RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:59 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 18991
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Member for 19 years
NSW wrote:
Toby King to Huddersfield, how many left centres do they want ?


Hopefully confirms Wardle to us.

The King family are big Giants fans too so a bit of a homecoming for him.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:16 pm  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:16 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27505
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
moto748 wrote:
Of course that's a factor too. Most of the players you mention weren't eligible for Origin, though, surely? And Lyon threw his toys out of the pram, didn't he, and that's the only reason he came to SL? I agree we don't get the Kieis we used to. Is the NRL stronger now than it was back then? Certainly so financially, I'd say.


The Kiwis weren’t but they were first pick Kiwi internationals and they don’t come here now. Guys like Carroll, Lam, Renouf etc were Origin players. Lyon was a bit different in that he’d walked away from the game. It was easier to get the top level origin/international players when the seasons weren’t aligned but only on short contracts. We were still doing pretty well in getting top players here full time when the seasons aligned but the game here has since gone backwards and they’ve drive forward. That exchange rate was huge as well. At the peak of the Three dollars to the pound days (around 2002), players were being tempted.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:31 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 4339
Member for 8 years
Aye, but that was way back when, and we are where we are now. And I think we hark back to the past way too much.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:35 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:35 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27505
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
moto748 wrote:
Aye, but that was way back when, and we are where we are now. And I think we hark back to the past way too much.


We do and even then things weren’t rosey. The game needs new life breathing in to it. It needs ambition and to believe in itself. Hopefully this new link up with IMG can do something and give the players the platform they deserve.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:51 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:51 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 4339
Member for 8 years
I hope so too. Our sport has all the attributes to be a massive hit in the modern era. Watch the best that league has to offer, and who could feasibly claim the the 6N is a better contest? But unfortunately, the most successful exponents of league aren't even slightly interested in expanding the game, which doesn't help. Even in their own country! So we have to wind our necks in,and hope we can improve the game further here.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:07 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:07 am  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 3265
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Member for 11 years
jonh wrote:
Hopefully confirms Wardle to us.

The King family are big Giants fans too so a bit of a homecoming for him.


Talk on the wire board that it's a swap deal.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
22 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
4 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:21 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:21 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3079
Member for 16 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
Talk on the wire board that it a swap deal.

I got a weird text saying Wardle to them on loan until he joins us next year.

Seems a bit unlikely to be honest

A year seems a long time in RL, might have been paper talk but Saints, Wigan, Catalans, Hull KR, Hudds and Wire were all fighting over King.

He’s been garbage this year.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:53 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:53 am  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 15103
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
Member for 17 years
sergeant pepper wrote:
Talk on the wire board that it a swap deal.


I saw that King to Hudds was immediate with Wardle going to Wire on loan for rest of year
"BOHICA"
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:15 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:15 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 27505
Location: WIGAN
Member for 18 years
Loan moves for King and Wardle confirmed.

Not sure what to make of it on our chances of Wardle for 2023 now. It seems an easy deal for those clubs to make full time if they both settle and go well.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:26 am  
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:26 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 3079
Member for 16 years
NickyKiss wrote:
Loan moves for King and Wardle confirmed.

Not sure what to make of it on our chances of Wardle for 2023 now. It seems an easy deal for those clubs to make full time if they both settle and go well.


“Jake has only made 6 appearances to date this year for us and his management informed us that a fresh start was of interest to him to “reboot” so to speak his season and a similar scenario could be applied to Toby who is keen to take up the challenge here for the remainder of the year. “


Yeah you’d think Wire would be in pole position to make Wardle permanent, unless they go with Wrench and Mautaiai at centre next year. Hudds will have King and Bibby.

Hope we get Wardle, my source said he’s still on for his Wigan move but I’m sceptical.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Cbr1000rr, critch67, dany1979, FlexWheeler, MadDogg, NickyKiss, Pugsley Snr, Saint from Prestwich, sergeant pepper, SubjectNine, The Whiffy Kipper and 331 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors