RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:32 pm  
WWste wrote:
If Bibby leaves. I’d Be happy to try Halsall at centre and have Thornley as back up. More so due to his injury record.

I liked/approved of us signing Thornley this season (money ball and all that), but the biggest draw back was his injury record. He spent a lot of time at Wigan in the treatment room and this has happened again.

Can the club afford to lose Bibby, Zak and potentially Halsall and have Isa and Thornley as two options? I personally don't see how it would work.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:35 pm  
cherryandwhitedavid06 wrote:
Random one but could Saints make a move for Halsall given his affiliation with the club?

Saints could make a move for any of our players
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:13 pm  
Where has this Halsall is leaving coming from?

I’ve not seen anything other than a link to Hull on loan which obviously never materialised and all of a sudden he is on the outer permanently.

Do we know when his contract is up? Is it 2022?

I can’t find anything to say when his current deal runs out and I’ve also not seen anything linking him with a permanent move away other than speculation on here.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:54 pm  
CobraCraig wrote:
Saints could make a move for any of our players

Warrington would beat them to it :oops:
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 pm  
Partington to Salford sounds like it’s happening.

Anyone else a little concerned the cupboard might be a bit bare with Partington, Rushdon, Nickleson and maybe KKP going.

Hope we have more great young forwards coming through.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:05 pm  
NSW wrote:
Partington to Salford sounds like it’s happening.

Anyone else a little concerned the cupboard might be a bit bare with Partington, Rushdon, Nickleson and maybe KKP going.

Hope we have more great young forwards coming through.

We need to be careful for sure but I do think there are more good lads at the back of these in the shape Silva, Hill, Nsemba etc. With Cooper coming in, you’re looking at Partington being 7th choice prop and 3rd/4th choice loose forward. I think we’ll keep KPP for 2023 as well, so we’ll be ok for next year but it’s something to keep an eye on for 2024. I’d personally be looking to speak to Harry Rushton about his thoughts on coming back. He is an excellent young player and hasn’t quite cracked the first team at Canberra yet.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:36 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
We need to be careful for sure but I do think there are more good lads at the back of these in the shape Silva, Hill, Nsemba etc. With Cooper coming in, you’re looking at Partington being 7th choice prop and 3rd/4th choice loose forward. I think we’ll keep KPP for 2023 as well, so we’ll be ok for next year but it’s something to keep an eye on for 2024. I’d personally be looking to speak to Harry Rushton about his thoughts on coming back. He is an excellent young player and hasn’t quite cracked the first team at Canberra yet.

You’re right.

We normally play 5 props with Smithies at loose forward (or Shorrocks)

One of

Singleton
Ellis
Byrne
Havard
Mago
Cooper

Won’t play every week! Great depth.

Forgot about Silva to be honest, would be great if he took a leap next year and could fill replacement prop role (when injury and suspensions hit).

Rads told me at the fans forum in March he expects Nsemba to play first team this year.

You’re right on Rushton, is this his first or second season down there ?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:55 pm  
NSW wrote:
You’re right.

We normally play 5 props with Smithies at loose forward (or Shorrocks)

One of

Singleton
Ellis
Byrne
Havard
Mago
Cooper

Won’t play every week! Great depth.

Forgot about Silva to be honest, would be great if he took a leap next year and could fill replacement prop role (when injury and suspensions hit).

Rads told me at the fans forum in March he expects Nsemba to play first team this year.

You’re right on Rushton, is this his first or second season down there ?

Second season now for Rushton. It’s a player I’m sure they’re keeping an eye on but a lot would rest on if he wanted to come back. The young academy forwards are so impressive at the moment. It’s too soon for most of them but it’s not an area of concern IMO. I’m more concerned with the backs coming through. It’s a while now since we brought an outside back through one with real star quality and in time we’re going to need replacements for Field and French. It would be ideal if we could find some internal options over time.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Second season now for Rushton. It’s a player I’m sure they’re keeping an eye on but a lot would rest on if he wanted to come back. The young academy forwards are so impressive at the moment. It’s too soon for most of them but it’s not an area of concern IMO. I’m more concerned with the backs coming through. It’s a while now since we brought an outside back through one with real star quality and in time we’re going to need replacements for Field and French. It would be ideal if we could find some internal options over time.

I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:20 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I like the looks of Zach Eckersley in the academy, big, fast and can play Fullback, centre or wing.

I’ve heard good things about him. He’s back from an injury I believe, so hopefully he can kick on now.
PreviousNext