WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm
Posted by P-J on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:45 pm
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 51
Rep Position: 263rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 1739
sergeant pepper wrote:
How are they putting them in the shop window and how do you stop other teams looking at your players?

If you were a top NRL, or even RU scout, would you not be keeping an eye on the players in the Wigan academy?

It's the price we pay for the success we've had.

The NRL obviously has a Wigan based scout.

No other team gets poached like ours.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm
Posted by hatty on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 217
Rep Position: 124th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3313
Location: wigan...where else!!
sergeant pepper wrote:
How are they putting them in the shop window and how do you stop other teams looking at your players?

If you were a top NRL, or even RU scout, would you not be keeping an eye on the players in the Wigan academy?

It's the price we pay for the success we've had.

In the shop window is by way of continually including the get out clause in a players contract should an NRL club come sniffing round.
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 779
Rep Position: 13th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23360
Location: WIGAN
hatty wrote:
In the shop window is by way of continually including the get out clause in a players contract should an NRL club come sniffing round.


We’ve apparently offered Hastings an NRL get out clause to tempt him in to signing. What that means I’m not sure but I just hope it’s something only available at the end of a season and not mid way through. If he signs then goes home within a couple of months we’ll be stumped.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:36 pm
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 349
Rep Position: 65th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1011
NickyKiss wrote:
We’ve apparently offered Hastings an NRL get out clause to tempt him in to signing. What that means I’m not sure but I just hope it’s something only available at the end of a season and not mid way through. If he signs then goes home within a couple of months we’ll be stumped.

If any anything it should be a 4 season contract with the option after 3 but we have a spineless owner who is all too happy to let players toddle off to the NRL mid contract, The difference between Wigan and the other big 4 clubs
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm
Bigredwarrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 515
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 2612
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
If any anything it should be a 4 season contract with the option after 3 but we have a spineless owner who is all too happy to let players toddle off to the NRL mid contract, The difference between Wigan and the other big 4 clubs



Actually, the biggest difference between Wigan and the other big 4 is the size of the trophy cabinet!
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am
Posted by Smalls on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am
Smalls User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 305th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:28 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Standish
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Actually, the biggest difference between Wigan and the other big 4 is the size of the trophy cabinet!


Well said :CLAP: . What a moronic post you are replying to.
wearethewire wrote:
expect nothing, anything more is better

Wires71 wrote:
And there is the Warrington motto in a nutshell. No wonder we were dog dirt for 20 years

madoggy wrote:
hope saints win it, if wigan dont win another league title for 100 years they would still have more than everyone :wink:
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 am
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 am
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 349
Rep Position: 65th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1011
Smalls wrote:
Well said :CLAP: . What a moronic post you are replying to.

So you are happy that Lenagan has offered a player a contract that states he can leave as soon as an NRL club comes knocking?, Do Saints, Leeds or Wire do the same or do they actually manage to retain their top players, Lenagan is spineless when it comes to enforcing contracts, He let's players go when he can pocket a nice shiny fee but won't sack/release any player/coach when it's going to cost him money to do so, Sorry but the only moronic post here is yours, We are Wigan and we deserve better :!:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:17 am
Posted by The Whiffy Kipper on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:17 am
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 349
Rep Position: 65th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1011
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Actually, the biggest difference between Wigan and the other big 4 is the size of the trophy cabinet!

Nobodies on about Trophies though are they Mr Throbber, Anyways, What happened to you ignoring me?, That lasted long :SUBMISSION:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:35 am
Posted by JIMMY MAGNETS on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:35 am
JIMMY MAGNETS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 154
Rep Position: 165th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 2598
Location: SAT IN A PILE OF MAGNETS
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Nobodies on about Trophies though are they Mr Throbber, Anyways, What happened to you ignoring me?, That lasted long :SUBMISSION:
Tropies are what it's all about isn't it ? Surely!!!! Yes we've I'd a bad season we've still more trophies than wire or saints so bit of a stupid post wasn't it
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:45 am
Posted by Cruncher on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:45 am
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 315
Rep Position: 81st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14329
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
So you are happy that Lenagan has offered a player a contract that states he can leave as soon as an NRL club comes knocking?, Do Saints, Leeds or Wire do the same or do they actually manage to retain their top players, Lenagan is spineless when it comes to enforcing contracts, He let's players go when he can pocket a nice shiny fee but won't sack/release any player/coach when it's going to cost him money to do so, Sorry but the only moronic post here is yours, We are Wigan and we deserve better :!:


Better than all the trophies he's delivered us?

There is definitely an issue about our ability to sign and retain star names at present, but that doesn't nullify the 9 major trophies that IL has secured for us.

If nothing else, I'd have thought that would cause a so-called fan to moderate his language a little bit.

Some of these hate-filled, insult-riddled posts are pathetic, ridiculous and embarrassing.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, ArcticGorilla, Ashton Bears, Azul, doc-rhino, Early Bath, exiled Warrior, fleabag, Google Adsense [Bot], hatty, MOUSE13, nottinghamtiger, Professor Yaffle, sergeant pepper, ShortArse, The Magic Rat, Tricky Dicky and 257 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,984,2851,64877,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 13th Feb 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
TORONTO
Sun 23rd Feb 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 10th Apr 14:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 25th Apr 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 3rd May 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 24th May 14:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 11th Jun 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 20th Jun 17:00
SL
HULL FC
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28