Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:46 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 745
Rep Position: 14th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Grimmy wrote:
Shouldn't be a priority IMO, even if Leuluai calls it a day we still have Powell and Shorrocks with Borough coming through. I'd be prioritising another prop.

If Tommy goes we need a halfback IMO or at least based on my opinion of how Lam rates his remaining options. There’s clearly no real trust in the ability of Sammut and I don’t think he’s overly keen on Shorrocks either (which I agree with). I’m sure he’ll give Harry Smith some minutes at some point this year or next but he’s not going to start with him either.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:41 pm
Posted by moto748 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:41 pm
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 226
Rep Position: 114th / 77,850

Seggy maybe, but Issac Luke and Robbie Farah, although not getting any younger, are rep class 9s of the highest standard, hardly 'not quite good enough for the NRL'.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm
JWarriors Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 80
Rep Position: 223rd / 77,850

[youtube][/youtube]
Rogues Gallery wrote:
Was that on facebook? It must be true then :roll:

Read my second post on the matter.

John Davidson on Twitter in conversation with Graeme Taylor who stayed Wigan would need a huge cheque book to move Escare on.

I also said, no way of proving it and don’t necessarily believe it. But it’s something being touted by a RL Journo
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm
Posted by Azul on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 113
Rep Position: 195th / 77,850

JWarriors wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]Read my second post on the matter.

John Davidson on Twitter in conversation with Graeme Taylor who stayed Wigan would need a huge cheque book to move Escare on.

I also said, no way of proving it and don’t necessarily believe it. But it’s something being touted by a RL Journo

That fella is a right attention seeking weapon, on his Twitter. Always claiming one up if he ‘broke’ a story before anyone else.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 pm
Cheeky half-back

Azul wrote:
That fella is a right attention seeking weapon, on his Twitter. Always claiming one up if he ‘broke’ a story before anyone else.

Yeah I’ve seen that a few time to be fair. Always talking to the mole guy whenever he breaks a story to claim he broke it first.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm
Posted by MadDogg on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 pm
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 238
Rep Position: 108th / 77,850

JWarriors wrote:
Azul wrote:

Yeah I’ve seen that a few time to be fair. Always talking to the mole guy whenever he breaks a story to claim he broke it first.

Probably the most arrogant, obnoxious RL journalist out there.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm
Posted by JWarriors on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm
Cheeky half-back

MadDogg wrote:
Probably the most arrogant, obnoxious RL journalist out there.

Potentially - I was merely stating what I had seen him discuss with Escare's agent on Twitter
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 326
Rep Position: 74th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 248

NickyKiss wrote:
If Tommy goes we need a halfback IMO or at least based on my opinion of how Lam rates his remaining options. There’s clearly no real trust in the ability of Sammut and I don’t think he’s overly keen on Shorrocks either (which I agree with). I’m sure he’ll give Harry Smith some minutes at some point this year or next but he’s not going to start with him either.

Do you see Leuluai partnering Hastings if he does stay? I'm not an expert on halfbacks, but don't imagine them complimenting each other's skills......
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:19 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:19 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 745
Rep Position: 14th / 77,850

Grimmy wrote:
Do you see Leuluai partnering Hastings if he does stay? I'm not an expert on halfbacks, but don't imagine them complimenting each other's skills......

Sadly I think he will be yes, assuming he does stay on. We've needed a balanced halfback partner for George Williams for about 3 years now and never got one and I reckon the club will feel with Hastings having a more rounded game than Williams, they won't need to look for a partner to go along with him.

I'm really looking forward to watching Hastings next season but without a good partner to go alongside him I do fear the pressure on him is going to be huge. He's certainly not got a couple of human battering rams to play on the back in the way Johnny Lomax or Theo Fages have. He's comfortably better than the pair of them but he's not super human.
Post Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Posted by Rogues Gallery on Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 pm
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 436
Rep Position: 46th / 77,850

NickyKiss wrote:
Sadly I think he will be yes, assuming he does stay on. We've needed a balanced halfback partner for George Williams for about 3 years now and never got one and I reckon the club will feel with Hastings having a more rounded game than Williams, they won't need to look for a partner to go along with him.

I'm really looking forward to watching Hastings next season but without a good partner to go alongside him I do fear the pressure on him is going to be huge. He's certainly not got a couple of human battering rams to play on the back in the way Johnny Lomax or Theo Fages have. He's comfortably better than the pair of them but he's not super human.

I'm hoping we can get 6 - 10 games with a Hastings and Harry Smith partnership, that could be very productive.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
PreviousNext