WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - * * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com * * * Rumours & Signings XIII * * *

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:54 pm
Posted by Micky Jurgen on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:54 pm
Micky Jurgen User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:00 am
Posts: 43
May have been mentioned before, but why didn't we sign Gilmour to cover for Hock?
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Posted by Bridger on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:08 pm
Bridger Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 295th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 pm
Posts: 6640
Location: Not sure!
Micky Jurgen wrote:
May have been mentioned before, but why didn't we sign Gilmour to cover for Hock?


FFS. We have a game-breaking left-sided international 2nd rower -

Liam Farrell
BURY JIGSAW WHEELCHAIR RLC
2011 Premiership Grand Final Winners
2012 Div 1 Grand Final Winners

LEYLAND WARRIORS RLFC
Cubs, U8s, U9s, U11s, U12s, U13s, U14s, U16s, Open Age, Women & Masters
www.leylandwarriors.co.uk @lwrlc
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:21 pm
Posted by Odem on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:21 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 268th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12857
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
Bridger wrote:
FFS. We have a game-breaking left-sided international 2nd rower -

Liam Farrell


Him and Mossop are the future core of the Wigan pack. We would be stupid not to start playing them both with these injuries.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm
Posted by NSW on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 pm
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 130
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 1988
odemwingie wrote:
Him and Mossop are the future core of the Wigan pack. We would be stupid not to start playing them both with these injuries.
Agreed both fantastic talents, rate them both better than Flanagan. Regards Gilmour would have been a great replacement for Hock if we were weak at the backrow position but our strength in depth meant it wasnt happening
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Posted by Odem on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 268th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12857
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
Richards is superman! wrote:
Agreed both fantastic talents, rate them both better than Flanagan. Regards Gilmour would have been a great replacement for Hock if we were weak at the backrow position but our strength in depth meant it wasnt happening


Believe me I know as much as anyone that Gilmour would of done a good job but playing our young players will only do us good in the future and even this season and next season. I want to see at lest 10 players who have come through the academy in our 17.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:48 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:48 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 741
Rep Position: 13th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23249
Location: WIGAN
odemwingie wrote:
Believe me I know as much as anyone that Gilmour would of done a good job but playing our young players will only do us good in the future and even this season and next season. I want to see at lest 10 players who have come through the academy in our 17.


Gilmour would have counted in that then :D

In all seriousness i'm glad we didn't go for him. He's been a great servant for Saints but in reality we had little to gain from taking a 32 year old second rower rejected by Saints on.

We have players as good as Gilmour in the squad already with lads waiting in the wings who can potentailly become as good in the near future.
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 pm
Posted by Odem on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 268th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12857
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
NickyKiss wrote:
Gilmour would have counted in that then :D

In all seriousness i'm glad we didn't go for him. He's been a great servant for Saints but in reality we had little to gain from taking a 32 year old second rower rejected by Saints on.

We have players as good as Gilmour in the squad already with lads waiting in the wings who can potentailly become as good in the near future.


Oh yeh thats right he would :lol: but still my point still stands that he is not long term. If we could get 10 players in our 17 that is the backbone of a team sorted for years to come, it also means we would have more space on the cap to blow on some proper stars from overseas.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 741
Rep Position: 13th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23249
Location: WIGAN
odemwingie wrote:
Oh yeh thats right he would :lol: but still my point still stands that he is not long term. If we could get 10 players in our 17 that is the backbone of a team sorted for years to come, it also means we would have more space on the cap to blow on some proper stars from overseas.


The whole point of scrapping releagtion has to be to help us produce more homegrown talent and improve Englands player pool. Clubs can afford to give young players a shot because theres no threat hanging over them but i suppose clubs like Wigan still want to achieve success aswell.

I don't see any reason why we can't have both success and a steady stream of young players coming into the side aslong as the core of the side is experienced and of the right quality.

Thats why the 2 signings we need have to be of the highest quality possible.
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 pm
Posted by Odem on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 pm
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 268th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12857
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
NickyKiss wrote:
The whole point of scrapping releagtion has to be to help us produce more homegrown talent and improve Englands player pool. Clubs can afford to give young players a shot because theres no threat hanging over them but i suppose clubs like Wigan still want to achieve success aswell.

I don't see any reason why we can't have both success and a steady stream of young players coming into the side aslong as the core of the side is experienced and of the right quality.

Thats why the 2 signings we need have to be of the highest quality possible.


In that case I know for a fact you will be let down.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 pm
Posted by NickyKiss on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 741
Rep Position: 13th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23249
Location: WIGAN
odemwingie wrote:


In that case I know for a fact you will be let down.


I'm not holding my breath for us signing top draw players.

Darrell Griffin and Danny Brough are my bets :(
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angelus, apollosghost, Azul, Cherry_&_White, ChrisA, DannyT, Edinburgh Warrior, FearTheVee, Itchy Arsenal, keyrox, Majestic-12 [Bot], MR FRISK, Redvee69, stpatricks, Sweaty Betty's, tangerine, The Yellow Giraffe and 186 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,966,6352,03777,8414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28