WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:13 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23854
Location: WIGAN
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I'm hoping we can get 6 - 10 games with a Hastings and Harry Smith partnership, that could be very productive.


Would love to see it happen and maybe that’s the plan should Tommy stay on. It would clearly be his last year, so to pick and choose when to rest him and give Smith a crack may be the way they’ll operate. One thing is for sure, we’ll need to have a look at Smith at some point. He was sensational in the academy series against the Aussies and a number of those lads have now got debuts. You don’t want to over burden him but you also don’t want him becoming frustrated.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 am
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I'm hoping we can get 6 - 10 games with a Hastings and Harry Smith partnership, that could be very productive.


What makes you think this?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 am
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:34 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
NickyKiss wrote:
Would love to see it happen and maybe that’s the plan should Tommy stay on. It would clearly be his last year, so to pick and choose when to rest him and give Smith a crack may be the way they’ll operate. One thing is for sure, we’ll need to have a look at Smith at some point. He was sensational in the academy series against the Aussies and a number of those lads have now got debuts. You don’t want to over burden him but you also don’t want him becoming frustrated.


I think this is far... to give him a crack, his time in the senior squad/team. I just worry how consistently fans/posters put so much faith in a young lad who's not even played a senior game.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 am
Posted by Itchy Arsenal on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 am
Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 1661
Location: God's little acre
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I'm hoping we can get 6 - 10 games with a Hastings and Harry Smith partnership, that could be very productive.


Couldn't agree more with you.
Lam was suggesting in his latest interview that a couple of the academy players have gone well in training this week with the first team and that he hopes to give them a first team outing this season. I'm hoping that Smith is one of those players and that he gets a crack sooner rather than later.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 am
Posted by [Gareth] on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 am
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:30 pm
Posts: 14507
Location: Listening to the reggae band, Jihad
How much are all these debuts affecting the salary cap position?
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am
Posted by That Mon on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am
That Mon User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 241
Under a age band I dint think the younger lads count?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am
Posted by Levrier on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1204
We still do not seem to realistically be addressing the glaring lack of size in our middle forwards.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 am
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:35 am
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 4784
Levrier wrote:
We still do not seem to realistically be addressing the glaring lack of size in our middle forwards.


Hopefully we are. There's always rumours about trying to bring in Clark and possibly Green (even though he's not an official signing) in early. So far all we have is rumours, hopefully the club is doing what they can to bring in the right signings. I also think it's important to not sign whoever we can on a knee-jerk. We don't want to buy out of desperation only to regret it in seasons to come.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Posted by ChrisA on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 pm
ChrisA User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:30 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: Oldham.
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Hopefully we are. There's always rumours about trying to bring in Clark and possibly Green (even though he's not an official signing) in early. So far all we have is rumours, hopefully the club is doing what they can to bring in the right signings. I also think it's important to not sign whoever we can on a knee-jerk. We don't want to buy out of desperation only to regret it in seasons to come.


Definitely, no need for any Wayne Mcdonald signings.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Posted by hatty on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:45 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3524
Location: wigan...where else!!
ChrisA wrote:
Definitely, no need for any Wayne Mcdonald signings.

I agree ee - i - ee - i - oh
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost and 69 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,047,88638678,1114,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)