FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Castleford at home
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:43 pm  
Dupree is the most natural fit for 2nd row IMO but it'll be interesting to see what Peet's back up plan is.
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm  
MadDogg wrote:
Dupree is the most natural fit for 2nd row IMO but it'll be interesting to see what Peet's back up plan is.

Yea or could Ellis do a job for us there. Stick O’Neil at 13 and Leeming at dummy half. Or stick chan on to replace Dupree if he’s tired
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm  
Mago has gone well at loose too when he's played there.
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:08 pm  
Was the Nsemba tackle the one where the Cas player went off injured? If it was he’ll certainly pick up a ban. Not malicious but poor technique.
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:30 pm  
apollosghost wrote:
If we end up having to shoe horn somebody in I'd probably go for Miski, no idea what his in the middle defence is like and he probably doesn't know either but I wouldn't have any worries about his carting the ball up ability.
Who knows though, maybe MP will decide to give one of the young lads who played in the reserves yesterday a crack.

Beardsworth would be the best option from the Reserves, defence is excellent but go forward is not (just yet). TBH I think they will go with Chan.
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 pm  
If he gets a ban for that I can only say it’s an absolutely pish rule.

What game am I actually watching
Re: Castleford at home : Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:48 pm  
tugglesf78 wrote:
If he gets a ban for that I can only say it’s an absolutely pish rule.

What game am I actually watching

The way the game is now its a definite ban. I thought the cas player was really unlucky to get 5 for the Isa tackle last week. So im expecting something similar depending how long the player is out for.

I dont agree that should come into the ban but it does .
Re: Castleford at home : Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:12 pm  
Looks like Nsemba hasn't been cited and is free to play on Friday.
Re: Castleford at home : Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:21 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
Looks like Nsemba hasn't been cited and is free to play on Friday.

Lucky escape and I’ll imagine a few Cas fans will be annoyed with that, rightly so after the ban last week.

We’ll need Nsemba against KR. Be a difficult game against them but Catalan showed big pack can dominate them and they couldn’t match their intensity
Re: Castleford at home : Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:28 pm  
WWste wrote:
Lucky escape and I’ll imagine a few Cas fans will be annoyed with that, rightly so after the ban last week.

We’ll need Nsemba against KR. Be a difficult game against them but Catalan showed big pack can dominate them and they couldn’t match their intensity

We've got a couple of tough games coming up. Catalans have lost Micky Mac for this week and our game with a 2 match ban btw.

In terms of Nsemba, I think he's fortunate based on what has come before but I do think it's vastly different to the case of the Cas player. He was very harshly treated to get 5 games but he didn't need to put himself in the position he did. In the case of Nsemba, he was just completing a standard tackle and he got swing around by the attacker dipping to his left. One was clumsy and the other a total accident but 5 games was definitely OTT for Namo.
PreviousNext