Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Back on topic please and thankyou :wink:
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:01 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The rumour according to Sky is the regular season is getting cut short and an extended play offs will be played. Only the RFL could possibly think that this is reasonable this late in the season. It doesn’t surprise me as they're forever changing the goalposts and this season no matter what the ending will always have an asterix next to the winners name for me but imagine a club who finishes outside the top 4 wins it?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:32 pm  

Father Ted wrote:
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Perhaps this is more to do with SKY than the RFL or SL.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Father Ted wrote:
Perhaps this is more to do with SKY than the RFL or SL.

I hope that's the reason if that's what they do. I can accept that we have to do it to jump through their hoops to get funding. Can't accept it if it's just a half baked scheme when they've already changed the format once.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If Sky have asked for a change then of course we should do it. Otherwise it feels far too late to be making such a change - even in a year like this.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:15 pm  

Trainman wrote:
Trainman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think the original change to the format was to load games towards the end of the season in the hope that crowds would be allowed. That’s not the case.

I can see the sense in making a change to try and create interest however imo they have left it too late. Should have been done at least a month ago
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The game where fixtures are concerned is a shambles.

When the game restarted, we were told that games would only be played at Headingley, St Helens and Warrington. Since then we have had games at Hull, Salford and the the two poor grounds of Castleford and Wakefield. All Lancashire club games at Headingley and all Yorkshire club games at St Helens and Warrington. A percentage system introduced part way into the fixtures and now the scrapping of the remaining fixtures and the introduction of a extended play off system plus the Grand Final to be held at Hull instead of Old Trafford.

What happens if Hull are one of the finalists in the extended play off competition?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 am  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Ruddy Duck wrote:
The game where fixtures are concerned is a shambles.

When the game restarted, we were told that games would only be played at Headingley, St Helens and Warrington. Since then we have had games at Hull, Salford and the the two poor grounds of Castleford and Wakefield. All Lancashire club games at Headingley and all Yorkshire club games at St Helens and Warrington. A percentage system introduced part way into the fixtures and now the scrapping of the remaining fixtures and the introduction of a extended play off system plus the Grand Final to be held at Hull instead of Old Trafford.

What happens if Hull are one of the finalists in the extended play off competition?

Where, please show me.
The initial games were played there but nowhere did it say that all games would be played at those three grounds. Games have also been played at Huddersfield and Catalan.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:54 pm  

Father Ted wrote:
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

So far it looks as though HKR and Wigan are the only SL clubs not to have had a home fixture.
Is there an explanation for this?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:37 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Father Ted wrote:
So far it looks as though HKR and Wigan are the only SL clubs not to have had a home fixture.
Is there an explanation for this?

One assumes the costs of putting it at the DW and the situation with Latics when all this kicked off would have been factors. I'm not bothered by it to be honest, not like we can attend.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
PreviousNext