RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:40 pm  
TonyM19 wrote:
You seem really confident about this signing. Is it being held back to soften the blow of French leaving?

He is under contract next year at Huddersfield so it’s up to them to announce not us.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:47 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
If I was him, I'd probably be pi$$ed off that I didn't get a game last night. Don't get me wrong, he's no superstar but he's also done very little wrong too. He deserved a start last night imo.

If I have one minor gripe with Peet (& it's only minor), it's his selection & loyalty to certain players. Last night, Cust should have started at 9 with Miski on the wing. I have no idea where the thought of Shorrocks starting came from?

Jobs for the boys, Come through the Wigan academy and you are untouchable, as long as your face fits.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:07 pm  
jonh wrote:
He is under contract next year at Huddersfield so it’s up to them to announce not us.

Fair enough.

Cheers
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:41 pm  
Cheers for the replies from my earlier post about wingers to replace him. Here’s another question, surely he must have been on a decent wedge so that must free up a decent amount of cap space to strengthen elsewhere? Silver lining and all that?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:20 pm  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Cheers for the replies from my earlier post about wingers to replace him. Here’s another question, surely he must have been on a decent wedge so that must free up a decent amount of cap space to strengthen elsewhere? Silver lining and all that?

I think we will go all in for Thompson personally. I stress this is just a hunch and no inside info at all to support it.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm  
jonh wrote:

So is it a done deal?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:38 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
So is it a done deal?

I’m not connected to either club but as far as I can see, yes.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:42 pm  
jonh wrote:
I think we will go all in for Thompson personally. I stress this is just a hunch and no inside info at all to support it.

Which would be a great signing! However, his dad still says to this day that he will only ever play in SL for saints if he was to come back
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:51 pm  
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Which would be a great signing! However, his dad still says to this day that he will only ever play in SL for saints if he was to come back

That may be true, he has 100% spoken to clubs other than Saints though in SL and others in the NRL.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:50 pm  
TonyM19 wrote:
You seem really confident about this signing. Is it being held back to soften the blow of French leaving?

I think it will take more than Wardle to soften the blow of French leaving.
PreviousNext