RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 3341
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Member for 11 years
WWste wrote:
If Bibby leaves. I’d Be happy to try Halsall at centre and have Thornley as back up. More so due to his injury record.


I liked/approved of us signing Thornley this season (money ball and all that), but the biggest draw back was his injury record. He spent a lot of time at Wigan in the treatment room and this has happened again.

Can the club afford to lose Bibby, Zak and potentially Halsall and have Isa and Thornley as two options? I personally don't see how it would work.
22 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
4 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:35 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:35 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1665
Member for 16 years
cherryandwhitedavid06 wrote:
Random one but could Saints make a move for Halsall given his affiliation with the club?


Saints could make a move for any of our players
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:13 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:13 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 19160
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Member for 20 years
Where has this Halsall is leaving coming from?

I’ve not seen anything other than a link to Hull on loan which obviously never materialised and all of a sudden he is on the outer permanently.

Do we know when his contract is up? Is it 2022?

I can’t find anything to say when his current deal runs out and I’ve also not seen anything linking him with a permanent move away other than speculation on here.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:54 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:54 pm  
Sweaty Betty's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 1611
Member for 11 years
CobraCraig wrote:
Saints could make a move for any of our players


Warrington would beat them to it :oops:
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3107
Member for 16 years
Partington to Salford sounds like it’s happening.

Anyone else a little concerned the cupboard might be a bit bare with Partington, Rushdon, Nickleson and maybe KKP going.

Hope we have more great young forwards coming through.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:05 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:05 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27589
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
NSW wrote:
Partington to Salford sounds like it’s happening.

Anyone else a little concerned the cupboard might be a bit bare with Partington, Rushdon, Nickleson and maybe KKP going.

Hope we have more great young forwards coming through.


We need to be careful for sure but I do think there are more good lads at the back of these in the shape Silva, Hill, Nsemba etc. With Cooper coming in, you’re looking at Partington being 7th choice prop and 3rd/4th choice loose forward. I think we’ll keep KPP for 2023 as well, so we’ll be ok for next year but it’s something to keep an eye on for 2024. I’d personally be looking to speak to Harry Rushton about his thoughts on coming back. He is an excellent young player and hasn’t quite cracked the first team at Canberra yet.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:36 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:36 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3107
Member for 16 years
NickyKiss wrote:
We need to be careful for sure but I do think there are more good lads at the back of these in the shape Silva, Hill, Nsemba etc. With Cooper coming in, you’re looking at Partington being 7th choice prop and 3rd/4th choice loose forward. I think we’ll keep KPP for 2023 as well, so we’ll be ok for next year but it’s something to keep an eye on for 2024. I’d personally be looking to speak to Harry Rushton about his thoughts on coming back. He is an excellent young player and hasn’t quite cracked the first team at Canberra yet.

You’re right.

We normally play 5 props with Smithies at loose forward (or Shorrocks)

One of

Singleton
Ellis
Byrne
Havard
Mago
Cooper

Won’t play every week! Great depth.


Forgot about Silva to be honest, would be great if he took a leap next year and could fill replacement prop role (when injury and suspensions hit).

Rads told me at the fans forum in March he expects Nsemba to play first team this year.

You’re right on Rushton, is this his first or second season down there ?
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27589
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
NSW wrote:
You’re right.

We normally play 5 props with Smithies at loose forward (or Shorrocks)

One of

Singleton
Ellis
Byrne
Havard
Mago
Cooper

Won’t play every week! Great depth.


Forgot about Silva to be honest, would be great if he took a leap next year and could fill replacement prop role (when injury and suspensions hit).

Rads told me at the fans forum in March he expects Nsemba to play first team this year.

You’re right on Rushton, is this his first or second season down there ?


Second season now for Rushton. It’s a player I’m sure they’re keeping an eye on but a lot would rest on if he wanted to come back. The young academy forwards are so impressive at the moment. It’s too soon for most of them but it’s not an area of concern IMO. I’m more concerned with the backs coming through. It’s a while now since we brought an outside back through one with real star quality and in time we’re going to need replacements for Field and French. It would be ideal if we could find some internal options over time.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 32173
Member for 20 years
NickyKiss wrote:
Second season now for Rushton. It’s a player I’m sure they’re keeping an eye on but a lot would rest on if he wanted to come back. The young academy forwards are so impressive at the moment. It’s too soon for most of them but it’s not an area of concern IMO. I’m more concerned with the backs coming through. It’s a while now since we brought an outside back through one with real star quality and in time we’re going to need replacements for Field and French. It would be ideal if we could find some internal options over time.


I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27589
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.


I’ve heard good things about him. He’s back from an injury I believe, so hopefully he can kick on now.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, jonh, LewCharnock, MR FRISK, tugglesf78 and 166 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Jack Burton
2287
23m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Boss Hog
17
25m
Shopping List 2023
Sebasteeno
3365
28m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17688
29m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35015
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
7s
Shopping List 2023
Sebasteeno
3365
31s
Australia were superb
Bulls Boy 20
13
53s
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17688
1m
IMG Recommendations for RL
rugbyleague8
69
1m
Who gets the number 7 shirt
MorePlaymake
137
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35015
2m
What we currently look like for 2023
musson
853
3m
The World Cup
UllFC
554
3m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
701
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Any more signings
Greg Florimo
8
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
Kevin Turvey
71
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5402
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1468
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2446
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1344
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1411
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1583
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1990
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1694
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2349
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2342
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2270
England Top Group A With Big W..
1982
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1778
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2991
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2317
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million 1,572 ↑2079,3109,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 18th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R1
13:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Fri 24th Feb 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Wakefield
 Fri 3rd Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R3
20:00
Castleford
v
Wigan
 Thu 9th Mar 2023
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R4
20:00
Wigan
v
Catalans
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
 
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
22m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Jack Burton
2287
23m
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Boss Hog
17
25m
Shopping List 2023
Sebasteeno
3365
28m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17688
29m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35015
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
7s
Shopping List 2023
Sebasteeno
3365
31s
Australia were superb
Bulls Boy 20
13
53s
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Boss Hog
17688
1m
IMG Recommendations for RL
rugbyleague8
69
1m
Who gets the number 7 shirt
MorePlaymake
137
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35015
2m
What we currently look like for 2023
musson
853
3m
The World Cup
UllFC
554
3m
Transfer talk
Pyrah123
701
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
Khlav Kalash
4
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Any more signings
Greg Florimo
8
TODAY
Shirts - Shop
hooligan27
1
TODAY
Riley Dean
Boss Hog
17
TODAY
Warrington re-sign ex-winger
TrinTrin
17
TODAY
Matty Russell signed
Kevin Turvey
71
TODAY
WCC 2023 TOUR DOWN UNDER
Foti with th
1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5402
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1468
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2446
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1344
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1411
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1583
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
1990
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1694
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2349
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2342
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2270
England Top Group A With Big W..
1982
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1778
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
2991
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2317


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!