RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:50 pm  
Sweaty Betty's wrote:
Thanks for that I was going off the information posted on the Warrington Forum (Barbed Wire I think). I have just made a mental note, don't believe anything a Wire fan says!

I could be wrong but either way he should’ve left IMO. I also didn’t think Nicholson should’ve gone there for the same reasons but he might be ok, as they seem to have thrown the rest of the cap space in to other positions, so there might be no option but to play him.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:51 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
I could be wrong but either way he should’ve left IMO. I also didn’t think Nicholson should’ve gone there for the same reasons but he might be ok, as they seem to have thrown the rest of the cap space in to other positions, so there might be no option but to play him.

Nicholson has been given a starting 13 shirt, clearly the plan when we signed him was for him to be first choice in 2023 - probably why he signed, he wouldn’t have had that with you guys.

We deserve plenty of stick for our development of young players over the past 20 years, but I’d argue Powell has given younger players more opportunities his first season than any other coach in that 20 year period.

As for Dean, Jury is still out for me, his form has been inconsistent when he has played. This deal with Fev should show if he has the makings of a SL half or not - although I think the club has ways closer on Leon Hayes in that regard.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:42 am  
Nicholson is quality, had we known then what we seem to know now in regards Bateman I’d be stunned if we would have let him go.

Life is often about timing but in that regards he was the one that got away.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:17 pm  
jonh wrote:
Nicholson is quality, had we known then what we seem to know now in regards Bateman I’d be stunned if we would have let him go.

Life is often about timing but in that regards he was the one that got away.

We didn’t let him go, he was offered more by Wire and left, would we have offered more? Potentially but maybe not the reported amount Wire have.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:29 pm  
CobraCraig wrote:
We didn’t let him go, he was offered more by Wire and left, would we have offered more? Potentially but maybe not the reported amount Wire have.

He was under contract but had his path to first team blocked.

Losing Bateman as we seem to be destined to do would make the path less congested.

I believe the club would have done more to retain him had we known Bateman was going.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:45 pm  
CC, what is the reported amount that Wire are paying Nicholson ?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:19 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:
CC, what is the reported amount that Wire are paying Nicholson ?

heard 70K
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:45 pm  
Pieman wrote:
heard 70K

50k is more accurate.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:28 pm  
jonh wrote:
He was under contract but had his path to first team blocked.

Losing Bateman as we seem to be destined to do would make the path less congested.

I believe the club would have done more to retain him had we known Bateman was going.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the moment for all his promise and a couple of cameos in the first team there is absolutley no guarantee he will make it , how many promising young players have struggled once they get into the first team. I hope he does (except when playing against us) as from an international point of view we will be needing second rowers going forward as many of the the current ones are towards the end of their careers.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:10 pm  
CobraCraig wrote:

We did not offer him a deal!
PreviousNext