FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 18 - 12 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Momirovski Try, Martin Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 40 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Hurrell Try, Percival Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 24 - 8 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Hampshire Try, Smith Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Workington game.
RfE 
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain948
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 05 20186 years156th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 12:3010th Apr 24 20:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'

' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison

Re: Workington game. : Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm  
crashmon wrote:
To be fair, I felt the first few years at trailfinders we had turned a corner up to the SL season in 2019, and was on the right track. But since the relegation from Super League every decision has been the wrong one

Whilst I was shocked at how poor the facilities were when we first pitched up at Trailfinders, I think we played some of our best rugby for years there.
As you say it looked like we turned a corner there - but as per DH has managed to stuff it up.
jbuzza 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5066
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 09 200222 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 19:2410th Apr 24 19:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Gus Mackay we salute you!!

Re: Workington game. : Fri May 27, 2022 7:57 pm  
RfE wrote:
Whilst I was shocked at how poor the facilities were when we first pitched up at Trailfinders, I think we played some of our best rugby for years there.
As you say it looked like we turned a corner there - but as per DH has managed to stuff it up.

Danny Ward built a team that was way more than the sums of its parts at Trailfinders. We've had better players before but I'm not sure we ever had such a determined team. Hughes has let that all slip away.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1637No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 04:0319th Apr 24 20:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Sat May 28, 2022 12:04 am  
Bent&Bongser wrote:
Evening Orangeman, hope you are well?

Bongser quite liked the litotes of Big Time's last sentence but is getting the feeling that you don't like Hughes very much. :wink:

Bongser buddy.....I defended Hughes when the RFL/SL Clubs/Lenegan left him holding the baby, but any support I had for him started to erode after the appointment of McKay, as well as his refusal to deal with McDermott's continued years of below average results, appointment of powell, returning to broncos but with a children's logo and the need to put RL on the url when RL was given as the reason for the change, the move away from the stoop with 225k rent cited as the reason (we pay the same if not more now in Wimbledon)......and buckets of poor decisions and recruitment since. Make no mistake....promotion to SL was a fluke and his reaction to relegation and then rejection in 2021 has been to throw his toys out of the pram and defund the club. So yeah.....I'm not a fan
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player67
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 20222 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Aug 23 02:588th Aug 23 02:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Sat May 28, 2022 11:39 pm  
Victor wrote:
I have decided to bite the bullet and have booked to go to Workington for our game.
I hope a few others will turn up too. I include the team in that.
2 more of us will be joining you and the merry band up at Workington Victor. London ! London !
Victor 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 21 20204 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 16:5918th Apr 24 16:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 am  
Lefevbre wrote:
2 more of us will be joining you and the merry band up at Workington Victor. London ! London !

I am pleased to hear that. The last time I was at a game at Workington, there were eight of us.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player67
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 20222 years295th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Aug 23 02:588th Aug 23 02:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Sun May 29, 2022 10:27 pm  
Victor wrote:
I am pleased to hear that. The last time I was at a game at Workington, there were eight of us.

General admission currently £12 on the Workington website
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1637No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 years69th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 04:0319th Apr 24 20:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Mon May 30, 2022 12:49 am  
Lefevbre wrote:

and...U15's FREE*, U12's must be supervised. *FREE as long as wearing your community sports or club colours!
Gates, Fanzone, Club Shop and Gus Risman bar open from 11am! Live Music in the Gus Risman FANZONE from LAKES ENTERTAINMENT from 2:30pm!

This brings up the debate about how do you add value to something after it has been free, but for me, London Broncos 2023 (if they exist) need a total rethink on pricing and the overall offering on matchday..........
If it were me.......
£15 General Admission pre-pay
£20 General Admission on the door
£35 Posh Lounge pre-pay
£50 Posh Lounge on the door
U18's FOC pre-ordered/join supporters club
Over 65's FOC pre-ordered/join supporters club
Student's/Concessions £5 pre-ordered/join supporters club
SERVICES £5 (Armed forces, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Nurses, Doctors etc) pre-ordered/join supporters club
ST Standard £150 - comes with a Broncos Hat & Lanyard to hold Membership Card
ST Posh £400 - comes with a Broncos Hat & Training Shirt as well as a Lanyard to hold Membership Card & 4 "mates tickets" to be redeemed online by registering the mate to receive a post match questionnaire. Posh ST also gets to go to a launch event, with food, interviews with coach, owner, skipper etc as well as a ticket to the end of year awards and the option to buy one more. Pre match they get to hear the thoughts of the coach and they're joined at their table by a non-playing squad member or senior back office member during the service of the meal.

In terms of post match, I see no benefit in ringfencing this to the posh tickets and would like to see this done in the public area. The club needs to get back to being a club and connecting with its few remaining fans as well as attracting new ones and having a post match party for EVERYONE is a good start.

Buck & Dusty need to be on duty for 90 minutes before and after the game, an inflatable or some such other for the kids in the fanzone and incentivise people to come early. If there's to be no programme, then at least create one that can be downloaded on match day, with the team sheets etc.....

anyway...back to Town.
They were in the game v Barow and Barley lately, with only Leigh spanking them, so this is too tight to call. Whomever wins, I suspect it'll be by 1 score.....good luck and safe travels to those going!
Lefevbre wrote:

and...U15's FREE*, U12's must be supervised. *FREE as long as wearing your community sports or club colours!
Gates, Fanzone, Club Shop and Gus Risman bar open from 11am! Live Music in the Gus Risman FANZONE from LAKES ENTERTAINMENT from 2:30pm!

This brings up the debate about how do you add value to something after it has been free, but for me, London Broncos 2023 (if they exist) need a total rethink on pricing and the overall offering on matchday..........
If it were me.......
£35 Posh Lounge pre-pay
SERVICES £5 (Armed forces, Police, Fire, Ambulance, Nurses, Doctors etc) pre-ordered/join supporters club
ST Posh £400 - comes with a Broncos Hat & Training Shirt as well as a Lanyard to hold Membership Card & 4 "mates tickets" to be redeemed online by registering the mate to receive a post match questionnaire. Posh ST also gets to go to a launch event, with food, interviews with coach, owner, skipper etc as well as a ticket to the end of year awards and the option to buy one more. Pre match they get to hear the thoughts of the coach and they're joined at their table by a non-playing squad member or senior back office member during the service of the meal.

In terms of post match, I see no benefit in ringfencing this to the posh tickets and would like to see this done in the public area. The club needs to get back to being a club and connecting with its few remaining fans as well as attracting new ones and having a post match party for EVERYONE is a good start.

Buck & Dusty need to be on duty for 90 minutes before and after the game, an inflatable or some such other for the kids in the fanzone and incentivise people to come early. If there's to be no programme, then at least create one that can be downloaded on match day, with the team sheets etc.....

anyway...back to Town.
They were in the game v Barow and Barley lately, with only Leigh spanking them, so this is too tight to call. Whomever wins, I suspect it'll be by 1 score.....good luck and safe travels to those going!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years159th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 09:4212th Jul 23 05:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Workington game. : Mon May 30, 2022 7:50 am  
orangeman wrote:

If it were me.......
£35 Posh Lounge pre-pay

anyway...back to Town.

Do you ever write short posts?? I can’t remember the last time I read one
Youre like a yank/Aussie (maybe it’s drifted to NZ) whereby they contextualise everything and rabbit on resulting in there message getting lost.
Have you ever heard of the term executive summary?
orangeman wrote:

If it were me.......
£35 Posh Lounge pre-pay

anyway...back to Town.

Youre like a yank/Aussie (maybe it’s drifted to NZ) whereby they contextualise everything and rabbit on resulting in there message getting lost.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1857
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 years56th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:4019th Apr 24 15:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Mon May 30, 2022 8:41 am  
wire-quin wrote:

Fair is fair it’s a long post but a decent one. On the issue of match day experience I’m happy to hear anyone’s thoughts as the club don’t appear to be putting much thought in, or if they are, they aren’t articulating it.
Victor 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 21 20204 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 16:5918th Apr 24 16:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Workington game. : Mon May 30, 2022 10:41 am  
I have to agree that the matchday experience is poor.
To get first time attendees to return, you have to make some effort.
The club offers nothing for kids and they are the future. If there is a future ?
PreviousNext