Posted by jbuzza on Wed May 29, 2019 4:10 pm
jbuzza User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 139
Rep Position: 163rd / 77,818

Quiz Score: 0

northernbloke wrote:
More a look of where did that come from and how on earth did I score it, and relief.
The pass had momentum! Imo it came out of the hands backwards.
It's quite noticable that as mentioned in another thread one of our tries that looked like a true fwd pass is ignored by London fans.
Child could not have been better positioned for the myler try. He made the right call

Which pass are you talking about for the Myler try ? The one to Sutcliffe looked the more dubious one to me and Child didn't seem to be particularly close to that or have a great view as there were players in the way.

The Abdul pass to Pitts (which he then returned for the try) certainly did look forward. So I'm not sure we were robbed but neither am I convinced the ref got things right.
Re: Robbed
Post Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Wed May 29, 2019 9:47 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 940
Rep Position: 5th / 77,818

Quiz Score: 0

jbuzza wrote:
The Abdul pass to Pitts (which he then returned for the try) certainly did look forward. So I'm not sure we were robbed but neither am I convinced the ref got things right.

That pass was maybe a foot forward.....as I've posted on the VT

A couple of feet is momentum, but the fact the ball bounces a meter in front of it's intended recipient, who was travelling at the same speed as the passer and was 2 Meters behind him when the ball was passed, points to this being a forward pass, pure and simple.

London deserved to lose, because as usual they started both half's 10 minutes late, but Leeds can consider themselves very lucky if this decision either turns their season around or simply keeps them up......
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Previous