WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rumours and signings v9

Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:45 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Some serious allegations there, hope they aren't true.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:09 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

He's resigned his commission with the Bunnies
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If even a quarter of those allegations are true I hope no club ever signs him again.

This is probably the end of his media career too.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:17 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wigg'n wrote:

This is probably the end of his media career too.

Worse than Ron Atkinson!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Not necessarily on here as I think generally posters are more level headed but social media has gone into meltdown over what an awful human he is and a disgrace to the sport etc etc etc.

These allegations may be true, they may not be so I’m of the opinion that we sit and watch how it unfolds before the character assassination commences.

Let’s not pretend there is not a motive for the side making the allegations to make them either.

I obviously hope it isn’t true and with all due respect to the parties involved it wouldn’t for me sour his legacy as a player if they were, as a man and role model though it obviously will.

Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to the athletes that play this great sport at the highest level however. I’ve met many of my childhood hero’s who turned out not to be very nice individuals with slightly in my opinion boarder line psychotic tendencies in some cases. The nature of the sport is so aggressive it will naturally attract that type of character to the environment.

Let’s hope in this case his name is cleared for his sake more than anything else.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
Not necessarily on here as I think generally posters are more level headed but social media has gone into meltdown over what an awful human he is and a disgrace to the sport etc etc etc.

These allegations may be true, they may not be so I’m of the opinion that we sit and watch how it unfolds before the character assassination commences.

Let’s not pretend there is not a motive for the side making the allegations to make them either.

I obviously hope it isn’t true and with all due respect to the parties involved it wouldn’t for me sour his legacy as a player if they were, as a man and role model though it obviously will.

Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to the athletes that play this great sport at the highest level however. I’ve met many of my childhood hero’s who turned out not to be very nice individuals with slightly in my opinion boarder line psychotic tendencies in some cases. The nature of the sport is so aggressive it will naturally attract that type of character to the environment.

Let’s hope in this case his name is cleared for his sake more than anything else.

Agreed. OT but I wonder how the fans would react if the club implemented more of a strict 'No d***heads' policy. IMO we have been poor in this regard, focusing on success at the expense of having unsavoury characters at the club.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:
Agreed. OT but I wonder how the fans would react if the club implemented more of a strict 'No d***heads' policy. IMO we have been poor in this regard, focusing on success at the expense of having unsavoury characters at the club.

Honestly I don’t think many, if any club, would be able to field a team week in week out if that policy was implemented.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Gold RLFANS Member

jonh wrote:
Honestly I don’t think many, if any club, would be able to field a team week in week out if that policy was implemented.

True. I'm thinking the more extreme examples (Hardaker, Flower, Bateman, Hock)
Frank Zappa wrote:

The_Enforcer wrote:
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:19 am  

User avatarwarriorweed wrote:
warriorweed User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Last edited by warriorweed on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am  

User avatarwarriorweed wrote:
warriorweed User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

We should be looking at signing this Williams fella from Canberra if Hastings leaves, he looks a cracker. :wink:
PreviousNext