FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is the rebrand in order to sell on as a franchise?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200519 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 23 17:063rd Aug 23 06:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Charlie Caroli wrote:
maurice wrote:
I keep hearing about what will be going on at the first game of the season , as it’s a televised game it should be something to get the fans talking and shocked , that said I’m going for a major A list celeb performing from the Pop World , ie the real Rod Stewart ,or maybe one of the Gallagher brothers ,what about the Cheeky Girls, for me it’s the only way we are gonna get anywhere near 10,000 in the LSV , and then it would have to be advertised.
I’ve seen and heard Bongser sing his Opera Arias , maybe he could give us a rendering of the Drinking Song .

I remember the days Charlie Knew.

Yeah so do I , I’m more of a listener these days , but in all honesty I feel to get a 10,000 plus crowd against Salford something has to be planned to excite the fans , and I have a feeling maybe an A list recording artist is planned by Derek , deffo a watch this space job.

is your thinking its along the lines of what they are doing with Horse Racing as i know they have been have gigs post the race meet for a couple of years now.
Would that work the same as with racing? Get a big name on before, HT or after? Would it attract people to the game and them stay depending upon when the artist was on?
i'm very much a get to the game (10 mins early at best), and applaud the players off, then head off home type of fan.

i'm not knocking, just curious how you feel it would work, and if it would attract a big crowd and they were there for the game too
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 20213 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 18:0119th Apr 24 18:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The pieman wrote:
maurice wrote:
I keep hearing about what will be going on at the first game of the season , as it’s a televised game it should be something to get the fans talking and shocked , that said I’m going for a major A list celeb performing from the Pop World , ie the real Rod Stewart ,or maybe one of the Gallagher brothers ,what about the Cheeky Girls, for me it’s the only way we are gonna get anywhere near 10,000 in the LSV , and then it would have to be advertised.
I’ve seen and heard Bongser sing his Opera Arias , maybe he could give us a rendering of the Drinking Song .

Yeah so do I , I’m more of a listener these days , but in all honesty I feel to get a 10,000 plus crowd against Salford something has to be planned to excite the fans , and I have a feeling maybe an A list recording artist is planned by Derek , deffo a watch this space job.

is your thinking its along the lines of what they are doing with Horse Racing as i know they have been have gigs post the race meet for a couple of years now.
Would that work the same as with racing? Get a big name on before, HT or after? Would it attract people to the game and them stay depending upon when the artist was on?
i'm very much a get to the game (10 mins early at best), and applaud the players off, then head off home type of fan.

i'm not knocking, just curious how you feel it would work, and if it would attract a big crowd and they were there for the game too

I can just imagine the scenes , full east stand with people who have primarily come to watch , for example Rod Stewart. The cries of Salfordians singing “you’ve only come to see Rod Stewart “ as they pour out of the exits after his set.
There is a reason why this type of thing hasn’t happened before.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200222 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Mar 24 11:1225th Nov 23 20:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Lower Creaser wrote:
The pieman wrote:
maurice wrote:

I can just imagine the scenes , full east stand with people who have primarily come to watch , for example Rod Stewart. The cries of Salfordians singing “you’ve only come to see Rod Stewart “ as they pour out of the exits after his set.

Media reporting 12500 at LSV to watch Leigh v Salford is all that matters - and no give away tickets to do so.

PS its Peter Kay
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player171No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 20213 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 18:0119th Apr 24 18:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

maurice wrote:
Lower Creaser wrote:
The pieman wrote:
maurice wrote:

Media reporting 12500 at LSV to watch Leigh v Salford is all that matters - and no give away tickets to do so.

PS its Peter Kay

If you are going to spoof at least make it believable (and when he’s not on tour )
EVVO 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach644
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200519 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Apr 23 07:1718th Feb 23 15:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

maurice wrote:
PS its Peter Kay

Thanks for the info maurice. Now I know that I heed to order more tickets. :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player496
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 13 20203 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 22:2418th Apr 24 12:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

LSV sold out in 10 minutes
glow 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 02 200321 years314th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Feb 24 21:304th Feb 24 18:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
get leigh outta wigan

The pieman wrote:
maurice wrote:

I too only usually get there not long before KO and leave more or less at the final whistle, but it’s not the likes of me these things (whatever they are) are aimed at.

I also hope that all this works out for DB, I do however feel a wet freezing February night could put a damper on things, unless it’s the circus!
RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20213 years200th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Dec 23 20:3427th Aug 23 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

glow wrote:
The pieman wrote:
maurice wrote:

I too only usually get there not long before KO and leave more or less at the final whistle, but it’s not the likes of me these things (whatever they are) are aimed at.

I also hope that all this works out for DB, I do however feel a wet freezing February night could put a damper on things, unless it’s the circus!

Nowt to do with me Glow, I’ve retired .
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3327
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 25 20159 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 10:581st Apr 24 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

maurice wrote:
......its Peter Kay

Readers should know that Mo is a WUM he has, however, hinted at the actual artists appearing. "The All Seeing I" (featuring (one of Peter Kay's old collaborators) Tony Christie) will perform "Walk Like a Panther" as a warm up to Georgie Fame & The C&W Flames, with Charlie banging the big bass drum in "Lily the Pink".

For all subsequent home games the teams will stroll out to a certain Henry Mancini classic.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3327
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 25 20159 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 10:581st Apr 24 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

....not "The Baby Elephant's Walk"!
PreviousNext