RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
23 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - John Asiata
Re: John Asiata Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:28 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I wouldn't want him but Im a little divided on it. Yes his money brings the opportunity to have a shot of playing at the top level but I would also feel there is as much chance of that happening as there is of him destroying the club.

It’s easy to say that , maybe wishful thinking , but most Leythers are very happy , another quality signing today , another signing at the week end and one promised later , we are looking bigger , faster , and stronger than lat season , I cant wait .Good luck to Fax.
Re: John Asiata Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:38 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:38 pm  

User avatarmaurice wrote:
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member


Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16554
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
Member for 20 years
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I wouldn't want him but Im a little divided on it. Yes his money brings the opportunity to have a shot of playing at the top level but I would also feel there is as much chance of that happening as there is of him destroying the club.



That wont be happening even if he walks at some point in the future
Re: John Asiata Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 am  
Re: John Asiata
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 am  

User avataratomic wrote:
atomic User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 6774
Member for 7 years
The Charlie Caroli wrote:
It’s easy to say that , maybe wishful thinking , but most Leythers are very happy , another quality signing today , another signing at the week end and one promised later , we are looking bigger , faster , and stronger than lat season , I cant wait .Good luck to Fax.


Up the Leythers…. :BOW: :BOW:
Image
Re: John Asiata Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:31 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:31 pm  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3654
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Member for 17 years
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I wouldn't want him but Im a little divided on it. Yes his money brings the opportunity to have a shot of playing at the top level but I would also feel there is as much chance of that happening as there is of him destroying the club.


This is Chris Chester’s view on Derek. Not based on hearsay and rumour, but based on personal and current experience.
“ Some people may consider working for the ultra-competitive and ambitious Beaumont to be a real challenge too - but not Chester.

"He's absolutely brilliant," he insists. "The perception people have of Derek is all wrong. He's a real sound guy who has put his heart and soul into this club. He's got that same hunger and drive we all have. As long as he still has that and we're striving for that promotion, that can only be good for the club.

"Derek has never interfered or put a stop to anything I've tried to do since I got here. He's put his faith in me to run the football department and that's a credit to himself he's able to trust me and allow me to just get on with it."

That is taken from an article in the Manchester Evening News today.

Derek has been at the helm now for many years. We have been to SL twice, unfortunately returned both times, but still he is here. The club is not in debt and he has put in place a management/coaching team this season, that would be the envy of many SL clubs. He has tried known, trusted and loyal as coaches, which was a noble but unfortunately not rewarded tact. He has now adapted and put in place tried and experienced quality at every level. He has also bankrolled a new squad that has slowly and patiently built into a quality looking group. He has committed to adding to that squad also this season.
We continue to play in one of the best facilities in RL, with Derek no doubt ensuring that we can afford to do that.
In his tenure so far he has not “destroyed” the club, in fact in my view he has done exactly the opposite. Us Leythers have an exciting season to look forward to once again.

I appreciate your opinion GFB, but I think I will stick by DB. He has shown his love and loyalty to our club. I will show him the same.
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can.
“Up The Comics !”
Re: John Asiata Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:35 am  
Re: John Asiata
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:35 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8800
Member for 17 years
Vancouver Leyther wrote:
This is Chris Chester’s view on Derek. Not based on hearsay and rumour, but based on personal and current experience.
“ Some people may consider working for the ultra-competitive and ambitious Beaumont to be a real challenge too - but not Chester.

"He's absolutely brilliant," he insists. "The perception people have of Derek is all wrong. He's a real sound guy who has put his heart and soul into this club. He's got that same hunger and drive we all have. As long as he still has that and we're striving for that promotion, that can only be good for the club.

"Derek has never interfered or put a stop to anything I've tried to do since I got here. He's put his faith in me to run the football department and that's a credit to himself he's able to trust me and allow me to just get on with it."

That is taken from an article in the Manchester Evening News today.

Derek has been at the helm now for many years. We have been to SL twice, unfortunately returned both times, but still he is here. The club is not in debt and he has put in place a management/coaching team this season, that would be the envy of many SL clubs. He has tried known, trusted and loyal as coaches, which was a noble but unfortunately not rewarded tact. He has now adapted and put in place tried and experienced quality at every level. He has also bankrolled a new squad that has slowly and patiently built into a quality looking group. He has committed to adding to that squad also this season.
We continue to play in one of the best facilities in RL, with Derek no doubt ensuring that we can afford to do that.
In his tenure so far he has not “destroyed” the club, in fact in my view he has done exactly the opposite. Us Leythers have an exciting season to look forward to once again.

I appreciate your opinion GFB, but I think I will stick by DB. He has shown his love and loyalty to our club. I will show him the same.


Like I say Im very much divided on it. As a club Halifax have very little chance of playing in SL in the near future without a cash injection but the flip side is we are been well managed, we are competing near the top of the table, and any debt is been managed well for the time been. The fear is always there though when you have an ego maniac in charge that they could simply bat and ball it and leave a club in a mess that it takes years to recover from.

As it stands Im really not that desparate to watch my team play in SL, there is a lot of things in SL that I am not a fan of(whole different discussion) so while the Championship offers great entertainment and excitement Im happy where Fax are as a club.

Personally I think you have a good one in Chester even if I am slightly biased but I think Lam may be a mistake but time will tell and I would expect Chester to say nothing different to what he said above when talking publicly about his boss.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: John Asiata Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34 am  
Re: John Asiata
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34 am  
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 3654
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Member for 17 years
Where you see/say “egomaniac”, I see/say “passionate leyther with money, prepared to back his club”.
Chester I believe is a shrewd and honest man and as such I think he is a bonus for the club and I trust his voiced opinion of Derek. He could has chosen to say much, much less, but he didn’t. That’s tells me he is comfortable and happy to tell people as much.
As for Adrian Lam, I honestly believe he is a master stroke. Time will tell but I believe he will forge a team that can defend our line and break the oppositions line on a regular basis.
I am really looking forward to this season, and Derek is largely responsible for that.
All the best for the season GFB.
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can.
“Up The Comics !”
Re: John Asiata Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:11 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:11 pm  
Ste100Centurions User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 2786
Member for 9 years
A lot of talk of talk about D.B here.

Personally I am glad to have him as owner & fan of the club & being such a big fan he obviously puts his heart & soul into the club.

Things are often a bit stressful as a Leigh fan but at least we have made it to S.L twice in recent times & Leigh amost always challenge for honours in Championship.

I freely admit to being more than a little worried about the lack of numbers being recruited (up until now) & although Leigh are still light on numbers I am confident now that more will come when the right deals can be done. The general quality can't be knocked & I think every single other Championship club look at Leigh now as the ones to beat.

D.B has had his ups & downs but really looks to have genuinely learned a lot recently & by his own admittance. I actually think that Derek is possibly now in the best place regarding his approach & outlook than ever before.

Chris Chester' recent interview was a breath of fresh air, especially with his comments about building a solid sustainable team for the future. He projects himself very well.

A lot of non Leigh fans calling out Adrian Lam as not good enough yet he took Wigan to a G.F & didn't he also win Coach of the year ?
I think Lam is going to go about his business quietly & confidently & hopefully let the results do his talking.

Feeling much better about the season ahead & hoping Leigh do get to Super League again & make it stick this time.
Re: John Asiata Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:38 pm  
Re: John Asiata
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:38 pm  
The Charlie Caroli User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:46 pm
Posts: 403
Member for 1 year
Ste100Centurions wrote:
A lot of talk of talk about D.B here.

Personally I am glad to have him as owner & fan of the club & being such a big fan he obviously puts his heart & soul into the club.

Things are often a bit stressful as a Leigh fan but at least we have made it to S.L twice in recent times & Leigh amost always challenge for honours in Championship.

I freely admit to being more than a little worried about the lack of numbers being recruited (up until now) & although Leigh are still light on numbers I am confident now that more will come when the right deals can be done. The general quality can't be knocked & I think every single other Championship club look at Leigh now as the ones to beat.

D.B has had his ups & downs but really looks to have genuinely learned a lot recently & by his own admittance. I actually think that Derek is possibly now in the best place regarding his approach & outlook than ever before.

Chris Chester' recent interview was a breath of fresh air, especially with his comments about building a solid sustainable team for the future. He projects himself very well.

A lot of non Leigh fans calling out Adrian Lam as not good enough yet he took Wigan to a G.F & didn't he also win Coach of the year ?
I think Lam is going to go about his business quietly & confidently & hopefully let the results do his talking.

Feeling much better about the season ahead & hoping Leigh do get to Super League again & make it stick this time.

Personally Ste I can’t wait for next week , hopefully we can give a good show of strength and then give Fev a headache or two the week after .
Derek has done the right thing in appointing Chester , Lam , and Clubb, they ended the old Leigh boys Club ,and are their own men , on recruitment we seem to be gradually moving forward in numbers , even the Clubs Rumplestiltskins can’t be negative about the signings we have made , I can’t see any weakness in positions ,except maybe numbers but that will change as things unfold , till then ,Bring on Haven .
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], micktheleyther and 121 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leigh Centurions


RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
29s
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
46s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12230
1m
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28478
8m
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
11m
Tom Grant
REDWHITEANDB
49
12m
Squad news v Catalans
Scarlet Pimp
63
15m
Powell OUT
Smiffy27
645
20m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Seth
119
21m
Brexit disaster
chissitt
64
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Tom Grant
REDWHITEANDB
49
23s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
The Magic Ra
528
32s
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
33s
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
42s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12230
54s
Wigan v Sts discussion
NickyKiss
202
54s
Loads of effort no ability
Scarlet Pimp
45
55s
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
56s
Squad news v Catalans
Scarlet Pimp
63
58s
So onto Huddersfield
davey41
160
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
TODAY
Paul Sykes 500th game
Maccbull_Big
1
TODAY
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
dddooommm
4
TODAY
Oakes 9 Draw
60sCat
3
TODAY
Salford on Saturday
jools
1
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
thickorthin
5
TODAY
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
Peter Goddar
21
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
rugbyleague8
15
Random Topics selected.
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.35Million 2,038 ↓-1179,17234,030
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
 Sun 14th Aug
       Championship 2022-R23
15:00
Newcastle
v
Leigh
 Sun 21st Aug
       Championship 2022-R24
15:00
Leigh
v
York
 Sun 28th Aug
       Championship 2022-R25
15:00
Leigh
v
Widnes
 Sun 4th Sep
       Championship 2022-R26
15:00
LondonB
v
Leigh
 Sun 11th Sep
       Championship 2022-R27
15:00
Leigh
v
Batley
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 11th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Warrington-Toulouse
Fri 12th Aug
SL RND: 23
20:00
Hull KR-Leeds
Sat 13th Aug
SL RND: 23
13:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Mon 15th Aug
CH RND: 23
19:45
York-Bradford
Thu 18th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 19th Aug
SL RND: 24
20:00
Hull FC-Wakefield
Sat 15th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
England-SAM
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Australia-Fiji
Sun 16th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
17:00
JAM-IRE
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
NZ-Lebanon
WC2022 RND: 1
14:30
SCO-IRE
Mon 17th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
France-Greece
Tue 18th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
Tonga-PNG
Wed 19th Oct
WC2022 RND: 1
19:30
WAL-Cook I
Fri 21st Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
Australia-SCO
Sat 22nd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Fiji-ITA
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
England-France
WC2022 RND: 2
19:30
NZ-JAM
Sun 23rd Oct
WC2022 RND: 2
14:30
Lebanon-IRE
WC2022 RND: 2
17:00
France-Greece
Sun 7th Aug
SL RND: 22 St.Helens20-12Castleford
SL RND: 22 Leeds34-14Salford
SL RND: 22 Wakefield16-20Catalans
CH RND: 22 Bradford48-18Workington
CH RND: 22 Dewsbury10-22York
CH RND: 22 Leigh52-20Barrow
CH RND: 22 Newcastle0-44LondonB
CH RND: 22 Sheffield38-26Whitehaven
CH RND: 22 Widnes16-20Featherstone
CH RND: 22 Halifax34-18Batley
L1 RND: 18 Cornwall12-36Crusaders
L1 RND: 18 Doncaster26-20Rochdale
L1 RND: 18 Midlands36-41Oldham
L1 RND: 18 Swinton22-26Keighley
NRL RND: 21 Canterbury14-28NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 21 Wests10-14Newcastle
Sat 6th Aug
L1 RND: 18 LondonS68-18West Wales
NRL RND: 21 Souths48-10NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 21 Canberra6-26Penrith
NRL RND: 21 Cronulla24-18St.George
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Leigh 22 982 188 794 42
Featherstone 22 834 380 454 37
Halifax 22 669 358 311 32
Batley 22 638 395 243 32
York 22 539 434 105 30
Barrow 22 569 483 86 29
 
Sheffield 22 579 536 43 20
Widnes 22 492 553 -61 20
Bradford 22 457 544 -87 20
Newcastle 22 497 649 -152 15
LondonB 22 434 580 -146 13
Whitehaven 22 356 774 -418 11
Dewsbury 22 285 776 -491 5
Workington 22 232 913 -681 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Keighley 15 669 118 551 30
Crusaders 17 640 308 332 28
Swinton 16 605 263 342 24
Doncaster 16 548 326 222 24
Rochdale 16 588 409 179 22
Hunslet 16 445 364 81 17
 
Oldham 16 443 455 -12 11
LondonS 16 356 579 -223 10
Midlands 16 416 576 -160 8
Cornwall 17 248 716 -468 2
West Wales 17 144 988 -844 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTS
St.Helens 22 512 276 236 36
Wigan 22 648 395 253 32
Huddersfield 22 493 386 107 29
Catalans 22 457 369 88 28
Castleford 22 479 494 -15 22
Leeds 22 475 436 39 21
 
Salford 22 529 512 17 20
Hull FC 22 424 513 -89 20
Hull KR 22 386 492 -106 20
Warrington 22 432 551 -119 14
Wakefield 22 375 578 -203 12
Toulouse 22 355 563 -208 10
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2022 ROUND : 21
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 10 402 142 260 18
Penrith 10 290 177 113 16
NQL Cowboys 10 251 125 126 14
Cronulla 10 219 168 51 12
Parramatta 10 259 213 46 12
Brisbane 10 197 169 28 12
Sydney 9 190 144 46 10
Manly 10 192 230 -38 10
 
Souths 9 192 173 19 8
Canberra 10 158 211 -53 8
NZ Warriors 10 180 263 -83 8
St.George 9 135 220 -85 8
Gold Coast 10 160 240 -80 6
Newcastle 10 124 248 -124 6
Wests 9 114 196 -82 4
Canterbury 10 96 221 -125 4
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POST
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
29s
Ellis Longstaff
Pie_Eyter
36
46s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12230
1m
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
28478
8m
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
11m
Tom Grant
REDWHITEANDB
49
12m
Squad news v Catalans
Scarlet Pimp
63
15m
Powell OUT
Smiffy27
645
20m
RD 22 Salford Red Devils H
Seth
119
21m
Brexit disaster
chissitt
64
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
23s
Tom Grant
REDWHITEANDB
49
23s
2022 Injuries & Suspensions
The Magic Ra
528
32s
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
23921
33s
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
42s
Game - Song Titles 20212
Wanderer
12230
54s
Wigan v Sts discussion
NickyKiss
202
54s
Loads of effort no ability
Scarlet Pimp
45
55s
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
56s
Squad news v Catalans
Scarlet Pimp
63
58s
So onto Huddersfield
davey41
160
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
POSTS
TODAY
What position should Jake Connor play next season
Marcus's Bic
1
TODAY
Paul Sykes 500th game
Maccbull_Big
1
TODAY
Theres an intruder in the commentary box
dddooommm
4
TODAY
Oakes 9 Draw
60sCat
3
TODAY
Salford on Saturday
jools
1
TODAY
Bradford have air conditioning
thickorthin
5
TODAY
Toulouse week
Moe syslak
12
TODAY
How are our ex players doing
orangeman
2
TODAY
Three new signings
Peter Goddar
21
TODAY
RD 23 Hull Kingston Rovers A
rugbyleague8
15
Random Topics selected.


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!