FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:28 pm  
I said all last year, Partington offer loads of effort, aggressions and a good engine, but he has zero go forward. He's isn't a big loss at all.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:59 pm  
For me powell only offers solid defence. He kills most attacks as he's so slow and predictable
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:28 pm  
Cbr1000rr wrote:
For me powell only offers solid defence. He kills most attacks as he's so slow and predictable


Genuine question…

Why is it that the likes of Peet, Wane, Briers think so highly of him then?

I don’t disagree but they obviously see something in Powell that some people don’t.

Also, where does O’Neil need to improve to convince them he’s the better option?
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:53 pm  
Enfield St wrote:
Genuine question…

Why is it that the likes of Peet, Wane, Briers think so highly of him then?

I don’t disagree but they obviously see something in Powell that some people don’t.

Also, where does O’Neil need to improve to convince them he’s the better option?


They are mates off the field.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:38 pm  
DannyT wrote:
They are mates off the field.


Nonsense :lol: :lol:
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:21 am  
Enfield St wrote:
Genuine question…

Why is it that the likes of Peet, Wane, Briers think so highly of him then?

I don’t disagree but they obviously see something in Powell that some people don’t.

Also, where does O’Neil need to improve to convince them he’s the better option?


I wish i could answer that question, as i don't see what he brings offensively and I'm not alone in that view and thats just on this forum
And regarding O'Neil i really don't know. I thought it was a very poor decision to drop him for powell in the semi final especially after powell was out for weeks
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:33 pm  
O'Neill needs to get better defensively and needs to up his want and bravery, something Powell has in abundance but is not a good hooker.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:36 pm  
It is often what a player does for the team around them, not just in work rate but in experience, influence and spirit. These are the things the coaches see but fans do not.

Imo that’s what Powell offers that O’Neil cannot do yet.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:54 pm  
Trainman wrote:
It is often what a player does for the team around them, not just in work rate but in experience, influence and spirit. These are the things the coaches see but fans do not.

Imo that’s what Powell offers that O’Neil cannot do yet.


There’s enough experience in the squad for people to step up. Some of the younger lads are now experienced professionals. O’Neill brings something different to the team and we should be able to accommodate him.
Last edited by DannyT on Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 : Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:56 pm  
Trainman wrote:
It is often what a player does for the team around them, not just in work rate but in experience, influence and spirit. These are the things the coaches see but fans do not.

Imo that’s what Powell offers that O’Neil cannot do yet.


I must have missed the games where the team raised their games when Powell played.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 144 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Wigan Warriors