WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Rumours and signings v9

Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 am  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 3515
Location: Atherton
he didnt say we didnt, he said we need one and Hardaker isnt it
Last edited by Pieman on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:50 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2151
warrior1872 wrote:
We already have a fullback with the x-factor,his name is Bevan French

100% id give him a 5 year deal
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:07 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 519
NSW wrote:
I know it’s probably not going to happen. But I’d let Hardaker go in a heart beat.

Great defensively at FB last year, but bang average in attack, that game breaking pace seems to have gone. We need an Xfactor player at fullback.

Only a few games at centre and he is okay there, nothing special. Is ALOT better than Hankinson in the centres considering he’ll be on at least 3 times the money?

Think his salary could be better used elsewhere.


As someone who question the signing of Hardacre, I think you are talking nonsense in regard to his value to the club and the England/Great Britain teams.

Amazes me how some have a favourite until a new kid on the block arrives!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 519
NSW wrote:
I know it’s probably not going to happen. But I’d let Hardaker go in a heart beat.

Great defensively at FB last year, but bang average in attack, that game breaking pace seems to have gone. We need an Xfactor player at fullback.

Only a few games at centre and he is okay there, nothing special. Is ALOT better than Hankinson in the centres considering he’ll be on at least 3 times the money?

Think his salary could be better used elsewhere.


As someone who question the signing of Hardacre, I think you are talking nonsense in regard to his value to the club and the England/Great Britain teams.

Amazes me how some have a favourite until a new kid on the block arrives!
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:01 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23892
Location: WIGAN
Ruddy Duck wrote:
As someone who question the signing of Hardacre, I think you are talking nonsense in regard to his value to the club and the England/Great Britain teams.

Amazes me how some have a favourite until a new kid on the block arrives!


I think the phrase ‘let him go in a heartbeat’ would be stronger than I’d go but I don’t think he’s hit the heights here. His player of the year award was a sign of how poor we’d been for the majority of last season IMO. He was decent enough but nowhere near the Hardaker we’ve seen play against us in the past. He also had a very quiet start to this season. He seems a good bloke and his leadership qualities have been a surprise. He also seems in a good place personally and I think we’ll see him improve. I’d be in no rush to let him go but I can understand the comment that somebody would, if they then felt his salary would be used to bring in a specialist centre.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:40 am  

Blueblood wrote:
Blueblood Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 am
Posts: 90
Gildart hasn't gone anywhere yet no takers up to now.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:52 am  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6570
Blueblood wrote:
Gildart hasn't gone anywhere yet no takers up to now.


Does not surprise me. Far too lightweight for an NRL back.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14456
Blueblood wrote:
Gildart hasn't gone anywhere yet no takers up to now.


Would have expected their finances to take a hit by the events of recent times. Always wondered how cashed up they were to risk big money on a Brit who even at first glance doesn't look as if he'd fit comfortablly into an NRL 3/4 line.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:34 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23892
Location: WIGAN
Seen enough NRL centres these past couple of months now to say Gildart would be absolutely fine over there. There are some good ones knocking about but not many great ones and he’d walk a game at a number of clubs. If those clubs are willing to pay for him though is another matter.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:33 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6342
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
NickyKiss wrote:
Seen enough NRL centres these past couple of months now to say Gildart would be absolutely fine over there. There are some good ones knocking about but not many great ones and he’d walk a game at a number of clubs. If those clubs are willing to pay for him though is another matter.


And that's the point
Anyone thinking Gildart wouldn't get a game over any one of there 32 starting centres is living in dreamland - He wouldn't likely be in the Top 20 but he'd definitely be the equal if not better than some.

But if your an Aussie club the question the current climate is "Why Risk it?"
They can take relatively less Risk or safer options and probably for cheaper - Remember though what is an improvement in Wages for our players going over there may increase but it will still put them at the lower end of what they're paying out to Aussie/NZ players (See George as reported he's one of the lowest paid starting Half backs in Oz).

Gildarts a Good un, 4 and a bit seasons from him and I can count on one hand the number of bad games he's had, stood up favourably to the Watkins of this world when he was in his prime and at 24ish his best years are ahead of him - He's another George I fear, people who don't appreciate him won't know what they're missing till he's gone.
I hope given the situation in OZ that they are cautious about UK signings for the next 12/18months and we get 2 more years (2 + 2 Deal would be good, sits back and await derision from the usual suspects).
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, Itchy Arsenal, Ruddy Duck and 184 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,054,37789678,1494,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts