RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Academy kit
Re: Academy kit Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:25 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:25 pm  

User avatarjaybs wrote:
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:47 pm
Posts: 4956
Location: North West
Member for 20 years
Good to see the second first team shirt! in red! now we just need a ground!

No newsletter today from the club?
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 am  

User avatarjaybs wrote:
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:47 pm
Posts: 4956
Location: North West
Member for 20 years
So The Academy & Under 16's will play at Richmond FC for the next three years.
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:44 am  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:44 am  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4534
Location: Twickenham
Member for 20 years
jaybs wrote:
So The Academy & Under 16's will play at Richmond FC for the next three years.


Nice and handy for me, will be interesting to see when games are played.
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:58 pm  

Honkytonk wrote:
Honkytonk Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm
Posts: 1025
Member for 9 years
London Scottish announced that they will no longer be sharing the RAA ground with Richmond. They are moving to share with Esher until their new ground is complete. That will free up some saturdays to play.
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:05 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:05 pm  

Victor wrote:
Victor Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Posts: 444
Member for 2 years
I liked it when the Academy games were played before or after the First Team games. They were good games to watch.
I do understand though, that the plastic pitch was the reason that could happen.
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:27 pm  

User avatarRfE wrote:
RfE User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:39 am
Posts: 637
Member for 4 years
Victor wrote:
I liked it when the Academy games were played before or after the First Team games. They were good games to watch.
I do understand though, that the plastic pitch was the reason that could happen.


Yeah I'll miss watching those academy games, was worth getting to Ealing early on matchday. Was nice to try and spot a few potential future stars. I reckon a few Northern clubs had their scouts there doing the same thing!
Added to the sense that we were a club with the youngsters playing an early game and the first team following them.
Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number--
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you--
Ye are many -- they are few.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy'



' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:31 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:31 pm  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4534
Location: Twickenham
Member for 20 years
Honkytonk wrote:
London Scottish announced that they will no longer be sharing the RAA ground with Richmond. They are moving to share with Esher until their new ground is complete. That will free up some saturdays to play.


Ah OK, that explains things.
Re: Academy kit Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:53 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:53 pm  

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Member for 16 years
Where will the reserves play when that starts back up next year?
Mac out!
Re: Academy kit Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:59 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:59 pm  

northernbloke Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 2624
Member for 5 years
Its a 3 year deal
Re: Academy kit Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm  
Re: Academy kit
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm  

User avatarjbuzza wrote:
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member


Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:48 am
Posts: 4534
Location: Twickenham
Member for 20 years
northernbloke wrote:
Its a 3 year deal
But were reserves specifically mentioned ?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: actondave, FevGrinder, Halfdan of t'wide embrace, Hockley Bronco, jbuzza, Smithers99, Victor and 118 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos