WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan
Re: Wigan
Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm
northernbloke Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 368
Rep Position: 38th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1802
Warrington looked pretty full tonight!
Not sure what you mean by pre loading games! It’s no different from any other season.
As for championship! What’s the difference to any other season 2 teams came up, and actually one SL team went down! So what’s wrong with looking at an increase in bums on seats and accepting the numbers.
But obviously it’s all made up.
London though, the indicator is going to be the home game against Catalans! That will show if the jump to SL has made any impact in the city!
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 am
Posted by wantawin on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:33 am
wantawin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am
Posts: 214
northernbloke wrote:
Warrington looked pretty full tonight!
Not sure what you mean by pre loading games! It’s no different from any other season.
As for championship! What’s the difference to any other season 2 teams came up, and actually one SL team went down! So what’s wrong with looking at an increase in bums on seats and accepting the numbers.
But obviously it’s all made up.
London though, the indicator is going to be the home game against Catalans! That will show if the jump to SL has made any impact in the city!

It still was not full and it was a local derby no comment about Huddersfield then.
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 pm
northernbloke Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 368
Rep Position: 38th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1802
Hudds v Hull 3 Mar 19 crowd 6000 plus
Hudds v Hull jul 18 crowd less than 5000

Like for like game!
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 pm
Posted by itsmeagain on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 pm
itsmeagain Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 196th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 484
Warrington by their own admission spent a fortune on a massive and expensive marketing campaign to get bums on seats. If a club like Warrington have to do this when playing a name like Wigan there really is no hope is there. In actual fact London are the only SL club who's crods have increased on last year.
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm
northernbloke Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 368
Rep Position: 38th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1802
SL figures have stated that gate numbers are up on last year or the first few rounds.
The RFL have stated that championship gates are up by a decent percentage on last year.
How that equates to london being the only team to have an increase am not sure.
If you choose to believe the figures published are false then that’s fine. Not quite sure where your assumption comes from though.
As for Warrington spending a fortune on a marketing campaign, can’t have it both ways, one team spend money on marketing it’s wrong! London spend very little on marketing it’s wrong!
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm
Posted by itsmeagain on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm
itsmeagain Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 196th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 484
Where did I say it was wrong to spend money on marketing, I said they had spent a fortune not that it was wrong, you read between the lines or put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. How do I think we are the only team with a real increase. Uhm last season we had approx 800 at games this season 2000+ logical really. As for championship gates being up overall - of course they are they now have 2 extra 'big gate' teams in that league. York and Bradford have always had a large gate.
Re: Wigan
Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm
northernbloke Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 368
Rep Position: 38th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1802
Did I say you? I made a statement about marketing, you will not have to look far on this forum to find comments about lack of marketing.
As for York and bradford,it’s good they are in championship then isn’t it? It’s increased the numbers actually watching the game at that level.
As for SL they are not including our numbers in the figures!
Point it both levels have reported increase in actual folk watching, and tv figures have increased. It’s contrary to the earlier comment that rugby league as a sport is being killed off by whoever.
Re: Wigan
Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 am
Posted by wantawin on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 am
wantawin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am
Posts: 214
northernbloke wrote:
Did I say you? I made a statement about marketing, you will not have to look far on this forum to find comments about lack of marketing.
As for York and bradford,it’s good they are in championship then isn’t it? It’s increased the numbers actually watching the game at that level.
As for SL they are not including our numbers in the figures!
Point it both levels have reported increase in actual folk watching, and tv figures have increased. It’s contrary to the earlier comment that rugby league as a sport is being killed off by whoever.

Interesting to see the support figures for league 1.
Re: Wigan
Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:02 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:02 pm
northernbloke Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 368
Rep Position: 38th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 1802
Agreed, any idea how many at Skolars yesterday?
Re: Wigan
Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 416
Rep Position: 28th / 77,690

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Sunny Southport
itsmeagain wrote:
Warrington by their own admission spent a fortune on a massive and expensive marketing campaign to get bums on seats. If a club like Warrington have to do this when playing a name like Wigan there really is no hope is there. In actual fact London are the only SL club who's crods have increased on last year.

Sorry to butt in but where is the “admission” from Warrington that they spent a fortune?
The club have certainly put a big effort into marketing, but I can’t see that editing clips together for a video, or getting a guy in a green gimp suit, or a wolf mascot to turn up at Saints in a mac will have cost that much.
Effort and imagination on a focussed audience is what we are seeing this year. Posters in Polish being another example.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jbuzza, Johnbulls and 68 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to London Broncos


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,923,3391,97877,6904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SALFORD
Sat 10th Aug 19:30
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sat 17th Aug 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 15th Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






27