WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 Recruitment
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm
Posted by GiantJake1988 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:47 pm
GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 143rd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1011
Hastings is a half back Brearley but sometimes plays 9 as well.

If we sign him it will definitely be to play in the halves and I think it will spell the end of Ryan Hinchliffe at the Giants as I can see Jordan Turner playing loose forward next year if we bring in a new half.

Ollie Russell is definitely going to be the future of the club but he definitely needs to mature physically.

Can see Brough been used sparingly next season. He will probably be used in specific games and may even be used as hooker cover when someone is injured too.

Even with Hastings and Uate I still think we need another 2nd row and prop to be a real competitive team in the top 4.

1. Rankin/Darnell - I don't think Darnell has been given a fair extended run at Full Back and I think Rankin isnt great myself. Very hesitant and isnt playing no where near as good as he was last season.
2. Jerry
3. Leroy
4. Wardle/Gaskell
5. Uate
6. Hastings
7. Turner/Brough
8. English
9. Leeming
10. Taai
11. Mellor
12. New 2nd row?
13. Turner/Smith

14. O Brien
15. Seb
16. Roberts (when fully fit, not on this years form though)
17. New prop

I will get slated for this but I honestly dont think the likes of Murphy, Clough and Bruno are first choice top 4 players. They are all very dependable players and great servants who do whats asked of them but I honestly think we need more quality to be a top 4 team.

We also have the likes of Ferguson (new deal still not announced) Dickinson and Sam Wood.

I expect to lose :

Hinchliffe
Wakeman
Mamo
Walne - I think he will join his brother at KR or go searching for regular first team action
Colton Roche - Think he will leave early also in search of regular first team action and probably to a top end Championship team.

Id try offload Gaskell but simply cant see that happening given the contract hes on.

Nathan Mason, Liam Johnson, Izaac Farrell & Mikey Wood are all OOC and I expect them all them to move on. I was thinking we may keep Farrell but after Russells performances and the fact weve been linked to Tom Holmes, I doubt it.

Weve promoted Sam Hewitt, Jon Luke Kirby, Ollie Russell and the Senior Twins. I expect us to loan Kirby and Hewitt out to Championship/league 1 sides. Senior twins I think will remain in our academy and will get first team chances too.

Will be interesting to see how Kirby does in comparison to Dickinson as English has burst onto the scene and is well further up the pecking order.
Last edited by GiantJake1988 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 pm
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:01 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 106
Rep Position: 192nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1507
GiantJake1988 wrote:
Hastings is a half back Brearley but sometimes plays 9 as well.

If we sign him it will definitely be to play in the halves and I think it will spell the end of Ryan Hinchliffe at the Giants as I can see Jordan Turner playing loose forward next year if we bring in a new half.

Ollie Russell is definitely going to be the future of the club but he definitely needs to mature physically.

Can see Brough been used sparingly next season. He will probably be used in specific games and may even be used as hooker cover when someone is injured too.

Even with Hastings and Uate I still think we need another 2nd row and prop to be a real competitive team in the top 4.

1. Rankin/Darnell - I don't think Darnell has been given a fair extended run at Full Back and I think Rankin isnt great myself. Very hesitant and isnt playing no where near as good as he was last season.
2. Jerry
3. Leroy
4. Wardle/Gaskell
5. Uate
6. Hastings
7. Turner/Brough
8. English
9. Leeming
10. Taai
11. Mellor
12. New 2nd row?
13. Turner/Smith

14. Leeming
15. Seb
16. Roberts (when fully fit, not on this years form though)
17. New prop

I will get slated for this but I honestly dont think the likes of Murphy, Clough and Bruno are first choice top 4 players. They are all very dependable players and great servants to come in and cover but I honestly think we need more quality to be a top 4 team.

We also have the likes of Ferguson (new deal still not announced) Dickinson and Sam Wood.

I expect to lose :

Hinchliffe
Wakeman
Mamo
Walne - I think he will join his brother at KR or go searching for regular first team action
Colton Roche - Think he will leave early also in search of regular first team action and probably to a top end Championship team.

Id try offload Gaskell but simply cant see that happening given the contract hes on.

Nathan Mason, Liam Johnson, Izaac Farrell & Mikey Wood are all OOC and I expect them all them to move on. I was thinking we may keep Farrell but after Russells performances and the fact weve been linked to Tom Holmes, I doubt it.

Weve promoted Sam Hewitt, Jon Luke Kirby, Ollie Russell and the Senior Twins. I expect us to loan Kirby and Hewitt out to Championship/league 1 sides. Senior twins I think will remain in our academy and will get first team chances too.

Will be interesting to see how Kirby does in comparison to Dickinson as English has burst onto the scene and is well further up the pecking order.


No place anywhere for O'brien then or did i miss him somewhere
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 pm
Posted by GiantJake1988 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 pm
GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 143rd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1011
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
No place anywhere for O'brien then or did i miss him somewhere


Edited. Of course there is - hes playing exceptional at present.
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 pm
Posted by GiantJake1988 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 pm
GiantJake1988 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 143rd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:27 am
Posts: 1011
Anyone know if Ukuma Taais contract up this season? The link below seems to think so but I was under the impression he still had a year left?

https://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... d-12088244
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 pm
Posted by GIANTSRL on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 pm
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 776
Rep Position: 11th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 15511
Location: Huddersfield
ok if hastings a half back

play with brough short term as he would prob go back to nrl after a year or two

mcintosh still making his errors... at least 3 lastnight

leeming knocking on in the last minute too nearly cost us the game unbelievable that
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:06 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 106
Rep Position: 192nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Posts: 1507
GIANTSRL wrote:
ok if hastings a half back

play with brough short term as he would prob go back to nrl after a year or two

mcintosh still making his errors... at least 3 lastnight

leeming knocking on in the last minute too nearly cost us the game unbelievable that


Rankin looked very sluggish and hesitant too, In fact no one stood out particularly, Smith looked a bit better than he sometimes does, but somehow we did enough to get the points.
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 pm
Posted by the stella kid on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:08 pm
the stella kid User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 272nd / 77,841

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:52 am
Posts: 2680
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
No place anywhere for O'brien then or did i miss him somewhere

No Ikahifho?
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 pm
Posted by Hangerman2 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:24 pm
Hangerman2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 120
Rep Position: 181st / 77,841

Quiz Score: 28

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm
Posts: 296
i thought Woolford got it about right in his assessment about last night. Cudjoe did very well with the limited chances he got, as did Jerry. Mellor scored a good try and looks dangerous and for me, Lawrence was quite good going forward for once, maybe Woolford has given him some new insight.
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm
Posted by CHRISS on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm
CHRISS User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 277th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 3:31 pm
Posts: 681
Hangerman2 wrote:
i thought Woolford got it about right in his assessment about last night. Cudjoe did very well with the limited chances he got, as did Jerry. Mellor scored a good try and looks dangerous and for me, Lawrence was quite good going forward for once, maybe Woolford has given him some new insight.

Lawrence ran the ball up harder,actually passed and went to ground quickly after being tackled this allowing a quick play the ball
why is abbreviation such a long word?
Re: 2019 Recruitment
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 pm
Posted by jools on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 489
Rep Position: 40th / 77,841

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9336
CHRISS wrote:
Lawrence ran the ball up harder,actually passed and went to ground quickly after being tackled this allowing a quick play the ball


Now dont go taking sense- unless he’s knocking players over like skittles he’s useless according to some of our uneducated fans.
Rapira was the same- hard yards- fall on his front quick PTB - but slAted at times
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aliw2001, Baron Greenback, djhudds, GiantJake1988, Grandad 1, Hangerman2 and 59 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Huddersfield Giants - claretandgold.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,967,0341,86677,8414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





26