7th Feb 24 10:5912th Jul 23 05:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:07 pm  
I hope you are well?

I would like to invite you to a meeting with the Broncos CEO Jason Loubser, myself, and a small group of fellow Broncos supporters to allow us to hear some of your feedback on all aspects of the club and give us an opportunity to take on board your thoughts and feelings as well as answer any questions we can that you may have.

You have been selected from a group of pass holders, or former pass holders, that we feel will give us honest assessments which will provide us with constructive feedback to take forward. It was important for us to try and get a broad demographic of fan and people so there is a mixture of men and women of all ages invited.

If you are able and willing to meet somewhere in Central London on the evening of the 2nd September could you please let me know and I will send you final details once I have arranged a venue. It will likely be a pub where we can accommodate a group of 12 of us and have a drink and discussion without too much noise or disturbance.

I do sincerely hope you can join us and look forward to hearing back from you.

James Milner
Head of Commercial
London Broncos Rugby League
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:08 pm  
Seems a little late in the season but better than not at all
Possibly preparation for Wimbledon who knows
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1810
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 19:4818th Mar 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:54 pm  
Oh Here we go.
Should be interesting. Yes I suspect it’s about how to make PL a success bearing in mind the large drop in attendees at Ealing.
You’ll be more aware than me of the big old number of things to add to their to do list but I think 3 fairly uncontentious things are:
Indicating they allocate some time to how people can park near PL.This forum suggests if they don’t it could hit attendances.
The benefits of signing players other than at the last minute. Difficult financial situation but literally every other club did.
Doing something to attract kids. Kids Season Ticket - very good price, kids walk up price, until recently- very bad. Very few kids/U16s attend which doesn’t bode well for the future
I’m also not sure their radio silence approach was the best although I can see that C19 will have raised a number of challenges, financial and otherwise, that may have left them flummoxed.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:09 pm  
BigTime wrote:
Oh Here we go.
Should be interesting. Yes I suspect it’s about how to make PL a success bearing in mind the large drop in attendees at Ealing.
You’ll be more aware than me of the big old number of things to add to their to do list but I think 3 fairly uncontentious things are:
Indicating they allocate some time to how people can park near PL.This forum suggests if they don’t it could hit attendances.
The benefits of signing players other than at the last minute. Difficult financial situation but literally every other club did.
Doing something to attract kids. Kids Season Ticket - very good price, kids walk up price, until recently- very bad. Very few kids/U16s attend which doesn’t bode well for the future
I’m also not sure their radio silence approach was the best although I can see that C19 will have raised a number of challenges, financial and otherwise, that may have left them flummoxed.

Some good points
If anyone else has any I’m happy to feed them in
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1624No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 01:1118th Mar 24 01:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:47 pm  
Gutted I didn't get the invite......I've become a wizard at zoom meetings :D
The number 12 points to a last supper scenario.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Mac out!

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:35 pm  
orangeman wrote:
Gutted I didn't get the invite......I've become a wizard at zoom meetings :D
The number 12 points to a last supper scenario.

Got your 20 point plan at hand, maybe a Wimbledon version !
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1624No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:45 pm  
wire-quin wrote:

Searching for florists near roundabouts as I type. :mrgreen:
RankPostsTeam
International Star1663No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 29 201013 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 20:1618th Mar 24 16:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:05 pm  
orangeman wrote:
Searching for florists near roundabouts as I type. :mrgreen:

Your best bet is outside Tooting Broadway station or Earlsfield. You could always nick some from Lambeth Crematorium I guess. Try putting them on either of the 2 roundabouts & SPLAT!! :lol:
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1624No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:16 pm  
wire-quin wrote:

Can't be bothered editing it, but the premise is the same
20 Point Plan for Harlequins Rugby League for the 2010 season of Superleague.

1. Obtain the name and contact details (Postal, email, Mobile) for every single recipient of a “discounted/offer” ticket in 2010. This should start with every ticket sold for the WCC warm up game in February and be a requirement all season.
2. The moment that a game has taken place, these people should be asked to answer a short survey about the experience in return for a repeat discounted ticket to the next game. This database should also be used virally, with regular offers for 4 for 2 offers if you bring 3 new friends etc......and the data must be managed correctly.
3. Every company employing more than 50 people in the Borough should be offered a free family ticket for each MD with corporate Hospitality (Food, not booze). Everyone who takes up this offer should also receive 10 free match day tickets for the next home game for their staff. They should also be sent a questionnaire asking if they enjoyed the day and if they would ever consider using the Stoop for corporate hospitality.
4. Australians! Love them or hate them, they are important to our crowds. I have heard it said that TW2 is a “bugger to get to”, but find it hard to believe that a nation that thinks nothing of driving hundreds of Km’s has a problem with jumping on 2 trains from the Bush or a couple of buses. I know that the Walkabout in the Bush is an AFL pub, but surely it is in the publicans’ interest to promote all sports to his customers. The Redback in Acton offered a free shuttle bus from the Kings Bar to the venue for a few games this season, so it can be done.
5. Above the line advertising is risky, but you really can’t make an omelette without cracking eggs and I believe that the safest bet for the club is Arcadia Magazine. Some form of ATL needs to be attempted, as our existence is unknown outside of our own fan base.
6. Arcadia is the residents' magazine from the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, produced up to six times a year and distributed to 80,000 homes and selected organisations in Barnes, East Sheen, Ham, The Hamptons, Heathfield, Kew, Mortlake, Petersham, Richmond, St Margarets, Teddington, Twickenham and Whitton. The rate-card for a 1 page advert is £1,400, but anyone in marketing/advertising will tell you that rate-card is rarely achieved. I believe the offer in this magazine should be either for £5 a ticket or £12 for a family of 4. Again, data must be collected and the reaction of these visitors assessed with further offers being sent to them. If 93 people of the 80,000 circulation came to a game after the initial offer and paid £15 for a ticket, the ad will have paid for itself..........that’s 0.0011625% response. No Brainer!
7. On the subject of family tickets, I believe that the South Stand should be designated a family stand. No away fans should be allowed here and Buck’n’Dusty together with 3 cheerleaders should be based at the front of it. As Arcadia goes to every school in the area, head teachers/sports masters should also be offered free tickets to certain age groups throughout the season.
8. Local radio. I have been informed that radio stations charge a hefty sum to broadcast competitions so I would make them an offer, if we are to persist down the “dance/yoof” market that they get co-branding of the event, plus competition winner prizes for any such event.
9. Communication between the club and its fans has improved out of all recognition this year but needs to be more regular. The e-zine should be delivered at the same time on the same day (Wednesday) every week, with a second email once the 19 man squad is announced and a third on match day. The club should also run weekly competitions on the web site with jerseys, shop vouchers etc offered as prizes. The internet is the future of communication and marketing and needs to be utilised to the full. It is the most cost effective route to market.
10. Current fans need to be canvassed for their thoughts on a regular basis. I don’t mean that the club should open the East/West can of worms fortnightly, but the general feelings of the long term fans should be listen to as these are the people who have followed the club over the years and who have all brought “newbies” to the games......they know what the reactions have been from previous attempt to convert people.
11. Twickenham Station: This is a real bone of contention for me. Very few people in the area know we exist and yet, the best way to let them know sits unused. It is estimated that 75,000 people a day use Twickenham Station, so why not sponsor it, get a local florist/landscaper to fill the place with colourful plants and occasionally have players/cheerleaders handing out flyers to commuters in the evening.
12. I still say (as I did in 2003/2004/2005.........that we should get the cheerleaders and a few players outside “the 19” selling advance tickets to games in Local/Targeted pubs the night before games. Sorry if the next statement upsets anyone on here or at the Club, but guess what? SEX SELLS! I make no bones about this. If you doubt it, I suggest you you-tube the Cadbury flake adverts over the last 25 years.
13. Away games. The club can easily fill a bus to away games if it tries. Those that travelled to Wales/Wakey know that all it took was a few emails, a couple of RL fans posts and facebook, so the club need to look into this. At £17 a ticket to fill a 72 seater to the M62, there will be enough takers and it really does lift the team.
14. Loyal & Loud! The ranks of the L&L need to be swelled. Stuck in the middle of the East, they all have a good view of the pitch, but their “noise” is less projected due to the height of the roof and the distance from the sides of the stands. There is no way that they should be moved, so more people need to be recruited to fill a block. I have no idea how to do this, but “choir practice” from January, in say the Cabbage Patch might be an idea........any excuse and all that!
15. Local Pubs. I posted a while back the idea of targeting 1 pub nearest each station on the route into Richmond/Twickenham. I believe that this long term strategy will attract small groups from each pub to start with, which will hopefully grow over time. Every pub should get a framed fixture list, regular posters sent to them advertising games/offers and each home game they should be entered into a draw for a free signed shirt. During the wendyball season this may not bear fruit, but come May-August, we should see a fair uptake.
16. The Skolars. Again, a topic on which I have been very vocal over the years. The annual game between us is now geared more towards our North London Cousins than us and as such, I believe that they should seriously look at reciprocating this assistance during the season by playing Leigh Centurians, at the Stoop in a double header. Logistically, this can be arranged now if the RFL are made aware of the plan. The games should be marketed HARD and it should be billed as the London Rugby League 30yr Birthday Double Header. I would fill the south stand with free Kids tickets and by fill, I mean fill it. No stone should be left unturned and no avenue not explored/exploited. If the club are going to go down the dance/yoof market again, then this would be the game for it. It should be marketed as a festival of Rugby, with maybe an amateur game on first.
17. As has been suggested before, all of the Services should be invited to our games at a heavily discounted rate. Army, Navy, RAF, Old Bill, Nurses, Doctors, etc...should be targeted on a regular basis. This is an opportunity to gain some decent PR as well as attract potential new regular fans and should be pushed all season
18. Brentford Fans: May to August would see about 6 games where Brentford FC have no games. Why not offer a £40 mini-ST to these people? There is a bus direct from TW8 to TW2 which takes 15 minutes and I am sure that we would see a fair amount of fans take up the offer if it was available. Next Summer, the World Cup will be against us with the RUWC the following year, so we need to be clever how this is marketed. If a WC game finishes at 4pm, then move our KO to 5/5.30pm. If SKY are in attendance, show the WC game on the BIG SCREEN before hand. I am sure there are other clubs in other sports we could extend this special offer to and a few from each will add to our gates.
19. The Jesters Club. Having not eaten there, I can only assume hat this has been fairly well attended, given the fact that the club stuck with it throughout the year. In 2010 I would continue to provide the 3 course option menu and to expand it to a Full Sunday Lunch option on Sundays. I believe that the partition should come down after half time opening up the entire bar for the post match party. Whilst I am all for the membership card scheme for after the game, I would prefer to see the players presentation done in the Kings Bar where all fans can see the players. The jesters post match is fine, but it does seem a little belt and braces by having stuff repeated. The average fan next year will be in the £99 bracket, so why not open up access to the players and get the club BACK TO FEELING LIKE A CLUB.
20. Lastly and maybe most controversial, I would give the free ST back to every registered amateur player in London. I would do this, purely on the basis of use it or lose it and I would get the General Manager of each club involved. If it requires a subsidised bus then so be it, but these guys are the future of the game in London. Their Kids are the future fans/players in London and we need to get them to games. I would go as far as to offer them discounted Jesters meals, discounted merchandise in the store and give them a free draw all season for the chance to play a curtain raiser on the TW2 pitch. Those fans that have already or are soon to renew their ST’s should have no problem with this as it is in the interest of the club to get more fans (and regular ones at that) through the gates.

So, there you have it. I have laid out my stall for the 2010 season and will watch for results (and attendance figures) with interest from the other side of the planet. I have included loads of free tickets and this is something the club have steered away from in the past, but I believe that if done properly, with resource and follow up activity, it will bear fruit.
I again repeat that the above is not a blueprint for success, just the musings of a part-time fan. If any are used, I will claim that they were my ideas, but if they are used and fail, I will say I stole them from someone else..............all I know is this. I want nothing more than a competitive team at The Stoop, both on and off the pitch!
Lastly, I have suggested Arcadia Mgazine and Twickenham Station as the only two activities that would involve an outlay of cash. The rest would be a "reduced revenue" activity, with cheap or free tickets used to attract people in. These same people may well spend cash in the bars or at the consessions, as well as in the store and hopefully the ticket office for future games but they would be addditional fans and therefore cost the club nothing other than a few extra £6 an hour stewards.

PS. POINT 21:
London professional RL is 30yrs old next year. Why not milk that for all we can with invites to the fans of clubs of every club we have ever played at to our first game of the season v the NRL Champs? An open invite to every ST holder at those clubs to come to the stoop for £5 with a free pint of beer (a la last weekend back at the stoop), together with free entry to anyone who is 30yrs old at the time of the game? Free entry to 30yr olds would surely attract some media attention.....wouldn’t it?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1810
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 24 20213 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 19:4818th Mar 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans consultation : Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:26 pm  
Lots of interesting stuff here OM much of which is still relevant. Point 4 about trying to get Aussies along would have been a really shrewd plan for Ealing. I suspect getting from the Bush to south of the river might be more difficult and less convenient and that there isn’t a ready made community thereabouts. Interactions with local pubs seems a really sound idea.
My overarching view is that the club needs to be innovative and will need to put some time and resource into a plan to raise attendances by quite a big percentage over the next couple of years as current rates aren’t sustainable. Sadly there is likely to be a cost but now is the time to speculate to accumulate and if we don’t back up the expensive new match day venue and dual training pitches with an equal effort to get a reasonable crowd in then it really was sheer madness to take that step.
I really don’t know what they are going to do but the clock is ticking so we’ll see.
Next