Salford on Saturday Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:26 am  
Salford on Saturday
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:26 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
switched to 1pm on Saturday afternoon for channel 4.
A decent crowd expected- with a decent following from giants -11 coaches going so far - tickets just £10 to get in.
We may miss Pryce due to his stupidity, but as Russell is back I wouldn’t have expected him to play anyway. will have to see if anyone else is pulled up by MRP.
Golding pulled up last week so could Louis FINALLY get a game :lol: certainly doesn’t deserve to be kept hanging
Could we see Hill named in the 21 next week?
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Salford on Saturday Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm  
Re: Salford on Saturday
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
730 tickets for the giants sold for this as of Tuesday morning. A third allocation requested. Should be a good day out!
Re: Salford on Saturday Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:41 am  
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:41 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
Team is out and no golding so Louis senior must surely feature this week!
Chris hill back in the squad. So a difficult decision for Watson this week as all forwards played well last week. Does he give new dad ashworth a break or reward his excellent performance? Poor Marty english can’t break into the squad as can’t Lawrence. Difficult one!
Around 1000 giants fans expected to be there- a scorching day forecast so should be a belter of a day out! Tickets still available until 3pm Friday. £10 for side on seats
The backs and halves are a straightforward pick but the forwards could well depend on who has performed in training, who has slight niggles and who’s fitness might give an edge in the expected conditions. Salford will try and go round us not through us so we need to be very tight defensively in the middle.
Tui
Louis
Leroy
King
Innes
Russell
Fages
Hill
AOB
Greenwood
Jones
McQueen
Yates

Wilson, trout, hewitt, Levi
Re: Salford on Saturday Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:19 pm  
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:19 pm  

User avatarHuddsRL5 wrote:
HuddsRL5 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Member for 16 years
Very tough game this, Salford have been a joy to watch this year and have a great 17. Joe Burgess has been in some of his best form and should be close to an England recall, we'll need Louis to be faultless against him this weekend.

Noticed Innes coming inside to help Toby against Hull which cost us last week. Toby would have made the tackle but the trust wasn't there yet, understandable given some of Tobys reads in recent games, hopefully they've tightened it up this week
Re: Salford on Saturday Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 pm  
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
Disappointing today. Salford just were very good in the first half and we looked half asleep. I’m afraid our left edge defence was very poor generally and king and senior weren’t great.
Again we didn’t really perk up until Levi came on the field. We allowed salford to dictate the speed of play and play on their terms, we spent much of the first quarter defending.
Second half we improved but errors and penalties kept killing us. Again last option plays just weren’t good enough- IF we actually got that far! We really need to work on this. I thought our kicking game was disappointing today- kicks just seems to go straight to the player.
We will need to improve next week and certainly not let castleford play as salford did!
Re: Salford on Saturday Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:09 pm  
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:09 pm  
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 19 years
Jools at least the snake knows he's still got Ken's wallet to rely on, as for us we still have the begging bowl out.
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings"..

Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)
Re: Salford on Saturday Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:44 pm  
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:44 pm  

Hangerman2 wrote:
Hangerman2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Member for 9 years
We were really exposed out wide on a number of occasions, we really do have some very mediocre outside backs. Only Leutele (who is going) and McGillvary(who isn;t getting any younger) are of the required standard. We definitely should not be looking to sign King on as he has offered nothing other than being reasonable under the high ball in attack, and is very poor in defence. I have being say for as long as they have been playing that both seniors are not good enough for this level. We need two new centres (Cudjoe should only be cover) and a running half (as Pryce is not staying beyond next year) to compete for silverware. We keep signing good forwards but our backline is way off the pace. I really worry that Watson does not seem to recognise this. I know we are after Esan Marsters, who looks great and i really hope we get him, but we need two more backs to add to that.
Re: Salford on Saturday Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:38 pm  
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:38 pm  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
Hangerman2 wrote:
We were really exposed out wide on a number of occasions, we really do have some very mediocre outside backs. Only Leutele (who is going) and McGillvary(who isn;t getting any younger) are of the required standard. We definitely should not be looking to sign King on as he has offered nothing other than being reasonable under the high ball in attack, and is very poor in defence. I have being say for as long as they have been playing that both seniors are not good enough for this level. We need two new centres (Cudjoe should only be cover) and a running half (as Pryce is not staying beyond next year) to compete for silverware. We keep signing good forwards but our backline is way off the pace. I really worry that Watson does not seem to recognise this. I know we are after Esan Marsters, who looks great and i really hope we get him, but we need two more backs to add to that.

Cudjoe was our best player today and was the only one that actually made anything from nothing - so to say he should only be cover is being rather disingenuous.
I wasn’t under the impression we were looking to sign on king- who has three years on a very lucrative contract at Warrington-so why would we?
For me We don’t need a running half- we have fages- we need a general- of the Brad drew type..
Re: Salford on Saturday Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 am  
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 am  

chissitt wrote:
chissitt Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 15 years
jools wrote:
Cudjoe was our best player today and was the only one that actually made anything from nothing - so to say he should only be cover is being rather disingenuous.
I wasn’t under the impression we were looking to sign on king- who has three years on a very lucrative contract at Warrington-so why would we?
For me We don’t need a running half- we have fages- we need a general- of the Brad drew type..

Is that why you lost?
Re: Salford on Saturday Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:01 am  
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:01 am  

User avatarjools wrote:
jools User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
chissitt wrote:
Is that why you lost?

No chisset we lost because salford scored more points than us.
You should be used to that being a Wakefield fan.
Next