WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Cas Tigers on Thursday
Cas Tigers on Thursday Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:59 pm  

FartownFan57 wrote:
FartownFan57 Stevo's Armpit

A repeat of last Thursday would do.Didn't get to see the Wakefield game due to problems with the Ourleague stream.
From the short highlights it was definitely the Sezer show,the assists and the individual try.
The team metres made stats were much improved suggesting they were running hard for Luke,obviously made Sezers job easier.
A run of games coming up now against other struggling teams that we should be capable of winning.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:46 am  

Fartown58 wrote:
Fartown58 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

So here we go again.
I'll go with:
Golding
Jerry
Leroy
Jake
Darnell
Gaskill
Sezer
Lawrence
Holmes
Matagi
McQueen
Edwards
Turner

Wilson
Gavet
Wood
Russell / Trout
Discuss (or not)
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:50 pm  

Crackerjack wrote:
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Matty English not available then ?
Not heard . Head injury?
Mind at moment missing a few updates!
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm  

FartownFan57 wrote:

Having now watched the Wakefield game thinking I would keep the same team. Impressive performance.Even though Gaskell is back in the squad thought Turner was very good the way he linked up with Sezer.There will be one change as Butterworth is out,so Holmes to start as hooker ?

No Joe Wardle again,he’d be in my starting 13 every time.
Been impressed with McQueen,shame he couldn’t have done more minutes against Leeds.
Unless he picked up a knock amazed that Simon Woolford didn’t have Trout on the bench for the Leeds game, he puts himself about on defence,just what we could have done with in the second half.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm  

Wood1 wrote:
Wood1 Stevo's Armpit

Agree with your assessment of the Wakey performance. I think Joe W, English and Hewitt are still in covid isolation. Gaskell only 50/50 according to Luke so I think they'll give him another week, he also said that Butterworth might play if he recovers from illness, Russell a possibility for the no. 9 role.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 am  

User avatarHuddsRL5 wrote:
HuddsRL5 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Great to finally win a close game, I was more impressed with the mental resolve than anything else. Thought we looked nervous in the first half especially, how many balls went to ground!

Some individuals really shone and got us through last night, thought Wardle, Golding, Sezer and Bruno were outstanding.

Ollie Russell really stepped up for me, made a mass of tackles in his stint at hooker, can only do him good getting some time in the middle.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am  

Wood1 wrote:
Wood1 Stevo's Armpit

Agree with all of that. Thought Russell's tackling was excellent. I still think he lacks the pace to be an outstanding half back - maybe no.9 will be his best position. Thought Holmes played well too, some good darts from the ruck. Plenty of competition now the guy from Halifax has been signed.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:21 am  

FartownFan57 wrote:

Slow start was a concern.Just as well Sene-Lefeo decided to hang around in our line rather than run through it and stopped us going three scores behind.
The storm blew itself out and we clawed it back.
Cudjoe’s return has been a bonus,was fearing the worst outcome after last year.To me he looks just as effective as he was if not better and wants to make up for lost time.
Re: Cas Tigers on Thursday Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am  

User avatarHuddsRL5 wrote:
HuddsRL5 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Agreed Leroy looks like he's never been away, still got that touch of class and is looking better every game.