RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:36 am  
NSW wrote:
Partington to Salford sounds like it’s happening.

Anyone else a little concerned the cupboard might be a bit bare with Partington, Rushdon, Nickleson and maybe KKP going.

Hope we have more great young forwards coming through.

Its possible but I'm hoping the staff have some things lined up. As another poster says, Nsemba might get a first team run out this season and that would be great to see. Maybe a bit early for the props just yet and we have a few - Hill, Wood, Bibby off the top of my head. No real outstanding backs as yet but that will come hopefully.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:41 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.

He would be my pick too from what I've seen of him so far. Looks to have all the tools to succeed.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:43 am  
Phuzzy wrote:
He would be my pick too from what I've seen of him so far. Looks to have all the tools to succeed.

I agree. I made that point elsewhere on this forum. We better make sure that he is signed up before Wire come sniffing!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:02 pm  
Sweaty Betty's wrote:
I agree. I made that point elsewhere on this forum. We better make sure that he is signed up before Wire come sniffing!

They don't need to. Daryl Powell said their academy is great.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:26 am  
Halsall excellent again last night for Thunder, has a fantastic ability to beat a man when nothing looks on and also runs some great lines.

He’s way too good to be playing at the level he currently is and really needs to be getting games in Super League next year, if not this to see if he can be realistically considered a genuine option for a starting centre spot in 2024.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:54 am  
jonh wrote:
Halsall excellent again last night for Thunder, has a fantastic ability to beat a man when nothing looks on and also runs some great lines.

He’s way too good to be playing at the level he currently is and really needs to be getting games in Super League next year, if not this to see if he can be realistically considered a genuine option for a starting centre spot in 2024.

He's a shoe-in for next season IMO. It will be great to see him get some first team game time, especially if he's scoring tries (and even more so if he starts to bag a few match winners against Saints, we need some overdue paypack on that score - Long, Welsby).
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:30 pm  
I think it's worth giving Halsall a shot next season.

Incidentally, did Gildart play today? I saw the NSW cup game live on Watch NRL but missed the main game. He wasn't playing for the reserves
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:30 pm  

Incidentally, did Gildart play today? I saw the NSW cup game live on Watch NRL but missed the main game. He wasn't playing for the reserves
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:30 pm  
TonyM19 wrote:

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/07/08/team-update-round-17-vs-parramatta-eels/
TonyM19 wrote:

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/07/08/team-update-round-17-vs-parramatta-eels/
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:34 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.

Watched him today for the academy vs Hull, and was really disappointed, played full back, looked nervous and got rounded easily by Hull's hooker for a try.
PreviousNext