies wearing cherry and white
The main question for me is the half back/hooker combo. Id certainly be more confident with Sam in the Halves than Escare and really like the idea of Tommy at 9(if rumour is to be believed and MM has gone). I do fear that there will be little change as Wane is a creature of habit. However if I was selecting the 17 id go :-

Escare
Budgy
Gildart
Sarge
Davis
George
Sam
FPN
Tommy
Flower
Farrell
Bateman
Lockers

Sutton
T
Powell
Clubb

Some excellent strength in dept behind that 17 and i was torn with 3 front rowers on the bench over a backrower but there is the inevitable rotation of Lockers to consider and I certainly think some of those can fill the void in a 'Gallen' type loose forward role and with the experience of Sam in the halves hopefuly the organisation will be there when Lockers isnt. Somehing that isnt easy to do as a fullback acting as an extra pivot
Re: Strongest 17 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2195
As long as Lealuai is no where near first choice 7 I’ll be happy.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Strongest 17 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2195
As long as Lealuai is no where near first choice 7 I’ll be happy.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JIMMY MAGNETS and 52 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,073,05452878,2284,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts