FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Castleford away next
Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:56 pm  
Absolutely vital that the Broncos win at Castleford in their next match to try and save their season.
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:59 pm  
I don't hold out much hope as our players will be knackered from the pre-match warm-up. The Broncos official site has kick-off at 3pm on Friday!
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:06 pm  
Smithers99 wrote:
I don't hold out much hope as our players will be knackered from the pre-match warm-up. The Broncos official site has kick-off at 3pm on Friday!

8.pm is the kick off time as we both know.
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:36 pm  
I’ve seen Tigers in a few games. They’re not great but they’re better than Hull...who beat us. I hope we can do something in the game but I’m not massively hopeful. What will be disappointing is if we only score once and lose comfortably. If that happens I think the season is done.
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:43 pm  
BigTime wrote:
I’ve seen Tigers in a few games. They’re not great but they’re better than Hull...who beat us. I hope we can do something in the game but I’m not massively hopeful. What will be disappointing is if we only score once and lose comfortably. If that happens I think the season is done.


Unless the game plan is to bring in 3/4 quality players for the last 10 games or so (and even that might not work this time), the season was done before it began.
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:59 pm  
Deadcowboys1 wrote:
BigTime wrote:
I’ve seen Tigers in a few games. They’re not great but they’re better than Hull...who beat us. I hope we can do something in the game but I’m not massively hopeful. What will be disappointing is if we only score once and lose comfortably. If that happens I think the season is done.


Unless the game plan is to bring in 3/4 quality players for the last 10 games or so (and even that might not work this time), the season was done before it began.
BigTime wrote:
I’ve seen Tigers in a few games. They’re not great but they’re better than Hull...who beat us. I hope we can do something in the game but I’m not massively hopeful. What will be disappointing is if we only score once and lose comfortably. If that happens I think the season is done.

Never give up or lose the faith
Re: Castleford away next : Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm  
The wife and I are going to game on Friday, we have even bought the new away shirts for the occasion.
Re: Castleford away next : Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:12 am  
BigTime wrote:
I’ve seen Tigers in a few games. They’re not great but they’re better than Hull...who beat us. I hope we can do something in the game but I’m not massively hopeful. What will be disappointing is if we only score once and lose comfortably. If that happens I think the season is done.

I have some bad news for you regarding Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy if you had any belief that the season wasn't "done" before it started!

Tigers to win by 20 points or more......brave as we are, we really just aren't a match for any other SL side at the moment!
Re: Castleford away next : Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm  
Can I ruin everything by being optimistic?

We only lost by 8 to a very good team on sat and likely have one or two returnees so should be just as solid and won't have to deal with anything like MacDonald, lafai or Sneyd....
Re: Castleford away next : Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:53 pm  
the-bearded-lefty wrote:
Can I ruin everything by being optimistic?

We only lost by 8 to a very good team on sat and likely have one or two returnees so should be just as solid and won't have to deal with anything like MacDonald, lafai or Sneyd....


Good to see a bit of optimism but I can’t really share it. Salford are a good attacking side and the 3 players you mentioned are a real handful but as a team they were undoubtedly off on Sunday and we still weren’t able to take our chance. Tigers aren’t as good but from what I’ve seen they’ve done pretty well for periods in games and I don’t think they’ve fallen off the edge of a cliff like Hull have. I hope we will make it competitive but I just don’t see where our tries are going to come from. We just don’t find it easy to make metres or unpick defences. Also when we do score we often struggle to convert the extras. I fear another modest loss but we will see.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos