Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:49 am  
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
next season isn't it, sure he only got 2 seasons and this was his first

He’s contracted for the next 2 seasons, i very much doubt we will be signing another hooker in this time, especially with O’Neill emerging.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:54 am  
CobraCraig wrote:
He’s contracted for the next 2 seasons, i very much doubt we will be signing another hooker in this time, especially with O’Neill emerging.

And Tom Forber coming through the system.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:01 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
And Tom Forber coming through the system.

How highly rated is the lad and, I know this sounds stupid, but did he wear #9 in the reserve GF? The reason I ask, is because of how big he looked for a hooker. Maybe it was the camera angle, but he looked comparable in size to the other big lads in the side.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:23 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
How highly rated is the land and, I know this sounds stupid, but did he wear #9 in the reserve GF? The reason I ask, is because of how big he looked for a hooker. Maybe it was the camera angle, but he looked comparable in size to the other big lads in the side.

Think that was Toby Brannan who is a big prop/loose forward. Him and Forber played loose forward and hooker but Forber wore 13 and Brannan 9 for some reason (maybe shirt sizes given the difference between them). Forber isn’t the biggest from what I’ve seen but looks a prospect.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Think that was Toby Brannan who is a big prop/loose forward. Him and Forber played loose forward and hooker but Forber wore 13 and Brannan 9 for some reason (maybe shirt sizes given the difference between them). Forber isn’t the biggest from what I’ve seen but looks a prospect.

That makes sense. I thought our 9 looked ridiculously large for a hooker.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:59 am  
Bibby to Huddersfield has just been announced.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:23 am  
WWste wrote:

Hopefully be a catalyst for further announcements
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:44 am  
[Gareth] wrote:
Hopefully be a catalyst for further announcements

Reading between the lines, this is basically an announcement of an announcement.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:21 am  
Yeah, you would think the Wardle deal would go through in the next few days if it’s set in stone, potentially even today? Although they might think Bibby deserves a day to potentially take thanks from the fans before being over shadowed by an incoming?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:37 am  
WWste wrote:

I believe that he has got an excellent deal for himself.
I would if possible liked to have retained him as a squad player.
Good luck to the lad.
PreviousNext