WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Noble leaving - this thread only

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com Noble leaving - this thread only

.hidden { visibility: hidden; } .adborder{ border:20px; }
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Posted by Red Hot Jalapeno on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:37 pm
Red Hot Jalapeno Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

If Noble was only told 1 week ago who the hell decided we would offer Sean Long a deal? Who decided to resign Phelps and Coley?

What if the new man who i assume IL has appointed in the last week or 2 for next year doesnt want any of those 3 players. I know Long didnt sign but if he had would he actually of wanted Sean Long?
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 pm
Posted by AJ on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 pm
AJ User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

post wrote:
I would love to see how many tackles he broke and why the rough treatment of Sam Tomkins from Cunningham was allowed when he is our 'enforcer'.

He isn't our enforcer and never has been. We dont have one.
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm
Posted by post on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:45 pm
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

AJ wrote:
He isn't our enforcer and never has been. We dont have one.

And that is a crying shame. Don't let the last 15mins of the game cloud your judgement. We had a few players playing great all game and some were passengers.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm
Posted by Jonesy's a Legend on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm
Jonesy's a Legend User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Red Hot Jalapeno wrote:
If Noble was only told 1 week ago who the hell decided we would offer Sean Long a deal? Who decided to resign Phelps and Coley?

What if the new man who i assume IL has appointed in the last week or 2 for next year doesnt want any of those 3 players. I know Long didnt sign but if he had would he actually of wanted Sean Long?

looks like you have employed a "yes man" then to me
Brian McDermott paraphrased Peter Fox.
"He'd say if we had 13 Bernard Dwyers we wouldn't lose many RL games. It's the same for us with JJB"
Posted by pie eater and proud of it on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm
pie eater and proud of it Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

:CLAP: Thanks Brian for saving us from relegation and for the past 3 1/2 years. :CLAP:

Shame it had to end, but onwards and upwards.
Sadfish wrote : Peapoi is right.

Geoggy wrote : particularly when it comes to singing at home games. the singing at home games only really gets going in wigan games.

Saddened wrote : 1 - Wellens 3/10 Like public transport. Late, slow and stunk.
dosnt seem right??
Posted by blond viking on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:48 pm
blond viking Stevo's Armpit

your chairman gets rid of your coach.he took you lot to the semi finals of the challenge cup...one game from the grand final. you sure are not a forward thinking club....this is about as far as you can go..dont think you will ever be in the same league as saints or leeds
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm
Posted by Jimmy_Morton on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm
Jimmy_Morton User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Different League than you tho............ :wink:
We can hold our heads up high around town. Not for us the ignomony of having once supported United, Liverpool or Everton and then shamelessly casting our previous loyalties aside for a 2 bit fly-be-night outfit with no history or standing in the town. Not for us having to swear blind that we never supported another club, not for us having to swear blind that we watched our club pre-JJB.

We are Wigan Rugby League. Established 1872. The town's true club. Ancient and Loyal.

king warrior wrote: I'd chop my **** off for a win on sat seriously
Re: dosnt seem right??
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm
Posted by Leyland Warrior on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm
Leyland Warrior User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

blond viking wrote:
your chairman gets rid of your coach.he took you lot to the semi finals of the challenge cup...one game from the grand final. you sure are not a forward thinking club....this is about as far as you can go..dont think you will ever be in the same league as saints or leeds

And how often have either of those clubs kept a coach on for longer than 3yrs?
No matter what they've won.
And which world dominating side of the 80's & 90's started the trend, d'ya think? :roll:
Last ever Derby at Central Park - 05/09/99
Wigan 28-20 Saints
Last ever Derby at Knowsley Road- 02/04/10
Saints 10-18 Wigan

WIGAN RLFC - STILL MAKING HISTORY
Re: dosnt seem right??
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 pm
Posted by Steve Ella's Beard on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 pm
Steve Ella's Beard Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

blond viking wrote:

Nice troll attempt, but you're bloody blind if you think Saints were in a different league to us tonight. It was a very close game that could have gone either way.
Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 pm
Posted by Odem on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It is the right thing to take this club forward IMO!

Lets see what a new coach gets out of the same set of players.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
PreviousNext