RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Another signing
Re: Another signing Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:04 pm  

User avatarpmarrow wrote:
pmarrow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 5801
Location: Hull

Seems odd to pay a transfer fee and only give a one year contract.
Twitter : @TheResidentPete
Re: Another signing Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:07 pm  

Fartown58 wrote:
Fartown58 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am
Posts: 161
Luke Yates on 2 year deal!
Re: Another signing Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:14 pm  

FartownFan57 wrote:
FartownFan57 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 pm
Posts: 66
The games against Salford next year are certainly going to have some spice in them.
Re: Another signing Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:17 pm  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 12193
Location: Durham
pmarrow wrote:
Seems odd to pay a transfer fee and only give a one year contract.



The only reason is that we are close to salary cap and have given him a small year one pay with a bigger and better offer for years after that. I hope !!!
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Re: Another signing Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 pm  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Let me guess - you are trying to sign Jake Mamo, Brock Lamb and Danny Levi so you can put together the Newcastle Knights under 20s spine of;

1 Mamo
6 Lamb
7 Cogger
9 Levi
13 Yates

Lamb seems to have decided to get a real job and play for Maitland after walking out on a deal at Parra in 2020 - and Levi was cut by Manly and was linked to Salford a few weeks ago, but that has gone quiet for some reason.
Re: Another signing Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:27 am  

User avatarpmarrow wrote:
pmarrow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 am
Posts: 5801
Location: Hull

Durham Giant wrote:
The only reason is that we are close to salary cap and have given him a small year one pay with a bigger and better offer for years after that. I hope !!!


You would have thought they would have offered a sliding contract which is fairly common these days.

For your sake I hope I'm wrong but stinks more of him wanting to leave Hull then play for Huddersfield.
Twitter : @TheResidentPete
Re: Another signing Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:43 pm  

roopy wrote:
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:00 am
Posts: 1974
Location: Newcastle, Hunter Valley
Luke Yates has been one of my favourite players for years.
When he was 15 he was the sort of forward who led the team from the front. He was always the guy who put his hand up to run hard when everyone else was out on their feet, and guys would lift for their captain.
Strangely, he made the NSW squad as 18th man in both under 16s and under 18s and got a game at both levels when others dropped out, and went on to be one of the best on the field. They didn't want to pick him because he was small, but when he got a chance, his big heart made up for his lack of size.
At Newcastle he was captain of most age group sides because he was the guy who led the way. He always put his hand up for the hard plays.
Nathan Brown only picked the little guy for firstgrade because he ran out of forwards, so picked the little guy who always had the best stats in reserve grade, but never let him play long minutes, and playing long minutes and doing far more than his share of the work is where Yates shines. When Yates turned 21, Brown told him he didn't have a spot for him and begrudingly gave him a chance to trial the next year for a reserve grade contract. Yates trained every day from the end of the season and showed up at the first training session and smashed all the fitness records. He still only got a second tier contract.
I found it funny that him and Pauli Pauli were together at Salford, because I always said when they played together at Newcastle in reserve grade, that you could make the best prop in the world if you put Yates' heart into Pauli's body.
He is the little engine that could (do you have that over there?)
The sceptics have always lined up around the block to tell him he can't be a middle forward in a halfback sized body, and he just works twice as hard as everyone else and does the job.
Re: Another signing Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:44 pm  

User avatarMatt01 wrote:
Matt01 User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:25 pm
Posts: 11030
Location: Birthplace of Rugby League
roopy wrote:
Luke Yates has been one of my favourite players for years.
When he was 15 he was the sort of forward who led the team from the front. He was always the guy who put his hand up to run hard when everyone else was out on their feet, and guys would lift for their captain.
Strangely, he made the NSW squad as 18th man in both under 16s and under 18s and got a game at both levels when others dropped out, and went on to be one of the best on the field. They didn't want to pick him because he was small, but when he got a chance, his big heart made up for his lack of size.
At Newcastle he was captain of most age group sides because he was the guy who led the way. He always put his hand up for the hard plays.
Nathan Brown only picked the little guy for firstgrade because he ran out of forwards, so picked the little guy who always had the best stats in reserve grade, but never let him play long minutes, and playing long minutes and doing far more than his share of the work is where Yates shines. When Yates turned 21, Brown told him he didn't have a spot for him and begrudingly gave him a chance to trial the next year for a reserve grade contract. Yates trained every day from the end of the season and showed up at the first training session and smashed all the fitness records. He still only got a second tier contract.
I found it funny that him and Pauli Pauli were together at Salford, because I always said when they played together at Newcastle in reserve grade, that you could make the best prop in the world if you put Yates' heart into Pauli's body.
He is the little engine that could (do you have that over there?)
The sceptics have always lined up around the block to tell him he can't be a middle forward in a halfback sized body, and he just works twice as hard as everyone else and does the job.
Love it. Sounds like we have a real workhorse who will lead by example both on and off the field.
FARTOWN FOREVER

FARTOWN LEGENDS - Danny, Eorl, Reilly, Stan and Wally
Re: Another signing Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:24 am  

Wood1 wrote:
Wood1 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm
Posts: 62
Try the following link to see what we may be seeing next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJnZv3GOsg. Alternatively type 'the best of ricki leutele' into your browser. Definitely worth a look.
Re: Another signing Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:26 am  

Or thane wrote:
Or thane Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm
Posts: 1220
Wood1 wrote:
Try the following link to see what we may be seeing next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJnZv3GOsg. Alternatively type 'the best of ricki leutele' into your browser. Definitely worth a look.

Leutele is Quality and he'll be amazing for you next year, we tried to sign him at Warrington but Toronto said no, then they went tits up Melbourne signed him. The players you've signed for next year are awesome and you'll be a real force next season. Be exciting to see you play, you've got some absolutely quality players and i think you'll have a great year :-)
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,141,4121,34778,5364,559LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 18:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
LEIGH
TODAY 18:00
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
TODAY 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Thu 22nd Apr 19:45
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 2nd May 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 7th May 20:15
CC2021
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Mon 17th May 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 23rd May 15:00
SL
LEIGH
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 30th May 15:00
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Fri 16th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Newcastle26-22Cronulla
NRL RND: 6 Melbourne20-4Sydney
Thu 15th Apr
NRL RND: 6 Brisbane12-20Penrith
SL RND: 3 Leeds6-19Wigan
Sun 11th Apr
CC RND: 3 Swinton8-32Warrington
CC RND: 3 Leigh18-36Huddersfield
NRL RND: 5 Wests30-34NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 5 Parramatta12-26St.George
Sat 10th Apr
CC RND: 3 Salford68-4Widnes
CC RND: 3 St.Helens26-18Leeds
CC RND: 3 Catalans26-6Wakefield
CC RND: 3 Featherstone14-34Hull FC
NRL RND: 5 Gold Coast42-16Newcastle
NRL RND: 5 Canterbury18-52Melbourne
NRL RND: 5 Sydney26-10Cronulla
Fri 9th Apr
CC RND: 3 York0-26Wigan
NRL RND: 5 NZ Warriors12-13Manly
NRL RND: 5 Penrith30-10Canberra
CC RND: 3 Hull KR32-33Castleford
Thu 8th Apr
NRL RND: 5 Souths35-6Brisbane
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Penrith 6 160 38 122 12
Sydney 6 164 78 86 8
Melbourne 6 160 74 86 8
Souths 5 143 60 83 8
St.George 5 129 87 42 8
Parramatta 5 116 80 36 8
 
Gold Coast 5 124 79 45 6
Canberra 5 103 90 13 6
Newcastle 6 127 142 -15 6
Cronulla 6 126 120 6 4
NZ Warriors 5 93 102 -9 4
Wests 5 94 160 -66 2
Brisbane 6 80 147 -67 2
NQL Cowboys 5 70 171 -101 2
Manly 5 47 168 -121 2
Canterbury 5 34 174 -140 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Wigan 3 73 30 43 6 100
St.Helens 2 54 6 48 4 100
Hull FC 2 57 14 43 4 100
Castleford 2 39 22 17 4 100
Catalans 2 49 38 11 4 100
Warrington 2 56 33 23 2 50
 
Leeds 3 44 59 -15 2 50
Huddersfield 2 20 42 -22 0 0
Hull KR 2 28 54 -26 0 0
Leigh 2 30 64 -34 0 0
Wakefield 2 28 62 -34 0 0
Salford 2 10 64 -54 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Sheffield 1 50 12 38 2
Halifax 1 47 14 33 2
Toulouse 1 21 6 15 2
Featherstone 1 28 18 10 2
Dewsbury 1 17 8 9 2
Oldham 1 28 20 8 2
 
Widnes 1 30 30 0 1
Newcastle 1 30 30 0 1
Swinton 1 20 28 -8 0
Whitehaven 1 8 17 -9 0
Batley 1 18 28 -10 0
York 1 6 21 -15 0
LondonB 1 14 47 -33 0
Bradford 1 12 50 -38 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
Keighley 0 0 0 0 0
Coventry 0 0 0 0 0
Workington 0 0 0 0 0
Hunslet 0 0 0 0 0
Rochdale 0 0 0 0 0
Crusaders 0 0 0 0 0
 
Barrow 0 0 0 0 0
LondonS 0 0 0 0 0
Doncaster 0 0 0 0 0
West Wales 0 0 0 0 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPNTSWP%
BradfordW 0 0 0 0 0
WiganW 0 0 0 0 0
Wire W 0 0 0 0 0
St.HelensW 0 0 0 0 0
WakefieldW 0 0 0 0 0
LeedsW 0 0 0 0 0
 
CastlefordW 0 0 0 0 0
FeatherstoneW 0 0 0 0 0
Hudds W 0 0 0 0 0
YorkW 0 0 0 0 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X