WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Watson to Hull

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Watson to Hull

Re: Watson to Hull Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:06 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14384
ralvag wrote:
How refreshing is it for someone to actually answer a question on speculation.

Do you think it will do any good? I fully expect it to fuel more speculation.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Watson to Hull Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Would still be very surprised if hes at Salford next year.
Re: Watson to Hull Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24674
Location: WIGAN
From what I’ve read it basically sounds like he’s said the time isn’t right to move from the North West to Hull due to his children’s schooling but he says he’s ambitious and would eventually like to coach in the NRL. If Wigan or Wire went in for him it sounds like he’d take it IMO.
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 am  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:59 am
Posts: 8392

NickyKiss wrote:
From what I’ve read it basically sounds like he’s said the time isn’t right to move from the North West to Hull due to his children’s schooling but he says he’s ambitious and would eventually like to coach in the NRL. If Wigan or Wire went in for him it sounds like he’d take it IMO.


I was surprised Saints didn’t get him whilst they had the opportunity after JM left.

He seems destined for one of the big clubs and I suspect Saints won’t hesitate next time.
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:37 am  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 651
Location: smelly warrington unfortunately
Watson probably doesn't fancy working for Pearson as i imagine he's not the nicest person to work for going by the way he treated Lee Radford
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:13 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 874
If it is true that Watson is staying at Salford then he has more sense than what some on here think he has!
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:20 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 874
If it is true that Watson is staying at Salford then he has more sense than what some on here think he has!

Why leave a secure job, especially in the present covid situation.
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:40 am  

ralvag wrote:
ralvag Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:44 pm
Posts: 20
Grimmy wrote:
Do you think it will do any good? I fully expect it to fuel more speculation.


I think it's put the Hull one to bed...but as others have said, he's shown his head can be turned & I think it opens the door for Us/Wire/Saints as and when required.
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am  

Dave K. wrote:
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 19928
Location: Back in Hull.
warrior1872 wrote:
Watson probably doesn't fancy working for Pearson as i imagine he's not the nicest person to work for going by the way he treated Lee Radford


What like backing him with money and resources to win a Wembley twice and then backing him for a number of years when most fans wanted him out, sounds about right.

If anything Pearson was too loyal to Radford and he should have gone earlier.

And before you mention it, no he wasnt sacked on live TV.
Re: Watson to Hull Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:55 am  
The Yellow Giraffe User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 am
Posts: 3452
dany1979 wrote:
I was surprised Saints didn’t get him whilst they had the opportunity after JM left.

He seems destined for one of the big clubs and I suspect Saints won’t hesitate next time.


Saints spoke to him before appointing Woolf. It was down to those two. If he's still at Salford in 12 months time I wouldn't rule out Watson to Saints for 2022. But I imagine Wigan and Warrington both have him on the radar too. It may be a case of first come, first served from those 3 clubs.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Ashton Bears, Cbr1000rr, Choc Ice, ChrisA, CM Punk, Father Ted, FIOS, Grimmy, jonh, Lazy J, MadDogg, NickyKiss, S_Riley, sergeant pepper, Trainman, x43sflyer and 186 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,105,2511,28378,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X