FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
 Current LIVE TV Match : Bradford Bulls 18 - 8 York RLFC Knights Men LIVE ON VIAPLAY Holmes Try, Lilley Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New coach
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:20 am  
Has the CEO/owner made any updates/comments on when/if there will be a new coach/manager.
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:26 am  
wire-quin wrote:
Has the CEO/owner made any updates/comments on when/if there will be a new coach/manager.


Don't think anything has been said since Mustard left and Eccles stepped in.
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:30 am  
I doubt anything will change this season, so I'm not expecting much on this front

If they do ask Eccles if he want it, his first question should be what's my budget for hiring players next year, will you fund a team capable of making the playoffs.
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:49 am  
wire-quin wrote:
Has the CEO/owner made any updates/comments on when/if there will be a new coach/manager.

They're still trying to figure out how they'll spin 2022 out as anything other than an abject failure.
Hughes should F-off but not before binning lobster boy
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:37 am  
The problem you have (IMO) is that any half decent UK player is not going to sign for PT money paying big city prices for everything when he can stay in the M62 corridor and ply his trade. Result is you get journeymen/untested Aussies/Kiwis. Pay the money Mr Hughes or forget it. I wait to be hanged.
Re: New coach : Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:12 pm  
DaveP65 wrote:
The problem you have (IMO) is that any half decent UK player is not going to sign for PT money paying big city prices for everything when he can stay in the M62 corridor and ply his trade. Result is you get journeymen/untested Aussies/Kiwis. Pay the money Mr Hughes or forget it. I wait to be hanged.


In addition, it makes it even less likely we can retain talent developed through our own academy.
Re: New coach : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:16 am  
I've been contacted by a couple of friends up north. They don't know each other but have both heard rumours Anthony Murray will be coach at Broncos next season. It's already confirmed he's leaving North Wales Crusaders, suggesting he has a job lined up with someone currently in situ.

Whether there's any truth in this or its just 2+2=5 remains to be seen.

There's a couple of postings saying the same on the other forum. One states it's a complete guess,the other provides no evidence or source information.
Re: New coach : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 am  
I think Murray has done an awesome job at Crus, (they could get promoted this year), but if it is him, he needs to be given a proper budget, and not expected that LB squad will be full of Crus players next year.

Yes the Crusaders are much better than Skolars, but its still a L1 team who would be bottom 4 of champ next year if they go up
Re: New coach : Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:42 am  
crashmon wrote:
I think Murray has done an awesome job at Crus, (they could get promoted this year), but if it is him, he needs to be given a proper budget, and not expected that LB squad will be full of Crus players next year.

Yes the Crusaders are much better than Skolars, but its still a L1 team who would be bottom 4 of champ next year if they go up

Sigh.....it's that depressing that it'll probably happen.........sigh.
This f567ing club will never learn :BEAT: :BEAT:
Re: New coach : Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:51 am  
orangeman wrote:
Sigh.....it's that depressing that it'll probably happen.........sigh.
This f567ing club will never learn :BEAT: :BEAT:


Couldn't agree more. If that is the case, call the clubb something else, move them to Ebbsfleet then I can forget all about my 42 years of RL.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deadcowboys1, Hockley Bronco, northernbloke, Smithers99, The Don and 121 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos