FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:41 pm  
I watch a lot of the academy and Nicholson is one of the best prospects I’ve seen come through for a long time - a backrower with pace, footwork, a passing game. For me, he’s better than Smithies was at that level.

Time will tell how well he goes at first team level but there’s no denying he’s a huge loss to the club, regardless of the reasons why.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:42 pm  
As good as Nicholson may be, and according to your fans he is clearly quality. But I doubt he'll go on to be as good as Harris or Sculthorpe who were pinched after coming through our academy. Is there a club(with a poor academy by the way)that has 2 future MOS taken from them?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 pm  
Moe syslak wrote:
As good as Nicholson may be, and according to your fans he is clearly quality. But I doubt he'll go on to be as good as Harris or Sculthorpe who were pinched after coming through our academy. Is there a club(with a poor academy by the way)that has 2 future MOS taken from them?

Pinched? I thought you sold them for a transfer fee?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:52 am  
Zig wrote:
Pinched? I thought you sold them for a transfer fee?

Some cash. Chris Morley and £300k.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:20 am  
Moe syslak wrote:

Pinched/Taken sounds like you should have notified the police if this is happening to your young players.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:22 am  
Jason65 wrote:
Pinched/Taken sounds like you should have notified the police if this is happening to your young players.

Sounds like a certain Mr Aki was around Warrington at the time
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:00 am  
Moe syslak wrote:

So, 2 players in 30 years?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:20 am  
Moe syslak wrote:

betts, faz, long and tomkins were all taken from us
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:32 am  
[Gareth] wrote:
Sounds like a certain Mr Aki was around Warrington at the time

Legend in his own lunchbox is Mr Aki, is he still around or has he been sectioned.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:16 am  
rubber duckie wrote:
Some cash. Chris Morley and £300k.

Exactly, I’d settle for that for Nicholson and Longstaff. Not a comparable argument by your fellow supporter, please educate him/her.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors