RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2023 squad (players who are on contracts for next year)

Victor wrote:
Victor Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Posts: 536
Member for 2 years
Something really has to be done to improve the match day experience.
As far as the Buck and Dusty Mascot outfits are concerned, apparently they are in a container somewhere. The Club have been asked to get at least one but preferably both out for home games.
They said that they will do something about it. Nothing has happened, no surprise there.
I have a suggestion for the club regarding Buck and Dusty. I am sure that there are people out there that have being the mascot at a sporting event on their bucket list. Broncos, make their wish come true.
Find the bloody suits, and get this offer out there on Social Media and other media. You would get some some good publicity from it, the bucket lister will probably bring their mates to the game and who knows what could lead from that.
Doubt under the current regime that they will act on this idea, but it would not involve massive cost and could be a bit of a winner for the club.
Another thought, let us put Dusty in the ladies kit.

User avatarorangeman wrote:
orangeman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Posts: 1390
Member for 2 years
Victor wrote:
Another thought, let us put Dusty in the ladies kit.

Genius........ 8)

I like the idea about the bucket lister, but it is fraught with danger. Stag do's etc.....anyone else remember a piddled Aussie taking a swing at Buck in Griffin Park. :lol:

The thing with the mascot is even if you have to pay someone, there are THOUSANDS of out of work actors who would do the job. None of the matchday experience needs to cost an arm and a leg, but it is far more to do with making an effort than spending cash.

Cheerleading is all the rage when you tune into "Britains got nothing better to do".....my Daughter was in a squad for a few years and they loved nothing more than to perform at events. The Cowgirls were fantastic. Never "too racy" just good clean fun and were part of the match day experience......there are plenty of Cheerleading groups in SW London. Maybe run a competition through the season?

Chris Warren was employed by the club in a multi-pronged role, including the half time competitions....bring that back.....half time performance from the cheeleaders followed by kicking comp for a club shirt....and matchday sponsor awarded framed shirt on the pitch at half time.

Let a kid run the ball out at the start for £50?

When I first attended a game I was lucky enough to be with a mate who knew what was going on, but I remember there being volunteers at the forecourt in GP helping out. 40-20 had access to the club port-a-cabin to sell merch, there were buckets of VB available to those who couldn't get into stripes, even an online PDF programme would be better than what's on offer now.

I have a 2005 Team poster......did the club produce such an item of late?

And I'll say it again. STOP charging for the after match presentations......open them up to everyone and get the "club" feeling back. It is telling that there is no photographic evidence of how well or poorly the 'one club" event was attended.

2023 is it guys. If they can't push it out to 1,500 average I can't see the point in Hughes continuing to bankroll it for no growth or return. The Kids and Reserves got hammered most weeks in 22, the crowds were poorer that 2018 and the only positive was the Ladies who the club pretty much ignored until prompted by fans. They've discounted the commercial offering and standard match day tickets to the extent they've damaged the value of both beyond repair (who will pay full price now??) and it is increasingly obvious that we are maybe one more hissy fit from Hughes away from the knackers yard.
I'd expect this off season to be the busiest in terms of activity and communications that we ever seen...........More important than a couple of grand (if that) in shirt and player sponsorships, the club need to address the #1 source of reliable repeatable income other than Hughes and that's the fans. If they can get £20 a pop from 1,500 fans a game over 13 games, then that's £390,000. Sod the gimmicky lounge and the contra Hull trains logo bull.....because by my maths (never 100% reliable) they would have ben lucky to take £140,000 this year on the door/lounge entrance and that's shocking.

Smithers99 wrote:
Smithers99 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 pm
Posts: 167
Member for 1 year
Dalton Grant and Sam Davis also back onboard.

wantawin wrote:
wantawin Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am
Posts: 373
Member for 10 years
orangeman wrote:
Genius........ 8)

I like the idea about the bucket lister, but it is fraught with danger. Stag do's etc.....anyone else remember a piddled Aussie taking a swing at Buck in Griffin Park. :lol:

The thing with the mascot is even if you have to pay someone, there are THOUSANDS of out of work actors who would do the job. None of the matchday experience needs to cost an arm and a leg, but it is far more to do with making an effort than spending cash.

Cheerleading is all the rage when you tune into "Britains got nothing better to do".....my Daughter was in a squad for a few years and they loved nothing more than to perform at events. The Cowgirls were fantastic. Never "too racy" just good clean fun and were part of the match day experience......there are plenty of Cheerleading groups in SW London. Maybe run a competition through the season?

Chris Warren was employed by the club in a multi-pronged role, including the half time competitions....bring that back.....half time performance from the cheeleaders followed by kicking comp for a club shirt....and matchday sponsor awarded framed shirt on the pitch at half time.

Let a kid run the ball out at the start for £50?

When I first attended a game I was lucky enough to be with a mate who knew what was going on, but I remember there being volunteers at the forecourt in GP helping out. 40-20 had access to the club port-a-cabin to sell merch, there were buckets of VB available to those who couldn't get into stripes, even an online PDF programme would be better than what's on offer now.

I have a 2005 Team poster......did the club produce such an item of late?

And I'll say it again. STOP charging for the after match presentations......open them up to everyone and get the "club" feeling back. It is telling that there is no photographic evidence of how well or poorly the 'one club" event was attended.

2023 is it guys. If they can't push it out to 1,500 average I can't see the point in Hughes continuing to bankroll it for no growth or return. The Kids and Reserves got hammered most weeks in 22, the crowds were poorer that 2018 and the only positive was the Ladies who the club pretty much ignored until prompted by fans. They've discounted the commercial offering and standard match day tickets to the extent they've damaged the value of both beyond repair (who will pay full price now??) and it is increasingly obvious that we are maybe one more hissy fit from Hughes away from the knackers yard.
I'd expect this off season to be the busiest in terms of activity and communications that we ever seen...........More important than a couple of grand (if that) in shirt and player sponsorships, the club need to address the #1 source of reliable repeatable income other than Hughes and that's the fans. If they can get £20 a pop from 1,500 fans a game over 13 games, then that's £390,000. Sod the gimmicky lounge and the contra Hull trains logo bull.....because by my maths (never 100% reliable) they would have ben lucky to take £140,000 this year on the door/lounge entrance and that's shocking.

They had the Supporters Action Group when you first started attending games who used to help the club with the match day experiance.

User avatarwire-quin wrote:
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 7349
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Member for 17 years
Kwazi spelt incorrectly the prop who went to fax is coming back
Mac out!

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1047
Member for 1 year
[quote="wire-quin"]Kwazi spelt incorrectly the prop who went to fax is coming back[/
Hopefully not a misprint. We must avoid recruiting khazi players!

BigTime wrote:
BigTime Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
Posts: 1047
Member for 1 year
Smithers99 wrote:
Dalton Grant and Sam Davis also back onboard.

Good news. To my untrained eye us letting Davis go last year was a sign that all was not well with our management’s thinking and ability to get buy in from players. More eagle eyed posters will have spotted a plethora of other tells. We seem to have gone the long way around and wasted a year but I’m beginning to get a little bit hopeful about next season. Pending a move to the Isle of Dogs obviously.

Smithers99 wrote:
Smithers99 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 pm
Posts: 167
Member for 1 year
With Jordan Williams signing I think we are a centre short of already having a reasonable starting 13. The article on Williams is the first (I think) to refer to any of the two year contracted players. I'm assuming all those players (on two year contracts) will indeed return. Would mean currently this team:

Walker
Ulberg
Grant
TBA
Macani
Leyland
Horsman
Albert
Davis
Bienek
Williams
Lovell
Parata

I guess moving Lovell to centre and Blakemore as a forward, we could technically put out a full 13. Unbalanced but feasible.

If new signings arrive that are clear "starter" level then I think the team should be competing for a play-off spot.

crashmon wrote:
crashmon Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 am
Posts: 587
Member for 12 years
Smithers99 wrote:
With Jordan Williams signing I think we are a centre short of already having a reasonable starting 13. The article on Williams is the first (I think) to refer to any of the two year contracted players. I'm assuming all those players (on two year contracts) will indeed return. Would mean currently this team:

Walker
Ulberg
Grant
TBA
Macani
Leyland
Horsman
Albert
Davis
Bienek
Williams
Lovell
Parata

I guess moving Lovell to centre and Blakemore as a forward, we could technically put out a full 13. Unbalanced but feasible.

If new signings arrive that are clear "starter" level then I think the team should be competing for a play-off spot.


I'm waiting to see what quality of new signings we get (remember getting them into London is always a problem), before thinking we would get close to 6th, however at least we should have a squad strong enough to be away from the bottom 4 at least....

User avatarDeadcowboys1 wrote:
Deadcowboys1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:10 pm
Posts: 1316
Member for 12 years
crashmon wrote:
I'm waiting to see what quality of new signings we get (remember getting them into London is always a problem), before thinking we would get close to 6th, however at least we should have a squad strong enough to be away from the bottom 4 at least....


Agreed Crash, let's hope for an upgrade at halfback & kicker.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Deadcowboys1 and 57 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to London Broncos


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Septimius Se
48
2m
2023 Kit
Mrs Barista
2
4m
The World Cup
Thetalentboy
69
9m
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
34m
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
53m
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
58m
Half Back problem
easyWire
44
59m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1672
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18s
Some news would be nice
terry silver
51
20s
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
22s
Leeds V NZ
Freddie Mill
72
25s
The World Cup
Thetalentboy
69
30s
Under New Ownership
Greg Florimo
8
35s
Half Back problem
easyWire
44
37s
Rumours and signings v9
Stu M
24423
43s
Sam Lisone
PopTart
30
51s
This Sintellins team
Jason65
437
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15281
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
TODAY
2023 Kit
Mrs Barista
2
TODAY
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
TODAY
Under New Ownership
Greg Florimo
8
TODAY
South stand season tickets
Trebor1
4
TODAY
Widdop
jools
2
TODAY
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
vastman
44
TODAY
WC tickets for sale
MadDogg
1
TODAY
Trinity TV
Dunkirk Spir
3
TODAY
Sam Lisone
PopTart
30
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.38Million 1,645 ↓-1979,2539,323
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-Samoa
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
Jamaica-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
New Zealand-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
Scotland-Italy
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-Papua NG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WALES-Cook Islands
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-Scotland
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-Italy
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
New Zealand-Jamaica
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-Ireland
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Mon 24th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Tonga-WALES
Tue 25th Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Papua NG-Cook Islands
Fri 28th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
New Zealand-Ireland
Sat 29th Oct
WC2022 RND: 3
14:30
England-Greece
WC2022 RND: 3
17:00
Fiji-Scotland
WC2022 RND: 3
19:30
Australia-Italy
Sun 2nd Oct
NRL RND: 29 Penrith28-12Parramatta
L1 RND: 26 Swinton16-10Doncaster
CH RND: 30 Leigh44-12Batley
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 27 1306 208 1098 52
Featherstone 27 1058 468 590 47
Halifax 27 837 440 397 40
Barrow 27 759 587 172 37
Batley 27 738 551 187 36
York 27 677 596 81 36
 
Sheffield 27 699 660 39 24
Widnes 27 567 679 -112 24
Bradford 27 521 675 -154 22
Whitehaven 27 488 854 -366 19
LondonB 27 548 740 -192 17
Newcastle 27 559 877 -318 15
Dewsbury 27 385 964 -579 7
Workington 27 296 1139 -843 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 18 843 154 689 36
Crusaders 18 668 332 336 30
Swinton 18 737 281 456 28
Doncaster 18 618 392 226 26
Rochdale 18 646 451 195 24
Hunslet 18 475 462 13 17
 
Oldham 18 535 473 62 15
Midlands 18 458 632 -174 10
LondonS 18 362 705 -343 10
Cornwall 19 274 782 -508 2
West Wales 19 154 1106 -952 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 27
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 27 674 374 300 42
Wigan 27 818 483 335 38
Huddersfield 27 613 497 116 35
Catalans 27 539 513 26 32
Leeds 27 577 528 49 29
Salford 27 700 602 98 28
 
Castleford 27 544 620 -76 26
Hull KR 27 498 608 -110 24
Hull FC 27 508 675 -167 22
Wakefield 27 497 648 -151 20
Warrington 27 568 664 -96 18
Toulouse 27 421 745 -324 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 24
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 23 628 353 275 38
Cronulla 23 535 348 187 34
Melbourne 23 704 388 316 32
NQL Cowboys 23 595 353 242 32
Parramatta 23 586 475 111 30
Sydney 23 611 416 195 28
Souths 23 588 448 140 28
Canberra 23 468 451 17 26
 
Brisbane 23 502 528 -26 26
St.George 23 445 559 -114 22
Manly 23 470 574 -104 18
Canterbury 23 362 555 -193 12
Newcastle 23 356 624 -268 12
NZ Warriors 23 382 673 -291 12
Gold Coast 23 428 634 -206 10
Wests 23 342 623 -281 8
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
2m
Leigh Squad 2023 possibly
Septimius Se
48
2m
2023 Kit
Mrs Barista
2
4m
The World Cup
Thetalentboy
69
9m
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
34m
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
53m
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
58m
Half Back problem
easyWire
44
59m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
1672
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
18s
Some news would be nice
terry silver
51
20s
Transfer talk
Bully_Boxer
391
22s
Leeds V NZ
Freddie Mill
72
25s
The World Cup
Thetalentboy
69
30s
Under New Ownership
Greg Florimo
8
35s
Half Back problem
easyWire
44
37s
Rumours and signings v9
Stu M
24423
43s
Sam Lisone
PopTart
30
51s
This Sintellins team
Jason65
437
1m
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
15281
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
2023 Principal Shirt
Mrs Barista
1
TODAY
2023 Kit
Mrs Barista
2
TODAY
England V Samoa Tickets
JohnnyM1
1
TODAY
Under New Ownership
Greg Florimo
8
TODAY
South stand season tickets
Trebor1
4
TODAY
Widdop
jools
2
TODAY
Morgan Smith - confirmed 2 year deal
vastman
44
TODAY
WC tickets for sale
MadDogg
1
TODAY
Trinity TV
Dunkirk Spir
3
TODAY
Sam Lisone
PopTart
30
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!