RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New coach
Re: New coach Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:08 pm  
Re: New coach
Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:08 pm  

Victor wrote:
Victor Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Posts: 538
Member for 2 years
I fear that we may have missed the boat as far as drawing a decent crowd at Wimbledon.
Had we had a decent team and got some wins under our belts we may have had a chance, but now I believe it is probably too late.
Remember. You never get a second chance to make a first impression!
Re: New coach Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:50 pm  
Re: New coach
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:50 pm  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1119
Member for 1 year
Victor wrote:
I fear that we may have missed the boat as far as drawing a decent crowd at Wimbledon.
Had we had a decent team and got some wins under our belts we may have had a chance, but now I believe it is probably too late.
Remember. You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Absolutely Victor. Plan in haste repent at leisure. Time will tell if we’ve messed this up. All entirely predictable.
Re: New coach Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 am  
Re: New coach
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:13 am  

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 1412
Member for 2 years
BigTime wrote:
Time will tell if we’ve messed this up.

No need to wait for Time to tell you BT. I'll tell you.....they've butchered it as expertly as a city and guilds final year apprentice butcher.
I'm
Re: New coach Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:06 am  
Re: New coach
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:06 am  

User avatarDeadcowboys1 wrote:
Deadcowboys1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 1351
Member for 12 years
orangeman wrote:
No need to wait for Time to tell you BT. I'll tell you.....they've butchered it as expertly as a city and guilds final year apprentice butcher.
I'm


You're what?
Re: New coach Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:20 pm  
Re: New coach
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:20 pm  

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 1412
Member for 2 years
Deadcowboys1 wrote:
You're what?

At a loss for words :shock:
Hughes silence is telling. He warned in his pre season begging letter that it may look like it wasn't working and to both the untrained and old hands of Broncos shenanigans, that's exactly what it currently looks like. From proudly banging the drum for the opening gate they've started witholding attendance figures, whilst blowing the corporate trumpet ignoring the fact they've discounted corporate across the board.
The sooner Hughes admits he was AGAIN fed bullcrap and AGAIN allowed someone to steal a wage on the back of blaming everyone but themselves, then the sooner he can look at practical solutions.
As for the on the pitch issues. That's 100% Hughes' doing. We need 3 more wins and he needs to buy or rent us the players to do it. If we defeat town at home then it's a straight sprint between us and dewsbury......Hughes can make 5his a memorable year by admitting he was wrong and putting things right, but NOW....not when it's too late
Re: New coach Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:14 pm  
Re: New coach
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:14 pm  

User avatarDeadcowboys1 wrote:
Deadcowboys1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 1351
Member for 12 years
orangeman wrote:
At a loss for words :shock:
Hughes silence is telling. He warned in his pre season begging letter that it may look like it wasn't working and to both the untrained and old hands of Broncos shenanigans, that's exactly what it currently looks like. From proudly banging the drum for the opening gate they've started witholding attendance figures, whilst blowing the corporate trumpet ignoring the fact they've discounted corporate across the board.
The sooner Hughes admits he was AGAIN fed bullcrap and AGAIN allowed someone to steal a wage on the back of blaming everyone but themselves, then the sooner he can look at practical solutions.
As for the on the pitch issues. That's 100% Hughes' doing. We need 3 more wins and he needs to buy or rent us the players to do it. If we defeat town at home then it's a straight sprint between us and dewsbury......Hughes can make 5his a memorable year by admitting he was wrong and putting things right, but NOW....not when it's too late


Thanks for finishing that off. It has been a worry all day pondering:
I'm going to throw myself off a tall building
I'm going to run off with the au pair
I'm jumping on a plane to punch Hughes on the nose

The options are endless but now we know. :D
Re: New coach Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am  
Re: New coach
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am  

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 1412
Member for 2 years
Deadcowboys1 wrote:
Thanks for finishing that off. It has been a worry all day pondering:
I'm going to throw myself off a tall building
I'm going to run off with the au pair
I'm jumping on a plane to punch Hughes on the nose

The options are endless but now we know. :D

May 2023 is the next European expedition scheduled and for the first time since we left in 2009 I am not sure I'll bother with the broncos......I am keener to see the new Brentford stadium.
Re: New coach Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:34 am  
Re: New coach
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:34 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4716
Location: Twickenham
Member for 21 years
orangeman wrote:
May 2023 is the next European expedition scheduled and for the first time since we left in 2009 I am not sure I'll bother with the broncos......I am keener to see the new Brentford stadium.


Watch the women's team. They are well organised and competitive. As for Hughes, his silence shows contempt for fans.
Re: New coach Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm  
Re: New coach
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm  

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1119
Member for 1 year
A month now since our brand new, much lauded, coaching team departed after a predictable but nonetheless disappointing start to the season. (FWIW It probably came a bit later than it should but I thought both sides handled the comms around it with some dignity.)

Have I missed the announcement or are we dawdling again or was no one interested in the job. Eccles seems to be doing well but he said he didn’t want to be a coach and one assumes there is a slightly different skill set from the now vacant fitness post and the vacant coach and assistant posts. We can’t keep busking it and hope for the best. Surely?
Re: New coach Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:36 am  
Re: New coach
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:36 am  

User avatarRfE wrote:
RfE User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:39 am
Posts: 721
Member for 5 years
BigTime wrote:
A month now since our brand new, much lauded, coaching team departed after a predictable but nonetheless disappointing start to the season. (FWIW It probably came a bit later than it should but I thought both sides handled the comms around it with some dignity.)

Have I missed the announcement or are we dawdling again or was no one interested in the job. Eccles seems to be doing well but he said he didn’t want to be a coach and one assumes there is a slightly different skill set from the now vacant fitness post and the vacant coach and assistant posts. We can’t keep busking it and hope for the best. Surely?


Well we busked it and hoped for the best last season after Wardy's departure .......................
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'



' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
24s
Matty Russell signed
WalterWizard
73
44m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
24789
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1s
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
35s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35081
37s
A little concerning
dboy
8
1m
Stadium and other issues
Wollo-Wollo-
574
2m
Another player
Kick and cha
25
3m
2023 Staffing
gym bunny 1
46
4m
Shopping List 2023
pmarrow
3375
6m
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
7m
Transfer talk
Peter Goddar
704
7m
Announcements
Lefevbre
77
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Eddie Jones to RL
Cruncher
1
TODAY
A little concerning
dboy
8
TODAY
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
TODAY
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
2
TODAY
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
sergeant pep
7
TODAY
Foreign investment
micktheleyth
2
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Smiffy27
27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5617
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1598
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2582
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1468
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1527
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1670
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4421
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1932
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2516
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2428
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2360
England Top Group A With Big W..
2073
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1870
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3096
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2407
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.4Million +1793 ↓-1079,3129,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Thu 16th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Leeds
Fri 17th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leigh-Salford
Sat 18th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Hull KR-Wigan
WCC2023
07:00
Penrith-St.Helens
Thu 23rd Feb
SL-M
20:00
Salford-Hull KR
Fri 24th Feb
SL-M
20:00
Leeds-Hull FC
Sun 26th Feb
SL-M
13:00
Castleford-St.Helens
Thu 2nd Mar
SL-M
20:00
Warrington-Salford
Fri 3rd Mar
SL-M
20:00
St.Helens-Leeds
Thu 9th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Wigan-Catalans
Fri 10th Mar
SL-M
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sat 19th Nov
WC2022 6 Australia M30-10Samoa M
WWC2022 5 Australia W54-4New Zealand W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 0 0 0 0 0
Hull FC 0 0 0 0 0
Catalans 0 0 0 0 0
Huddersfield 0 0 0 0 0
Leigh 0 0 0 0 0
St.Helens 0 0 0 0 0
 
Castleford 0 0 0 0 0
Wakefield 0 0 0 0 0
Leeds 0 0 0 0 0
Hull KR 0 0 0 0 0
Warrington 0 0 0 0 0
Salford 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
24s
Matty Russell signed
WalterWizard
73
44m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
24789
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
1s
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
35s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
35081
37s
A little concerning
dboy
8
1m
Stadium and other issues
Wollo-Wollo-
574
2m
Another player
Kick and cha
25
3m
2023 Staffing
gym bunny 1
46
4m
Shopping List 2023
pmarrow
3375
6m
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
7m
Transfer talk
Peter Goddar
704
7m
Announcements
Lefevbre
77
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
Eddie Jones to RL
Cruncher
1
TODAY
A little concerning
dboy
8
TODAY
Retro Shirt
DiggerHFC
1
TODAY
O/T Poblems at Skolars
wire-quin
2
TODAY
Leigh to be a better prospect than Wigan in 1-2 years
sergeant pep
7
TODAY
Foreign investment
micktheleyth
2
TODAY
RIP Doddie Weir
wrencat1873
6
TODAY
Harry Newman
christopher
6
TODAY
Wire TV
rubber ducki
5
TODAY
Squad complete Whats your starting 13 4
Smiffy27
27
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Australia World Champions Agai..
5617
Jillaroos Demolish the Ferns t..
1598
England Beat France in Nail-bi..
2582
New Zealand Ferns Final Bound ..
1468
Australia Power Into Womens Fi..
1527
Samoa Into the Final As Englis..
1670
Australia Squeeze Into The Fin..
4421
Jilleroos Scrape Home Against ..
1932
Cook Islands Sign Off With Vic..
2516
England 19-man squad for RLWC ..
2428
St Helens to face Penrith Pant..
2360
England Top Group A With Big W..
2073
Canada End World Cup With Tigh..
1870
Record Breaking Masterclass fr..
3096
Ferns Win As Cooks Score First..
2407


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!