WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rumours and signings v9

Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Great to see him doing well. He got so much unfair criticism here for me, with him at times being our only creative/attacking threat and having to try and carry that burden. At Canberra he’s just settled down, found his role and has built a great partnership with Wighton. It helps having the likes of Papali, Bateman, Whitehead, Young etc in your pack as well.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:43 pm  
Sweaty Betty's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
Great to see him doing well. He got so much unfair criticism here for me, with him at times being our only creative/attacking threat and having to try and carry that burden. At Canberra he’s just settled down, found his role and has built a great partnership with Wighton. It helps having the likes of Papali, Bateman, Whitehead, Young etc in your pack as well.

I agree totally with your post. George Williams is a class act and I would have him back in a heartbeat. Anyone who knows their rugby could see that, the same with Sutty.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:57 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sweaty Betty's wrote:
I agree totally with your post. George Williams is a class act and I would have him back in a heartbeat. Anyone who knows their rugby could see that, the same with Sutty.

They’ve done things differently but I agree on both. Williams has simplified his game a little and is concentrating on what he’s good at. He’s not over playing like he felt the need to at times with us. As for Sutton, he’s just ramped up his effort levels and that’s on and off the field by the looks. He’s in great shape and is just playing with an intensity on a regular basis that we just saw in glimpses here. It’s been a great move for both and maybe in the future we could see them back here. I’m certainly not one of those who say ‘don’t bring anybody back’. If they’re good players, they’re good players.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Sweaty Betty's wrote:

We now see Sam Powell playing out of his skin as well, So was the problem actually Shaun Wane, Was he really as good a coach as some make out, After all he inherited a successful side and didn't really make any massive changes, Has Waney stifled certain players careers
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:17 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
We now see Sam Powell playing out of his skin as well, So was the problem actually Shaun Wane, Was he really as good a coach as some make out, After all he inherited a successful side and didn't really make any massive changes, Has Waney stifled certain players careers

I'm more of a Maguire fan than Wane but he was forced into a lot of changes. Don't forget he started giving Williams chances and the 6 shirt when Hampshire seemed the more likely choice. Powell also moved from Scrum half to Hooker under Wane.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:23 pm  
exiled Warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

After recent games I'd rather have Williams back than keep Hastings.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:29 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sweaty Betty's wrote:

So do I. George may have 'over-played' a bit at Wigan, but he didn't have the support around him he has at Canberra. Delighted to see him doing well, and at least this morning was a bright spot in a dismal day.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:26 pm  

hengirl wrote:
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Williams had simply gone stale at Wigan,that he’s a success down under surely isn’t a surprise,next season will be interesting if he can carry on and build from here he could become very special indeed
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:33 pm  
Sweaty Betty's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

hengirl wrote:
Williams had simply gone stale at Wigan,that he’s a success down under surely isn’t a surprise,next season will be interesting if he can carry on and build from here he could become very special indeed

I disagree, the forwards in front of him were not good enough on a regular basis. Look at Fages at Saints, average player behind a pack that is regularly on top and he gets praised.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:32 pm  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Sweaty Betty's wrote:
I disagree, the forwards in front of him were not good enough on a regular basis. Look at Fages at Saints, average player behind a pack that is regularly on top and he gets praised.

The same problem Hastings is having. Playing behind a mainly beaten pack. Put either behind a dominant pack and they’d be unstoppable
PreviousNext